Companies without postal address

today
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is no indie authors press business being conducted in the UK.  The Facebook pages appear to indicate that some of the authors publishing may be registered in the UK, but the actual business operations are US based.

I don't think you will find anybody in the UK dealing with what issue you may have.   You need to contact whoever is selling the items you have any issue with.  So if this is Amazon, you need to contact them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The full website address requested by honeybee13  is

https://vymaps.com/GB/Indie-Authors-Press-1786412618306606/

On addition to the issue of the two addreses there is also the fact that in the Internet it is stated that it is a British independent publisher founded in 2011 and in their website it is stated

LONDON | SANTIAGO | USA

Hence, they operate in these three countries

I think you may find that most people who offer help on these boards (in their own unpaid time) find it easier to provide useful help if they have some understanding of both the context and the nature of the problem.  It's not because they are nosey or because they want to examine or criticise your private life, it's because it is almost impossible to help someone with a problem without knowing something about the problem.

You appear to be having problems communicating with someone  - or indeed anyone - at a website you don't want to tell us about.

I don't think anybody can help with just that information.

[Edit:  We cross-posted.  Isn't that the same site I linked to in #17?  What are you trying to achieve?  I'm not sure that business does anything at all!]

Edited by Manxman in exile

a publisher does NOT have to physical presence in a country they publish in...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The issue is only about the address. There no need to make this thread more complicated than it needs to be.

A publisher does no need to have a physical presence in a country to publish but I found two possible addresses 

unsubbed get on with it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

I assume this link is the actual lot you are on about:

WWW.SALGADO-REYES.COM

Spread the loveOUR CURRENT BOOKS MacGuffin $12.99eBook: $3.99 Hollywood, California, August 2005.The double murder of a Beverly Hills...

Also the questions caggers are asking to try to assist you are very relevant it is yourself that is making this difficult

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I think the two UK addresses are just where authors are noted as published.  They are not where indie author press are based.

If you are looking to take legal action which is why you are needing the address, if you have been advised that indie author press are the responsible party, then you will need to contact the US address to make enquiries about the publication of works I.e. any UK registration information.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

To issue a claim we do not need necessary to have the address of the headquarter of the defendant, it could suffice that we have an address with a postcode in the UK where the claim form can be sent to the Defendant. It seems to me that the two addresses in the UK that I found could serve this purpoe on condition I know whch address to use and if I have the full address

I think @today is chasing shadows and this is a waste of time.

Yes - Indie Authors Press appears to have some connection with at least one address in Pimlico, but the website that says that also says its business is Latin american restaurants.  That website also has links to another site and associated email address (selgado-reyes.com) which has links to San Francisco and Santiago in Chile.  The one in San Francisco looks like it might be connected with some sort of niche or vanity publishing, and the Santiago site talks about vacancies for "private investigators" or something.  They all seem to be connected via a gentleman called Jorge Selgado-Reyes.  I suspect they (or he) don't any "real" presence or business in the UK.

Unless @today can demonstrate otherwise - apart from claiming they publish books in the UK...

Hi 

If this is to do with the link I posted in post#34, have a look under 'Submissions' it states:

Contracts/Payments

Each contributor will need to sign a contract to be emailed to authors whose work is accepted. Initial contract length will be for exclusive print and electronic rights for one year.

If it is to do with the above did you sign a Contract and email it back to the Author???

Note: each contract on that Submissions page is slightly different

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

There is no contract signed between us

In the website of this company

https://www.salgado-reyes.com/about-indie-authors-press/

It is stated that it is based in the UK because it is stated

“Indie Authors Press is a family-run hybrid publisher for independent authors, based in the UK.”

So they should have an address in the UK

We can also use websites about the Electoral Roll to find the address of the owner of this company Jorge Salgado Reyes  like www.192.com  but it provides only the 100 first results and if we want to do a full search we need to pay a subscription. Hence, if a member of this forum has full access to such websites I would be grateful to this member if he found the address of this gentleman

“Indie Authors Press is a family-run hybrid publisher for independent authors, based in the UK.”

You could also read that as the authors being based in the UK, not the publisher.

You still haven't told us what your problem is with the publisher or Mr Salgado-Reyes, who seems to be a private investigator from what I've seen. Going back a few posts, someone suggested you tackle the problem through Amazon rather than pursuing someone around London or the UK. Is there a reason why you can't involve Amazon?

ETA: Do you know for sure that Salgado-Reyes is the owner of the publisher? I haven't seen that online.

HB

• Haha 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks