Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

Yep, Truss appears to be the choice of the Johnsonites - Johnson with his (small) brains kicked out perhaps.

Sunack is trying to sell himself as the traditional thatcherite choice - Nope - hes hard right and would probably make even thatcher wince before giving him a righteous handbagging for even suggesting he was. (not that he would have dared step out of line with thatcher)

Mordaunt is nearer thatcherism than sunak and could possibly be considered a 'moderate tory' .. at least in comparison to the rest. Yep thatcherism can be considered rather moderate nowadays

.. although we need to consider that old Tory 'standards' (as in 'flag bearers' not ethical standards) simply dont apply anymore - and neither do ethical/moral standards with what used to be the Tories

Who would the majority of the ERG support? - probably Truss as a thick prat who could probably be pushed wherever needed. wanted.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

re the no confidence motion

Starmers was no confidence 'while Johnson in office' with intent to force Johnson out

Johnsons will likely be a no confidence motion more likely to be worded to result in an election - which the tories wont want

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Farmers need to work harder to recruit people from towns and cities. And before they look for workers they need to build accommodation and arrange transport etc.  I have talked to quite a few people living in towns who want to work on farms, but they cannot get to rural locations. Most want to return to family homes at the end of each day, so would also need transport back. And for those willing to stay on farms they would need decent accommodation.

And economically rate of pay needs to be more than what they could earn in say local warehouses etc.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Laudable ideas, UB.

But do struggling farmers have the money to be able to do this? I'd have thought it would be in the government's interest to help, so that the UK can produce more of its own food. In the current climate with shortages happening thanks to Russian/Ukraine, it would make sense.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Farmers, NFU and government working together can solve this in most areas.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Have you seen any initiatives on it, UB? Maybe Jobcentres could be involved in some way.

But anything that costs farmers extra is going to increase prices and I don't know if people are going to be willing to pay for that in a cost of living crisis.

55 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Have you seen any initiatives on it, UB?

Other than the laughable get some fresh air while you work for below minimum wage (with travel costs etc taken into account) adverts - nope

Lets not forget that pretty much the entire UK farming industry has been built on 40 years of cheap, reliable migrant EU labour ..

.. destroyed by a few liars with deep pockets and zero morality or honesty

... and apparently voted for wholesale by those farmers who are now whining they need taxpayer money to survive

...... rather like fisherman who haven't shifted their catches to EU ports

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

Truss:

"already been promoted well beyond her talents as foreign secretary" - John crace

So true, but so was Johnson - very very visibly and obviously  - but he still ended up PM

So, anyone know how the Tories intend to survive a winter of discontent without making an even bigger more unsustainable debt mountain even without stagflation and collapsing pound?

- debt paid for mainly in dollars - so collapsing pound makes that worse

.. or labour for that matter?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Something a bit more detailed than the current tory:

we will give more by spending less and reducing our tax increases a bit for the plebs (far less than we've added) to help a tiny tiny tiny tiny bit with the massive cost of living increases and further rampant cost increases while reducing the existing insufficient support

... while reducing Taxes and increasing support massively for our pals

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So ssssunack and trusssss turned on PM4PM (brainless brex-sit voters will love that soundbite) ..

- desperation given the Tory party polls putting PM4PM well ahead with the party members

Lets hope she carefully lets rip with insider stuff

Lets hope she wins even if just to see Sunak naff off back to America, and trussss fade into the insignificance she is.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The candidates on channel 4:

Truss - low tax for 'businesses' and reducing the laws requiring companies to be financially secure - even less than bulb .. fwee market without rules - profit and run material. If its good enough for trumps America thats for us.

Mordaunt - financially clueless and happy to lie about her trans stances among other things

Sunak - Financially knowledgeable but a total lying Piers Morgan

tugendhat - most honest in what he believes and reporting what he's done. Only one that would clearly and simply say Johnson was dishonest and the number of things others claim but he was the only one to vote as he says his beliefs are.

Badenoch - surprisingly (to me) straightish seeming. Not like tugendhat - but far better than the populist ****. Maybe shes just a good waffler and been less in sight.

The Tory Legacy

On 15/07/2022 at 06:31, unclebulgaria67 said:

Farmers need to work harder to recruit people from towns and cities. And before they look for workers they need to build accommodation and arrange transport etc.  I have talked to quite a few people living in towns who want to work on farms, but they cannot get to rural locations. Most want to return to family homes at the end of each day, so would also need transport back. And for those willing to stay on farms they would need decent accommodation.

And economically rate of pay needs to be more than what they could earn in say local warehouses etc.

The last thing farmers want is people from towns and cities with some sort of rural fantasy 

Farms are highly skilled dangerous environments 

I would not be letting an unskilled townie anywhere near today’s machinery 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

For me Kemi every time 

She would wipe the floor with the boring Starmer

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

18 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

The last thing farmers want is people from towns and cities with some sort of rural fantasy 

Farms are highly skilled dangerous environments 

I would not be letting an unskilled townie anywhere near today’s machinery 

Fruit and veg pickers don't operate machinery though, do they?

@theoldrouge

The people I have spoken to about farm jobs, are often experienced farmhands, who have gone to live in towns and cities due to availability of affordable housing. Often because they have met a partner, had a child and needing to have suitable housing.  They then make do with a Supermarket or Warehouse job, but want to go back to farming, but now live too far away to make it economical to go back.

Farmers and Government (local/national) need to help ensure there is sufficient supply of housing in rural areas.  This would also provide accomodation to unskilled seasonal workers.

• Like 1

So much for staying on to run the country and do the job until a replacement is found

Boris Johnson skips emergency heatwave meeting

‘to host party’

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

It comes as England faces national emergency over extreme heat

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

This is why some high profile people didn't want him to stay on.for a couple of months.

After having said he'll stand back, now he's issuing instructions to the leadership hopefuls about what they need to do if they're elected.

they should listen ... and we'll be here again in 6 months

Who TF with an ounce of sense would listen to a liar who got himself licked out by his own party, one that shot himself in the foot so many times he ran out of toes

The Tory Legacy

3 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

For me Kemi every time 

She would wipe the floor with the boring Starmer

Like Johnson?

Climate science denier who tries to label it all 'woke' isnt she, and a great supporter of (diminishing world destroying) fossil fuels (of all types including fracking and shale) isnt she?

She avoided all that well, and many in the popu party party would cheer her for it anyway.

She came over quite well in the debate, but looking into the detail is ominous.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

3 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Fruit and veg pickers don't operate machinery though, do they?

You would be surprised at how little is harvested by hand except on very small holdings nowadays 

And such as daffodil pickers can earn £1600 per week but for a very short season So no one is going to employ them on a full time basis 

3 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

@theoldrouge

The people I have spoken to about farm jobs, are often experienced farmhands, who have gone to live in towns and cities due to availability of affordable housing. Often because they have met a partner, had a child and needing to have suitable housing.  They then make do with a Supermarket or Warehouse job, but want to go back to farming, but now live too far away to make it economical to go back.

Farmers and Government (local/national) need to help ensure there is sufficient supply of housing in rural areas.  This would also provide accomodation to unskilled seasonal workers.

Because the affordable housing has all been bought by people escaping from cities  who then expect the countryside to be turned into some kind of mud free /smell free Disneyland 

50 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Like Johnson?

Climate science denier who tries to label it all 'woke' isnt she, and a great supporter of (diminishing world destroying) fossil fuels (of all types including fracking and shale) isnt she?

She avoided all that well, and many in the popu party party would cheer her for it anyway.

She came over quite well in the debate, but looking into the detail is ominous.

She’s exceptionally bright and quick thinking 

Funny also on the betting exchanges with all that’s gone on, the Cons are long odds on to be the largest party at the next GE doesn’t say much for the dullard does it?