Amazon refusing to refund me my money back.Suing RM?

Sammy000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some help please.

bought an item through Amazon but had to send it back to the seller based in India because it didn’t resemble what the pictures in the advertisement did.

used Royal Mail’s service to send it back

after a few months of waiting for my money back,

contacted Amazon and they said that the seller said they hadn’t received the item back

was advised to contact Royal Mail and make a missing item claim with them and so I did.

Royal Mail then sent me a letter saying that the item was delivered to the seller

re-contacted Amazon and they asked me to send them a picture of the letter, they said that I was going to get my money back without two weeks

received nothing

after a few more months of waiting, contacted again, said that my latest claim was withdrawn by myself when I didn’t do so.

I had to make a new claim with Amazon, sent me an email, they had already looked into it and won’t help me with it anymore.

nobody wants to take responsibility because Amazon doesn’t want to help me or give me my money back because their seller told them that the item wasn’t received

Royal Mail doesn’t want to help me or give me my money back because they said that the item was delivered.

I’m still missing my money.

Could you guys please help me with this matter?

do a chargeback to your bank.

next time don't fall for the biggest racket on amazon, never send anything back until you have your money.

there is no legal need to even send anything back .. quote them the consumer rights act, they soon fall over .

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no third part harmony!!

just that you want them to invoke a chargeback on the payment to amazon on date xxx.

as the item was not as described and all parties to date have refused to refund despite you returning the goods

the rest is not applicable.

let them investigate and find out the rest if they are that bothered by doing the chargeback.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you don't need too.

not their problem

they should action your chargeback regardless.

don't go there!!

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys. I’d like to know if I’ll be able to sue Royal Mail for emotional distress.

I had bought an item through Amazon but I didn’t like it.

sent the item back to the seller using RM’s service but it wasn’t delivered to the recipient

sent RM an email about it.

RM replied back with an email by advising me to make a lost item claim I made a lost item claim with them.

A few weeks later, they sent me a letter by stating that they investigated the case and that their investigation found out that the item was delivered to the recipient

re-contacted Amazon who, after their investigation, told me that the item wasn’t delivered I sent RM another email.

replied back by saying that the item wasn’t actually delivered but they couldn’t do anything about it because 6 months were already passed since the day I had posted the parcel.

wrote them another email, in which I explained them about my previous lost item claim and about their previous investigation, which both had taken place within 6 months of the day I had posted the item. They replied back by saying that they were going to send me a cheque in compensation.

for some reason, I couldn’t reply back to that email

wrote them another email from their website, in which I asked how much compensation I was going to receive.

When they replied back to me, for some strange reason,

they didn’t write anything in the email but they just attached the latest email I had sent them through their website.

I don’t know how much compensation I’ll receive and I really think that they didn’t write anything in the email on purpose.

This has been going on for 6-7 months now and I really had enough now.

This has caused me and my mother emotional distress.

Do you know if I’ll be able to sue RM in this case?

If yes, Do you know how much could I receive?

Or do you know where I could get more info?

You can sue for your actual losses - be prepared to quantify and justify that valuation.

You can sue for 'emotional distress' if you can show you have a diagnosed psychiatric disorder as a result

(so, diagnosed by a healthcare professional, not just 'it has made me feel stressed').

Ah right okay, thanks.

If I sue for the actual financial lose, will I receive the amount lost or a different sum?

And like what about the fact that they said something untrue when I made the lost item claim?

Yes. I blamed Amazon because Royal Mail had sent me the letter saying that the item was delivered when it wasn’t. When I asked Royal Mail about the signature of the recipient, they said it wasn’t delivered so it’s not my fault.

• AndyOrch changed the title to Amazon refusing to refund me my money back.Suing RM?

Topics merged......please keep to one topic per same issue.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

What is this item and what was its value? Nobody seems to have asked that question yet.

I don't suppose you have any evidence of the conversations you have with Amazon – have you? Assuming you were doing it on the telephone

9 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

What is this item and what was its value? Nobody seems to have asked that question yet.

I don't suppose you have any evidence of the conversations you have with Amazon – have you? Assuming you were doing it on the telephone

Enough value for me to wait 6-7 months. I have all the evidence from Amazon since I prefer to use their live chat service and the chats are still saved on the Amazon app.

Please let us know what the value is. It may affect the advice that we give you.

Just to get this clear at the outset - I know absolutely nothing about Amazon as I'm probably the only person in the world who has never been a customer of them.

However, I think I do know that if you are buying through Amazon "Marketplace" (is that what it's called?) from a third party (ie not Amazon themselves) then if you have any problems with your purchase, you have to follow the correct procedure to get a refund.  I think you are meant to raise a query/issue/complaint through Amazon A - Z (or at least I think it's called that or something like it).

OP - is that what you did?  I ask because you simply say you sent the item back to India for a refund.  Did you follow the correct Amazon Marketplace procedure?

What Royal Mail service did you use and were you asked for the value of the item?

Was the bank chargeback you were previously advised to make unsuccessful?

told you what to do in post 2 

did you not bother?

dx

and they

@BankFodder

Around £100.

@Manxman in exile

Yes, twice. I did the A to Z claim with Amazon twice and both times they failed. I didn’t ask for the chargeback since it wasn’t Amazon’s fault but RM’s.

@dx100uk

I emailed them again and they threatened me to put me in “collections”.

emailed who about what?

dx

and they

I think Sammy000 is confused.  They've forgotten about the chargeback advice in #2 and their reference to "collections" is, I think, a reference to a further reply from RM.

Sammy - RM originally told you the parcel had been delivered, but they later agreed that it had NOT been delivered.  Correct?

Then:  "They replied back by saying that they were going to send me a cheque in compensation.  [Good]

for some reason, I couldn’t reply back to that email 

wrote them another email from their website, in which I asked how much compensation I was going to receive.

When they replied back to me, for some strange reason,

they didn’t write anything in the email but they just attached the latest email I had sent them through their website.  [Obviously something has gone wrong.  Didn't you think to go back to them to ask again?]

I don’t know how much compensation I’ll receive and I really think that they didn’t write anything in the email on purpose.  [Why would they do that?]

This has been going on for 6-7 months now and I really had enough now".  [It's dragged on because you've allowed it to]

Before you start thinking about suing them for anything (let alone emotional distress!!!) just contact them again with copies of all the relevant documents/emails (eg RM first saying it had been delivered; RM then saying it hadn't been delivered; RM apologising for their error and offering compensation etc etc).  Explain to them they have not paid the compensation they promised and ask them to do so.  If this doesn't get you anywhere make a formal complaint.  Then if you still don't have the money consider suing them*.  And yes - check the amount of compensation and the basis it's calculated on. 

Depending what RM service you used and what value you declared, you may be disappointed at the amount of compensation.  I suppose you exhausted the Amazon remedies and it may be to late to attempt a chargeback.

*But don't even think of suing them for "distress"!

do a chargeback to your bank for the org amazon order sum.

let amazon and rm argue it out. not your problem then.

involving the world and their mate in trying to sort out something that under YOUR consumer rights act you are entitled to demand a refund for within 14 days no quibble, is always pointless.

when ordering online you have 14 days to return it because you can't thus inspect the item like in a shop to see if it meets your requirement is under CRA.

if the item in someway is not as described or faulty from an online store gives you an extended period to 30days for a full refund no quibble.

the fact you followed incorrect advice that you had to return the item before you got your moneyback and that RM lost the return is not your problem.

bank chargeback.

dx

and they