Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

5 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

What solution would you suggest, TOR?

A rapid reduction in population growth 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

1 hour ago, theoldrouge said:

She’s exceptionally bright and quick thinking 

Funny also on the betting exchanges with all that’s gone on, the Cons are long odds on to be the largest party at the next GE doesn’t say much for the dullard does it?

Quick thinking in a PM is no good if it isnt used to the advantage of the country .. as we see with Johnson

... and shows major failings in planning, preparation and proper thought if needed anyway as we also see with Johnson eh?

- oh - and she can't be bright if shes a climate science skeptic and fracking supporter now can she?

Who do you mean by dullard?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

2 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

You would be surprised at how little is harvested by hand except on very small holdings nowadays 

And such as daffodil pickers can earn £1600 per week but for a very short season So no one is going to employ them on a full time basis 

@ between £8.91 and £11 an hour FFS (see link below)

and out of that "workers will be staying in 6 berth Chalets which consist of 2x Double beds, 1x Twin Bedded Room and Shower/Bath Room, Fully equipped Kitchen and Living Room with Television at a cost of £58.52 per person per week"

(£117 quid a week COST for 2 pickers to share a bed ...)

I see a claim of a few real pros earning 900 quid a week

DUCKDUCKGO.COM

DuckDuckGo. Privacy, Simplified.

wheres your evidence

so

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Whoever is elected as Tory leader is going to struggle. Once any party has been in Government for 12 years or more, there is a build up of negative issues. The country gets fed up with them and there is a mood for change.

If Labour does not win the next election with enough MP' to form a Government, it would represent a massive failure.  Starmer and his team have really got to start putting forward alternative proposals to improve quality of life for most people, without having to raise taxes for most people.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Claw back the 10's of billions given to VIPals for duff/non delivered PPE would help ..

Claw back ALL the profits from dulldos trace a test scam

Claw back the 10s of billions water companies have cost in cleanups and excess profits and are due in justified fines would also help

Claw back 10's of billions that energy companies have made in excessive profit from a crisis

Claw back the 100's billions in energy company profits from selling UK natural resources abroad and taking the profits abroad

those would be a good start

Opening up our largest market would help too rather than starting a trade war that would cripple our industries even further

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

Replying to UB. At the moment, Kemi Badenoch is the most popular Tory candidate with party members. Quite a turnaround, I thought they were all for Mordaunt. It would be interesting to know what MPs think.

Meanwhile, Liz Truss's wheeze about sending asylum seekers to Turkey was flatly rejected within hours by Ankara. It's like Patel all over again, throw out names of countries to send refugees to, only to find in short order that they don't want anything to do with it. Might be worth asking them first...

The Turkish minister didn't mince his words and encouraged the UK to meet its international obligations.

WWW.AA.COM.TR

‘It is out of question for Türkiye to shoulder more burden or to be part of initiative, at third countries' request,’ says Foreign Ministry spokesperson -...

Illegitimi non carborundum

13 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

A rapid reduction in population growth 

tell that to Johnson and smogg

The Tory Legacy

Badenough might not seem as bad as Johnson (who is) or Dorris (few is), but as a anti-woke (bs soundbite shouter) anti climate action populist ... she is bad enough. Bet the Faragites love her.

mordaunt has done herself no favours in that TV event. Shes come across as a clueless fantasist with 8 billion tax givaway ... with how its funded defined 'later.

Truss is just confirming she is a clueless, useless numbty with a few soundbites and trying to channel Thatcher, but actually channeling groucho marx but doesn't even have the kokum to realise it.

Sunack assures us he's going to fix the financial problems created and grown while he was chancellor ....

.. not least by generating a trade war with the EU AND USA by trashing international agreements and the good friday accord

PLUS you can guarantee that the 'fiscally responsible' bits from our hard right thatcherite chancellor in cutting costs and raising taxes will be pain for the masses + NHS + national services and profits for the pals - GUARANTEED

By elimination that leaves only tugendhat, a more traditional tory as a plausible option ... if it weren't for the simply fact that the 'Tory party has turned into a party that has acclimatised to being liberated from the constraints of reality

Oh, and the no confidence vote issue (over) simplified:

* Labour had tabled a no confidence vote in the PM (Johnson) specifically - which many tory MP's may well have voted for

* Johnson will table his nuclear 'no confidence in the government' which is far too much like the Party shooting itself and more likely to generate a general election - although not necessarily

- but it points the gun far more at the party rather than Johnson himself

.. no surprises there for a self-serving liar.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

Replying to UB. At the moment, Kemi Badenoch is the most popular Tory candidate with party members. Quite a turnaround, I thought they were all for Mordaunt. It would be interesting to know what MPs think.

Meanwhile, Liz Truss's wheeze about sending asylum seekers to Turkey was flatly rejected within hours by Ankara. It's like Patel all over again, throw out names of countries to send refugees to, only to find in short order that they don't want anything to do with it. Might be worth asking them first...

The Turkish minister didn't mince his words and encouraged the UK to meet its international obligations.

WWW.AA.COM.TR

‘It is out of question for Türkiye to shoulder more burden or to be part of initiative, at third countries' request,’ says Foreign Ministry spokesperson -...

Turkey has long been using migrants as a political weapon and thinking they would weaken that weaponisation for a promise of a few quid .. and that from a whelcher is utterly deluded.

The Tory Legacy

Right wing media has started hostile coverage on Mordaunt.  WIll leave it people to check the front line pages and journalist columns in the Daily Mail etc.   Don't want to repeat they allegations that they are making. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Finally, years later, Carole Cadwalladr is starting to be recognised for her work on Russian influence in British politics.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The ties between the PM and an ex-KGB officer, first revealed in the Observer three years ago, could be Johnson’s lasting legacy

Not that I'm supporting mordaunt, but that she had a complex opinion on self-gender definition seems a 'not issue' to me.

Anyone who doesn't have a complex opiion either doesn't understand what they are talking about, or has a very single minded/biased perspective.

I'm more concerned that her 'green jobs' and 'self-funded' tax cuts seem rather money tree/fantasy land stuff.

The Tory Legacy

Serious commentators are saying that the 'self-funded' tax cuts is a bit of a myth. It seems to me that all the campaigns are promising cuts that haven't been properly researched in terms of the numbers, so it's just fantasy land.

• I agree 1

To claim Kemi is a climate science denier

is just plain wrong 

She merely has the political nous to realise that net zero is an ideology that the majority of people in the country cannot afford

Meanwhile the Germans would give their eye teeth for our oil and shale reserves 

as they migrate back to coal

Superb Angela wasn’t she?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

16 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

is just plain wrong 

She merely has the political nous to realise that net zero is an ideology that the majority of people in the country cannot afford

as they migrate back to coal

Superb Angela wasn’t she?

Shame she doesn't realise that carrying on with the causes of the climate crisis and rampant boom and bust drought/flood scenarios make saving a few quid rather pointless

- let alone that a green wind/tidal/solar/hydrogen economy would be a growing economy which is both fiscally sensible and existentially essential

- but that aint a dog whistle soundbite is it

How about: less hot air and methane from politicians, and more green hydrogen rebuilding the UK economy

still too many words eh ..

anyway

Kemi Badenoch has consistently voted against measures to tackle climate change, according to her voting record on TheyWorkforYou.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Alternatively

23 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

is just plain wrong 

No it isnt. Look at her voting record

aka She hasn't the existential or longer term fiscal nous to realise we cant afford the climate change disasters driven by fossil fuel burning - or the cost to the people in every way of continuing

and I'll bet they wouldn't be gifting it away to pals to sell it abroad and shift the profits abroad to anything like the extent that 'our' politicians from both major parties have

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

just a little point on inflation given the fantasy money tree (lack of) fiscal sense of the populists (Truss and badenough)

.. as well as food and fuel whos increased costs we are laready seeing

... anyone who signed up to an internet or phone package deal which allows the supplier to increase cost of package by cpi + xx.x is looking at a double digit % increase in their tied in package prices - and no free leaving allowed. 

CPI (breached 9% already)

WWW.ECONOMY.COM

CPI inflation was 9.1% year over year in May, from 9.0% in April, slightly below our forecast of 9.2%. Food and nonalcoholic beverages made the...

And PPI - largely defining the way CPI is going .. and the only way is UP .. baby, for you and me now

WWW.ECONOMY.COM

Producer Price Index (PPI) for United Kingdom from U.K. Office for National Statistics (ONS) for the Producer Price Index release. This page provides...

Poopulists can click on the links and see pictures ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The IMF has warned that the economic plans are fantasy land.

In other news, the debate last night went so well that Sunak and Truss have pulled out of the Channel4 debate tonight and it's been cancelled. Tories ripping chunks out of each other isn't a good look but they were happy to do it yesterday.

• Thanks 1

Sky leaders debate cancelled as Sunak and Truss pull out.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Sky News was due to host another showdown tomorrow night before MPs select the pair of contenders who will go forward to a head-to-head ballot...

Not that theres anything but lies and infighting, but Wasn't this supposed to be the debate where Climate was raised too?

Demonstrating Johnsonesque leadership - avoid the issues and hide in a fridge ...

So how come those who pull chicken out of the debates (especially when it seems largely due to their own teams dirty tactics plus undoubtedly having no answers to the questions - aren't disqualified?

The Tory Legacy

It would be viewed as completely unprofessional in any other line of work, TJ.

Changing the subject, I can't find the tweet atm but Bozo said when he was on the jolly in RAF Coningsby in a Typhoon that he 'hauled back on the stick and we did a loop the loop'. Oh please.

I know experienced private pilots and commercial pilots who have done hours of training and nobody would be able to take the controls of even a basic aircraft to do anything other than fly straight and level for a short time. Aerobatics in a jet fighter for a novice is just ridiculous.

But I'm sure he's enjoying playtime . Farnborough today while the Cobra meeting happened.

ETA: Link added.

https://twitter.com/tamcohen/status/1548942946275397632

Latest

Mordaunt: I was right when I said Turkey was joining the EU and we could do nothing to stop them

Truss: borrow borrow borrow. Buy some votes then talk doodoo until I leave the debt when I'm the next one deposed

Sunack: I know how to get our pals out of the mess I got us into by being me. I'll just be me and tax the plebs to and inch or two beyond their lives.

Badenough: Truss is a liar. What I'm saying at the moment is really true honest, this time really.

Tudendhat: I will make the best of Brexit opportunities, whatever it costs you plebs

Interesting that none put their hands up when asked if they'd have Johnson in their cabinet ... they didn't say they wouoldn't though despite ALL except tudendhat defending him on the first debate

The Tory Legacy