Huddle Utilities Claimform - Shared Student Accommodation Util resellers - Elec/Gas/TV/BB/Water debt ***Claim Struck Out***

well i cant make the claimform figure by adding  just one or 2 or 3, 4 utils sums from their letter.

they haven't a clue what they are doing 

they'll have to do better than that in their ws else the whole claim is going to fall apart for them

it really looks like from day one they were expecting mugs to panic and just pay this made up claim.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My thoughts...

I have read through the documentation again one letter says she owed £504?? so not sure where that figure came from. ??

Anyway I can only assume the extra cash £214.23 has come from either Electric or Gas or Both.

I have worked out that all the final figures given i needed to divide by 12 months to give her a monthly repayment figure £75.03. She was paying £58.12.

Noting this alleged debt is times four for four students so overall debt amount is an allegedly £856.92 Underpayment.

However

They have Only Provided proof of a the water Supply bill.

They have not provided official proof from Electricity or Gas and Broadband.

At the moment i am leaning towards they are upselling Gas and Electricity and maybe broadband.

I am a bit confused to be honest

yep about what i spotted too.

i wonder if the others are being scammed too i cant see how 4 people can forget to pay £850.

something is very fishy here.

they cant charge a higher unit price on any util than what the landlord pays.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have a look at a few util claimform threads

use our labelled enhanced google searchbox rob

dx

and they

I will be honest i have done a bit of digging and i am not 100% certain my Daughter wants to to go through with it after our discussions this evenings.

Its all a bit Fishy as you have mentioned but,

TruEnergy (still Active) is owned by the same guy who owns Huddle.

So my guess TE would buy the utilities and then sell it onto Huddle. So i suppose that's how they would get around the Upselling Perhaps if that's what's happening.

In the terms and conditions they have supplied the rates in which they charge Gas and Electric from the time of sign up so there meter reading do work out against their rate. However,

I have said we could build the defence around not supplying the detail as asked for on CPR of how they have come to debt in question, With regards to proof of who they purchase their utilities from and a what rates. Ofgem Regulations say all third party companies should provide this information if asked. 

It just feels like a can of Worms and my Daughter is worried about the CCJ which is understandable. Thoughts?

well either way if you pay its almost the same sum as if you defend and lose.

so run them around rob. IMHO

see what @Andyorch thinks?

and they

1 cal month typically to pay

and they

On 15/09/2023 at 20:17, dx100uk said:

have a look at a few util claimform threads

use our labelled enhanced google searchbox rob

dx

and they

what date is your filing? ...give us the claimform date from mcol please seems early for defence yet.

and they

not due for another week rob... till monday 25th by 4pm then

plenty of time for you to put something up the experts can advise on.

dx

and they

no.

5 days for service of the claimform pack, 14 days to do AOS then you get an extra 14 days to file a defence = total 33 days

and they

HI

Is this kind of thing I need to put together? 

1.       1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below.

2.       After repeated requests for Proof of Debt Hoodle Utilities LTD failed to provide evidence of an alleged debt.

3.       Failed to provide evidence to Support their calculations Eg Bills from main supplier

Defence

Huddle utilities is claiming £xxx from Miss H for our services of providing their household bills with Electricity, Gas,TV Licence,Broadband and Water at Address for the date 00/07/2018 to 00/06/2019. Despite numerous attempts to contact the tenant and recover the debt, we have had no response. We Therefore claiming the amount to be paid in full.

1.       .The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below.

2.       Noted, Defendant had dealings with Huddle Utilities in supplying Utilities to student accommodation during said period.

3.       Defendant refutes that they have no response from the Defendant. They have contacted Huddle a numerous times requesting for proof of alleged Debt.

4.       Huddle utility Failed to provide evidence to Support their claim with calculations Eg Bills from main suppliers for Gas, Electric, broadband, TV Licence and Broadband.

blimey you file that and they comply in their WS with the docs, you're gonna be stuck .

try something like this but adapt it as necessary.

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. It is admitted that I have had a supply agreement with XXX in the past. 

3. The claimant business is to simplify a landlords responsibility to provide and bill multiple utilities to a multiple occupancy rented accommodation. i'e students.

4. The defendant paid the claimants fixed sum monthly bill without fail for the extent of the rental period of the accommodation their contract was associated with,  ending on (date). 

5. Four Years Later, on (date), the claimant wrote to state that an outstanding sum of some +£2000 existed resulting from changed rates of the utilities they provided during the term of the agreement. Further stating, as one of the 4 tenants at the time, i now owed them either the full sum or my 1/4 proportion of said debt, as 4 students were at the dwelling. They also intimated that they were legally allowed to charge me the full sum if the other renters were not to pay their share under some equal and joint severity rule.

i have since discovered that some of my fellow renters have paid their demanded sums without question nor to what level and was confused about exactly what i owed actually owed the claimant and wrote asking for a breakdown of each bill.

6. Despite sending numerous requests prior to the court claim being raised for copies of said bills for said utilities covered by the agreement, the claimant failed to send anything other than a water bill, this included a CPR 31.14 on (date) by (method XXX)

the Claimant has failed to supply any individual bills for each service and has failed to abode by the back billing rules 

(all for now

i'll resume this at a later date)

further notes: 

4. Pursuant to OFGEM code of back billing rules the alleged charges are now over 12 months old and relate to charges which have not been billed correctly by Co-operative Energy and are therefore prevented from charging.

With the court’s permission the Claimant is put to strict proof to: -

a) show and disclose how the Defendant has entered into an agreement.

b) show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed.

c) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

6. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

7. It is therefore denied that the defendant is indebted to the claimant as alleged or at all.

and what about pre action protocol - did the send a letter of claim before issuing the court claim?

and they