• Tweets

• Daft question - but you filed the defence on-line on MCOL as dx indicated, right?
    • We looked up the e-mail address so communications would be in writing.  If you do stuff on the phone the other party can just deny the contents of the conversation.  They can't deny what's written in an e-mail. So time to sort Pete out.  Check the following for accuracy and change anything I've got wrong.  Then e-mail Pete this evening.  I was thinking of threatening the pub with legal action but let's initially be nice.   Dear Pete, Re: PCN no.XXXXX, claim form no.XXXXX on 23 July 2022 I was a customer at your pub and I attach proof of purchase. I was picking up my cousin Ms XXXXX and her family as she was working as a cook with you at the time.  I entered the pub through the back door, went to the bar, and ordered a drink and a meal.  At no point did any bar staff alert me that I needed to add my registration number or did I see any signs advising me to do so.  I then took a seat outside in a small seated area so I could chat to my cousin while waiting for her to finish work.  We were joined by the management of the pub and bar staff during my time waiting  I was shocked a few days later when I received a demand for £100 from Civil Enforcement Ltd.  i contacted the pub and was told "don't worry, it's not enforceable". Well, that information turned out to be nonsense because I have now received a county court claim form from CEL. I contacted the pub again on XXXXX and was extremely disappointed to be told "there's nothing we can do". Of course there is something you can do.  You are the organ grinder.  You called CEL in.  You can call your dogs off.  Your pub has absolutely superb reviews on Google Maps regarding the way in which you treat guests.  Do you really think customers should be dragged to court?  I'm sure you don't. I am therefore requesting that you intervene and instruct CEL to cease court action. Yours, XXXXX
    • Thank you - Defence has now been filed Doc_20240501_182920_Redacted.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

on a similar side note

I understand its been leaked that a secret society cloned Jacinda Ardern and sped up the growth of the clone for her to take over the leadership of the UK in a moral honest way

. YAYYYYYY

but the society was infiltrated and the clone was sent to Eton

- and we ended up with Doris

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Doctors have raised “serious concerns” about the autumn rollout of Covid boosters as GPs warn a cut in government funding means many can no longer afford to offer jabs.

The UK Health Security Agency announced it will offer a new Omicron-specific jab, by Moderna, to over-50s, as part of its latest vaccination programme due to start in September. But leaders of major GP practices have told The Independent that reduced funding at a time of rising costs and staff shortages makes the jab “unviable”.

The British Medical Association (BMA) has said it has “serious concerns” about how a drop in GPs offering jabs would affect the vaccination programme and called for the funding to be increased.

The contract for GPs to deliver vaccines this autumn has been cut from £12.58 per dose to £10.06, while a £10 supplement for them to give jabs in care homes and to other vulnerable groups has also been cut.

- Inde link embedded in headline

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Far from over : Here we are, middle of a VERY hot dry summer, yet:

The Tory Legacy

That's very sad about cutting payment for offering vaccines and doesn't say a lot fo HMG's priorities. I hope this is more of a negotiating tactic and that an arrangement can be reached. I wonder if pharmacies could take up some of the slack, but maybe they won't take well to having the payment cut.

Illegitimi non carborundum

https://london-post.co.uk/leading-cardiologist-calls-for-end-to-covid-vaccine-mandates/

Didn’t see the quoted interview myself 

But it would seem that there is an uncomfortable relationship between the UK  Vaccine Regulators and the pharmaceutical companies 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

It's no surprise that this is from GB News. AFAIK none of the doctors is a virologist, you have an oncologist who signed the Great Barrington Declaration, a cardiologist, a chair of a medical committee and another cardiologist.

Clearly I'm no expert, I don't know If our @BazzaS is around to give us a more informed opinion.

Illegitimi non carborundum

That interview as quoted is simply full of crap.

Trying to tie reduction in uptake of MMR to covid vaccines

- despite those refusing the MMR increasing before covid was ever heard of

Deliberate misrepresentation, and simple horseshit used in 'statistical claims there

- either deliberately - or by someone utterly clueless on basic stats

Largely what you should expect from far right nut news

So @theoldrouge

You haven't explained to us yet why anti-vaxers are largely also climate science deniers and also tend to hold to many of the 'conspiracy-nut-sphere' crazyness

Yours sssinssserely

Sol system Lizard Uberlord Draxx (currently shape shifted into a TobyJugg)

happy to discuss the real issues sensibly with someone who shows some sense

many of which have already been raised here

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Difficult as the issues around mandates are, some real stuff to 'balance' @theoldrouge and his three guys and a dog coaxed in with a treat report

WWW.BMA.ORG.UK

Our response to the Government's announcement that all healthcare staff in England must be fully vaccinated by April 2022.

and if you read this, read it too the end

A century-old vaccine offers new hope

The Bacillus-Calmette-Guerin vaccine against tuberculosis, developed in the early 1900s, seems to train the immune system to respond to infectious diseases, including viruses, bacteria and parasites. As new threats like monkeypox and polio re-emerge and the coronavirus continues to evolve, it has gained renewed interest among scientists.

The results of clinical trials on the vaccine conducted during the pandemic are coming in, and the findings, while mixed, are encouraging. One such trial of 144 participants found that people with Type 1 diabetes who had received several B.C.G. injections were far less likely to develop Covid-19 compared with those who had received dummy shots.

Although the trial was relatively small, “the results are as dramatic as for the Moderna and Pfizer mRNA vaccines,” said Dr. Denise Faustman, the study’s lead author. Participants generally experienced fewer bouts of illness, she added. The vaccine “seems to be resetting the immune response of the host to be more alert, to be more primed, not as sluggish.”

Caution: Other trials have had more disappointing results. A Dutch study of 1,500 health care workers who were vaccinated with B.C.G. found no reduction in Covid infections, and a South African study of 1,000 health care workers found no effect from B.C.G. on Covid incidence or severity.

-NYT

The Tory Legacy

53 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

That interview as quoted is simply full of crap.

Trying to tie reduction in uptake of MMR to covid vaccines

- despite those refusing the MMR increasing before covid was ever heard of

Deliberate misrepresentation, and simple horseshit used in 'statistical claims there

- either deliberately - or by someone utterly clueless on basic stats

Largely what you should expect from far right nut news

So @theoldrouge

You haven't explained to us yet why anti-vaxers are largely also climate science deniers and also tend to hold to many of the 'conspiracy-nut-sphere' crazyness

Yours sssinssserely

Sol system Lizard Uberlord Draxx (currently shape shifted into a TobyJugg)

happy to discuss the real issues sensibly with someone who shows some sense

many of which have already been raised here

As I never have been an anti vaxer, I have never looked into your theory on the matter 

Though having said that, it’s interesting that you refer to a leading cardiologist as full of horseshit and crap

I was rather more hoping that there may have been a considered reply as to why and for what reason, pharmaceutical companies are funding 86% of the UK Vaccine Regulator

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

2 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

Though having said that, it’s interesting that you refer to a leading cardiologist as full of horseshit and crap

I also thought the nobel prize winning quantum tunneling guy was full of crap with his opinions on climate change which also flew in the face of the statements and belief of the vast majority of scientists and Nobel prize winners

- like your referred 'pal - except he isnt a Nobel prize winner ..

2 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

I was rather more hoping that there may have been a considered reply as to why and for what reason,

Whats wrong with the BMA link I posted as a reasoned response?

Want me to comment on you guys statement that vaccination doesn't prevent an infected person shedding virus?

- Antone with a clue expected that to be the case even before it was proven loooong ago - there was never any reason to think that wasn't going to be the case, and should always have been the default until proven otherwise.

More importantly - that IS NOT an excuse to not get vaccinated - its a REASON to require masks to be worn

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Joke for you

Quantum Tunneling - making something out of maybe something, maybe nothing, maybe something ...

The Tory Legacy

16 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

I also thought the nobel prize winning quantum tunneling guy was full of crap with his opinions on climate change which also flew in the face of the statements and belief of the vast majority of scientists and Nobel prize winners

- like your referred 'pal - except he isnt a Nobel prize winner ..

Whats wrong with the BMA link I posted as a reasoned response?

Want me to comment on you guys statement that vaccination doesn't prevent an infected person shedding virus?

- Antone with a clue expected that to be the case even before it was proven loooong ago - there was never any reason to think that wasn't going to be the case, and should always have been the default until proven otherwise.

More importantly - that IS NOT an excuse to not get vaccinated - its a REASON to require masks to be worn

As usual you have deliberately completely missed the point 

I was merely interested in the relationship between the pharmaceutical companies and the vaccine regulator, as I made quite plain

Considering your relentless pursuit of corruption I wrongly imagined that you may have a view on this matter 

Thank you @honeybee13 for the answer I was looking for 😀

1 hour ago, theoldrouge said:

As usual you have deliberately completely missed the point 

I was merely interested in the relationship between the pharmaceutical companies and the vaccine regulator, as I made quite plain

Considering your relentless pursuit of corruption I wrongly imagined that you may have a view on this matter 

Thank you @honeybee13 for the answer I was looking for 😀

No, you weren't if thats what you intended, then perhaps you should stick to the point

I referred to you 'points' precisely - with a response - quite clearly as can be seen.

I was simply pointing out that your guys entirely missed the points and made points that simply don't wash.

and it is very common for industries to have to fund the regulator or arbitor - and that is right.

The independence or political influence on a 'regulator' is another matter entirely.

The Tory Legacy

5 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Google is your friend, TOR. :)

Yes it is indeed HB

Seems there may be more to this than at first meets the eye

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635/rr-80

Must spend more time with my new friend 😀

Rather a lot of strange going’s on at the moment 

AZ vaccine disappeared without trace

Coroners signing death certificates giving the AZ vaccine as the cause of death 

The Government paying widows £120000 as compensation for loss of their husbands due to the AZ vaccine 

Over 7000 claims lodged for compensation for death and injuries caused 

Much to look into

It might annoy some but the data for multiple injected is not looking too positive. The excess deaths are from multiple causes many potentially linked to the NHS being changed into the NCS National Covid Service allowing many cancers and other illnesses to be undiagnosed as only treatment doctors seemed to be giving was Covid jabs.

• Sad 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Right wing nutterness coming out

So who was injected by a doctor?

I wasn't injected by a doctor in any of the jabs

My other half and our daughters and son in laws weren't injected by doctors (2 of them NHS staff)

That the NHS is drastically undefunded and has been focused on critical care including a lot of critical unvaccinated  covid patients has been detailed in stats here all along. Unvaccinated people were in the vast majority of severely affected hospitalised people.

This has changed somewhat with Omicron versions, where vaccinated hospitalisation outnumber vaccinated - but understand why rather than spouting nonesense.

That the NHS is in dire straights is beyond question - but due to Tory underfunding.

Pull your heads out of your asses

You should now better - well one of you at least

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Despite the bruskness in the face of what I see as stupidity or at least carelessness in strange beliefs ( I put real effort into my strange beliefs)

I'm assuming its not deliberate ...

I do like to be caught flat footed, and love to be surprised.

But put some bl**dy effort and care into it.

The Tory Legacy

I'll address the few half facts

O-A/Z shot themselves in the foot in two ways

1, Overstating effectiveness based on blatantly selecting bits of already small numbers of declared results (this is NOT hindsight - I called it at the time as can be seen here)

2. Jumping in with Johnson on his shaft the EU agenda and thereby getting shafted by India

Both of which destroyed the credibility of what should have been a rampant largely unqualified success story

and before some prat says 'the EU had it in for us' - remember that O-AZ was NEVER approved in the US

I'll at least pause there, as it seems facts have little to do with this

Prove me wrong ... please

addendum

Covid hospitalisations during this summer have actually been higher than summer last year - because of the variants.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

As o-AZ and Johnson have little/no credibility, anywhere - a little reminder from a French study referred from NZ

Similar examples have been linked here before .. and clearly ignored - so heres a picture with not many words

YELLOW - unvaccinated deaths

BLUE = vaccinated deaths

rprptygfuznkxuvw7bhc

Which, I will point out, equates to a roughly 10x more likelihood of death or severe illness in the unvaccinated in real world situations - even with mask mandates firmer than the UK's

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

For most people (fit and healthy under say 60), it does appear that getting Covid and then having natural immunity is probably better than vaccination ?

As for O-AZ, this may have provided limited protection against original Covid strains, but Covid has mutated many times since and I have not heard that O-AZ is being improved to protect against current Covid variants ? Other vaccines are now seen to be more effective and less risky ?

Most of us will know someone with long Covid and how much it has devastated their lives. One of my colleagues is now in a position where they may have to retire early on health grounds. There does not  seem to be any treatments available through NHS at the moment to improve their health. They cannot walk across a room without having breathing difficulties, requiring them to sit down to recover.

Which current vaccines offer best protection to most vulnerable ? 

Will there be better options than vaccine by injection ?  There was mention of nasal sprays that could be used by people when Covid levels were high, that would be more effective than wearing masks ?  Is this still being researched ? Use of nasal sprays can cause problems such as making  nose more sensitive e.g. increased sneezing, nose bleeds, so I wonder whether this might stop this option being made available.

Edited by unclebulgaria67
  • Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks