Backdoor CCJ VCS PCN - stopping in a bus stop (marked with red line) - Southend airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Points 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 & 1.8 are waffle and need to be cut out.  They have nothing whatsoever to do with why you didn't defend in time.

You say you have a realistic chance of defending but we can't see any defence

On 11/03/2022 at 10:06, FTMDave said:

Yes, you should also post up your draft defence.

You also need to include a draft of the order you would like the court to make.  Look at Andyorch's post 67 here  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/439264-unknown-vcs-ccj-bristol-airport-stopping-in-a-zone-where-stopping-is-prohibited-was-abroad/page/3/#comments  (if you can't find it in post 67 look a couple of posts above and below, sometimes the post count goes wonky).   

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Also in 1.3 give exhibit numbers to the copies of your air tickets and your passport, and mark them as such, so the judge knows what he/she is looking at.

The meat of your application is all prepared.

Get on with the defence and draft application now.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

thread tidied.

that needs alot of work.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You have probably convinced the Judge that you merit a hearing. However you haven't shown why the Judge should think you have a possibility of winning the case were it to be reheard. 

You have to give some reasons why you have chances of winning. For instance you can copy winning cases showing at  the top of the Stickies. Look at a number of Witness statements especially where VCS have lost when charging motorists with No stopping.

LFI is spot on as usual.

It's unclear if you have already prepared a draft defence.  If not, have a look at Zimbird's thread  -

There is a draft set aside WS in post 103 (if you can't find the attachment look a couple of posts above or below, sometimes the post count goes wonky).

The Section "Defence 7-13" is an excellent starting point as yours too is a no stopping-VCS-airport case.

Obviously you would have to tweak it, especially (9), you can't state you weren't the driver if you were, and you can't use POFA to defend yourself it you were daft enough to admit you were the driver during your appeal (after we specifically said not to appeal).

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor CCJ VCS PCN - stopping in a bus stop (marked with red line) - Southend airport

Thank you for your advice. I have emailed them the N244, draft order, witness statement and evidence of my travel.

I made the payment today. The lady was sure about the payment, If someone applying for set aside and stay of writ together in N244 then it's £14. If it's just set aside then it would be £275. 

I called CCBC support service and cried (I was/ am really worried and stressed). She told me they have not received the application and it can take 2-3 days. I asked if it is possible to fast track for me and explained that I am pregnant and all. But she can't do anything until she get the application form. Once received it can take upto 6 weeks for judge to make a decision. 

She also told me it is likely to affect my credit records for 6 years if the judgement not set aside by 18/3/22 (today is the 15/3/22). Should I make the payment? Please advise

5 minutes ago, Sojacob said:

Please advise

Why?  You won't follow the advice.

The whole reason you're in this mess is because you ask for advice on multiple forums and then mix it all up and get your strategy wrong.  We said not to appeal - so you appealed.  Had you told us you'd received a Letter of Claim we could have dealt with the imminent legal action but you were elsewhere talking about the Letter of Claim.

Everyone on CAG is an unpaid volunteer, we have lots of people to help and not much time to do it in.  On Sunday evening late at night tired Caggers were looking up defences and draft orders previously used in set aside cases and lookinforinfo went to the trouble of explaining the importance of including the draft defence, and all along you had no intention whosoever of following any of that advice as you were working out a different strategy elsewhere.

You need to choose one site and stick to it. 

• Like 2

I am so sorry. It is very difficult to express how I feel and I probably have choose wrong decisions

. I appealed as advised by the citizen adv b. And a person in another forum seems helping lot, including looking into my application at midnight and early mornings.

The CAG obviously has been very helpful, I feel reassured when I get advises from different people. I am sorry that I see it caused you distress and I have a feeling that you are hesitated to help me further. :( 

One place that is not much use with Private parking is the Citizens Advice, they will oftem just advise asking for a payment by installments and not look at the legality or otherwise.of the invoice. But yeas it makes things worse if you try to mix and match strategies from different places.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

What should I do now.. Please please help!! 

Should I call the claimant to pay? I am really worried about this credit score risk as we are looking for a mortgage soon. Can still continue with my n244 application once i paid (or since this already applied). 

If you pay off a CCJ in full within 30 days of receiving the judgment, it will be removed. Though you have to contact the court to send proof of payment as they instruct registry trust in removal of the CCJ.

Edited by whitelist

I see this online link on the DCBlegal to make payment. 

DCBLEGAL.CO.UK

I have contacted VCS again today. The lady told me that I can only make the payment to DCBLegal. But I called them yesterday DCBLegal wanted me to contact the DCBltd. 

What should I do now? Should I just make the payment with them? 

Have DCBL added any extra fees  to the judgment amount?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

AND what happened?

• 2 weeks later...

BN, from what the OP wrote on the other forum, they paid Simple Simon his whole judgement amount.

That's after shelling out £275 to apply for a set aside.

The OP also paid £190 on top of the judgement sum that Simon's solicitors just made up, despite being told by advisers on the other forum not to.

Yes absolutely so FTMDave and on another Forum OP was advised to challengene the judgment and demand Set Aside and repay as DCBL added Bailiff fees BEFORE 30 days to pay up kill judgment as in not register  as paidand complain about the Solicitor arm of DCBL to SRA for adding enforcement fees to the Judgment sum.  Don't know how that bit will play out/.

You cant enforce a CCJ by way of Bailiff's until the allotted time to pay the judgment has expired. ...MCOL wont let it happen if a judgment claimant requested it ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread