VCS 2*windscreen PCN's Claimform - Monty Hind Car Park Nottingham NG7 2LX, Leengate Staff and Visitor Car Park Nottingham NG72LX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, I remember you posted it up in your first post.

But before starting actual court action they are supposed to send you a letter headed Letter Before Claim or Letter Before Action.  Did one of these turn up?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

1 hour ago, ats101 said:

To be absolutely honest, I don't really have a defence as I parked there and had no intention of paying. 

you do.

get our PPC version of CPR 31:14 running

get AOS done.

defence due by 4pm 5th feb - day 33.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did they send a letter Before claim with a pack as they have to or was that single page from DCBL all you have had for sure, if you didn't have the correct format of LBC or LBA, they have been naughty again.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

No 

our ppc Cpr does that

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Doing some forward thinking,

If I submit a defence, it means that I will have to defend myself in court. 

The issue I have is that I work in the Isle of man and I'm on the front line in healthcare here. It would be very difficult to come to mainland UK, travel back to IOM and have to isolate for 14 days. 

Can I get a waiver?

Also there is no address for the solicitor. Who should I address the PPC to?

work it through for now the hearing will most probably be by phone anyway.

have you found the PPC CPR? send it to simple simon excel then...

done AOS?

and they

At the moment court hearings are virtual, so if the matter gets to court during COVID the hearing will be done by phone, Zoom, etc., with no physical travelling involved.

I've been joining the dots, and see these two invoices are the ones that DCBL wrote to you about.  It's of secondary importance at the moment, but what about the other two?  Is one of the others the one you paid?  And the fourth one?

Anyway, you talk about if you should pay or not.  As a campaigning consumer website we'd prefer it if you fought it!  In any case, when someone prefers to give in it makes sense to give in when the PPC want 2 x £60, not when they want 2 x £100 or even worse when they make up fictitious fees and demand 2 x £160.  The difference in monies between paying now, and paying after losing in court, is very small, so it makes sense to fight it.

VCS are eminently beatable, if you look at threads near yours you'll see that Slaughter64 yesterday gave Simon a hammering in court.  I hope Slaughter64 doesn't mind me mentioning that he/she was initially very reluctant to deal with court, but later built up a cracking case to thrash VCS.

As dx says, get the AOS and CPR request done.

So we can build up an idea of how to fight VCS, can you give us two brief descriptions of what went on in the two car parks and what VCS are claiming you did wrong.

So this was a private car park on/near hospital grounds. I parked there without purchasing a pay and display ticket. Therefore, when I returned to my car after work, there was a PCN on the window. 

VCN want to do me because I didn't purchase a ticket and parked in a space governed by them. 

The fleecers have quoted two different car parks, but with the same post code, and from a web search there are articles in the local rag about building a new car park near "Monty Hide" and "Leengate".  So is it the same car park twice?

If they are suing for the wrong car park it might come back and bite them/

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

1 hour ago, ats101 said:

VCN want to do me because I didn't purchase a ticket and parked in a space governed by them. 

who says?

dx

and they

No...as for what it means you would be stating that the UK Courts do not have the right to hear/deal with the claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I cannot remember or tell from the photos. I will have a look on g maps.

I cant say for sure, but I think it maybe the same car park twice

Ok so next, I will complete the CPR and send it to VCS for the attention of name simon's solicitor.

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS 2*windscreen PCN's Claimform - Monty Hind Car Park Nottingham NG7 2LX, Leengate Staff and Visitor Car Park Nottingham NG72LX

1) Excel Parking - 19/12/2016, XLxxxx9844, £100

2) VCS -  21/04/2017, VCSxxx4562, £100 - Matching

3) VCS - 26/04/2017, VCSxxx4950, £100

4) VCS - 27/04/2017, VCSxxx6161, £100 - Matching 

I have put matching as these corresponds to BW legal invoices I last received.

BW appear to have sent the OP 2 PAPLOC's they appear to have been ignored despite us saying don't ignore a letter of claim.

they are for the same carpark.

atleast one was a windscreen ticket which the OP stated they had seen earlier.

and they

i was guessing that as DCBL had already chased, and you say BW sent invoices these were letters of claim with a reply pack?

it's very unusual for simple simon to slip up on not issuing PAPLOC's.

i bet these are PAPLOC's.

dx

and they

On 07/01/2021 at 22:21, ats101 said:

Doing some forward thinking

In this vein, we need to start picking holes in VCS's claim.

Normally we would say to return to the car park and take photos of the signs.  Yesterday I saw one of Simple Simon's signs where the £100 charge was written in electron-microscope readable writing right at the bottom of a huge list of information.  We had a case during the week where Simon had put up signs from two different companies of his.

But you can't take photos in Nottingham if you're in the IOM!

Do you know anyone in the area who could take photos of the signage in the car park(s)?

Edited by FTMDave
Usual typo!

dx100uk: 

I can assure you that I haven't received a pack. 1st set of letters received were two speculative invoices. On the front of these were the offence details and references, on the reverse was payment information. One a4 letter in one envelope and another a4 letter in the other envelope - no pack.

This follows the same format for the second set of letters - no pack as such. 

Dave: This would not be possible at the moment. 

I'm pretty sure it's one car park, not two.  From the local rag

A potential site has been identified off Leen Gate, next to the River Leen, Lenton, on the opposite side of the road to the Monty Hind Boys' Club.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/potential-site-identified-multi-storey-4462706

• Like 1