DWP Universal Credit over payment

gripper180
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

iv just received a letter from dwp about what i believe to be an advance payment for uc i had in june 2018.

i think the sum was £600 of which i paid 4 monthly payments of £50 from my benefit.

i started to receive my pension in nov that year and it seems no more money was taken so they are saying i owe £400 to this date.

am i still liable for this amount after over 3 years ago. 

thanks.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

id goto their website and fil in their SAR.

not sure if you are still liable but they must produce evidence to prove it!!

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• AndyOrch changed the title to DWP Universal Credit over payment

Did your benefit stop when you started to receive your pension?

Did they just stop collecting it from your benefits?

As DX says send them a SAR which is free, but overpayments from the DWP/ advances are certainly repayable regardless of the length of time that has passed.

Are you sure they are not deducting this out of your pension, if it is a state pension?

• Like 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Your UC claim (presuming it was a single claim) should have closed following you reaching state pension age.

The remaining unpaid advance would then have been referred to DWP Debt Management and they are now contacting you to see how you want to repay this.  If you take no action to agree repayment based on what you can afford, then I suspect you will start to see deductions from your pension.

Yes you can send SAR, but if you are sure it is £400 still owed, then see if you can come to a repayment agreement, as at least you then have some say in how much each month you are paying back.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

hi bazooka,

my uc stopped when i started receiving my state pension and they just stopped taking the repayments back till now just over 3 yrs later they send me a letter.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed