Lowell/Overdales CCJ June 2023 - threatening warrant/Bailiffs

Uotl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a CCJ (June 2023) due to a credit cards from capital One and NewDay,

i have been receiving emails from Overdales Solicitors who are acting on behalf of Lowell Portfolio I Ltd.

Overdales solicitors have sent me an email saying that if i dont pay the amount (£1583) or set up a payment arrangement in the next 14 days they will apply for a 'warrant of control' and a county court bailiff could visit my property.

I was wondering what is the best thing to do in this situation.

Can they actually send Bailiffs to my property ?

Is it best i set up a plan to pay it back?

If i do set up a plan to pay it back will this effect me negatively in anyway on the credit file

many thanks 

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell/Overdales CCJ June 2023 - threatening warrant/Bailiffs
10 minutes ago, Uotl said:

If i do set up a plan to pay it back will this effect me negatively in anyway on the credit file

Your credit file is already affected ...the CCJ,  submit an N245 and get an affordable payment plan in place.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

your credit files is already fruked because of the ccj for 6yrs now, noting you can do about that will make it worse or better now.

how come they got a ccj and knew nothing about it?

have you moved of recent and it was a backdoor one as you didn't inform you debt owners in writing you have moved?

or did you simply ignore everything.?

as for bailiffs and a warrant.

they would have to return to court and ASK the judge to enforce the debt by sending court bailiffs, of that you will be informed, but NOT if lowell/overdales dont know your current and correct address NOW. you need to WRITE to them stating so, if you moved as above.

there is NO right of forced entry on consumer credit debt, so the bottom line is you simply ignore the court bailiffs , but its alot better if you get your ducks in line and deal with this before it ever MIGHT get to that stage.

please answer my questions and we'll get you moving.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok no point in trying to do anything about it then.

n245 time then

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Remember if Bailiffs come knocking they have no right of forced entry so don't open the door, don't engage with them, simply ignore them and they have to leave. If you have a car park it on private land that doesn't belong to you or well away from your home.