Companies without postal address

today
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Where is it stated please? And could you also answer my question about going through Amazon? Last time I had a problem with a company that wasn't based in the UK, it was very easy to get a refund via Amazon. I wouldn't have stood a chance on my own.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

2 hours ago, today said:

It is stated that the publisher is based on the UK

No it does say that. Just clever wording on the site like all these types of sites.

There is zero requirement for someone that publishes literature in the uk to have a registered company in the uk.nor be prevented from having a .uk.co. Website.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I suspect his permanent address might be in Santiago, Chile - although it is quite possible that he might also have temporary addresses in places like London and San Francisco during the year.

Nothing you have posted so far demonstrates that either he or the business you refer to has a substantive presence in the UK...

(Don't you think it odd that in this day of the internet it is so difficult to find any evidence of their presence in the UK?  The only UK connection to the business I can find says that its business is "Latin american restaurants".  And it would appear that elsewhere, Senor Salgado-Reyes is involved in recruiting "Private Investigators" in Santiago.  Seems a rum fish to me... )

you cant sue a person who might or might not be a director or owner or whatever of a company registered somewhere in the world on a whim in the UK just because a site has .co.uk in it and/or you think they might live in the uk even if you can prove they do, that is not the address to serve any UK court papers too ... . out of jurisdiction.

oh well they made money out you by publishing or using something they didnt have the right too?...happens 100'000's time every day. just ask martin lewis.:pound:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's perhaps ironic that Jorge Salgado-Reyes appears to be connected with this:

WWW.LONDONINVESTIGATES.CO.UK

London Process Server is a kind of dirty word. People hide from them. They try to run them over or attack them. Email us now!

If we look in the background of this gentleman we see that he left Chile in 1975 when he was seven to live in the UK

He runs  a publishing business, a process service business which does legal work for the British courts and a private investigation business so he should have an address in the UK.

I have looked in the website www.192.com about the Electoral Roll and I found that he should have siblings living in London.

I found nothing about him maybe because he may live outside London. Moreover, the website www.192.com provides only the 100 first results and for more we need to pay a fee

It is possible that some members are already using this service and have already paid the fee.

Moreover, there could be others websites which offer this service for free that I am not aware of

The amount of my claim is irrelevant concerning the issue of the address

Edited by today

I think the amount of your claim is very relevant and also the reason. But if you're determined to play secret squirrel you're likely to find less help. 

Why would I spend my time and paid for subscription to a website to help you look when I don't even know why?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

To explain you why I want to issue a claim will take too long and will muddle the issue. Maybe in the future I will post a separate thread about this issue. itis better to proceed step by step and first it is necessary to find the address

I can pay myself the fee but I am not sure that this will give me the requested information about this address. However, other members can know how to find this address from the Electoral Roll or from somewhere else

Actually this is a Self Help Forum run by volunteers that give there time freely to assist/help others.

As has also been said why would any of our Caggers even if they have they paid for service you mention (192.com) assist you by doing a search for this individual/address when you are playing secret squirrel which is likely not to get you the help you want from our Caggers.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

On 09/01/2022 at 15:03, today said:

There is nothing wrong with a company using a PO Box because we can use a PO Box in a claim form if we need to issue a claim because a PO Box is a legal address with a postcode. However,  this company even not uses a PO Box because it communicates with its clients using an online form.

I am not sure you are right on this. I found the quotation below from the Judge on this website

WWW.CIVILLITIGATIONBRIEF.COM

In Smith v Marston Holdings Ltd & Anor [2020] EW Misc 23 (CC) HHJ Paul Matthews made some observations about the correct address for service when applications are issued.  He also noted the iss…

27.I respectfully agree with the reasoning in this comment. The use of a post office box number or accommodation address, where the person concerned neither resides not carries on business, does not comply with the rule. This is yet further unacceptable behaviour by the applicant. Mr Edwards said that the consequence was that the court might strike out the proceedings. There is of course a power in CPR rule 3.4 to strike out a statement of case where there has been a failure to comply with a rule: see rule 3.4(2)(c). But an application notice is not a statement of case: see the definition in CPR rule 2.3(1). On the other hand, the court clearly has general management powers under rule 3.1, including the power to stay the whole or part of any proceedings: see rule 3.1(2)(f). In an appropriate case, that might be a suitable sanction, until a compliant address were provided. But in circumstances where I have decided on other grounds to refuse the applications as totally without merit, it is not necessary to take the matter further, apart from recording this further example of bad litigation practice.”

• Like 2

Thank you lookinforinfo.

Having a spare 30 minutes I decided to read the judgment referred to in the link you give above.

Wow!  What an entertaining read.  It could form the basis of a courtroom thriller with exotically named parties (with the exception of "Mr Smith" whose identity seems to remain unknown... ) and links to the Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands.  Hollywood'll love it.

Seriously - it's worth a read...

The reason why I want to issue this claim is irrelevant to the issue of the address and there is no reason why I would disclose more confidential information than necessary especially that I have already disclosed a lot because I have disclosed the name of the company.

If I explain fully my claim I would have to write a post ten page long

Anyway any members of this forum is free to provide the help that he wishes

Concerning the issue of the PO Box, a PO Box is a legal address with a postcode which is  used by some tribunals themselves.

If a company uses a PO Box there is no reason why we will not use it to sue this company. It is maybe not ideal but it is better than no address at all

You may wish to obtain advice directly from someone legally qualified before issuing the claim.

You are trying to find an address, but have you identified the correct party to sue ?

Indie author press are most likely to be an umbrella organisation with many different entities. I suspect that whoever you are trying to sue is not registered under that name. So you could end up issuing a claim against wrong company/person at the wrong address.

Take your time to research fully, before issuing the claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Use a tracing company to find their address.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks