Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

18 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Well this is the debate in the months ahead.

Do we deal with Covid the same as Cold or Flu ?

If there are to be no Covid measures at all, then that could mean Doctors, Nurses, Care staff etc etc going to work with Covid and infecting vulnerable people.

I will keep testing if I ever feel that I might have Covid, as I would not want to infect anyone who might be vulnerable.

We are already seeing that split in shop staff, where some continue to wear masks but many dont despite coming into contact with hundreds of people a day

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Had a Trade Union update earlier.  Covid numbers are up about 46% compared to previous week

So at the moment, there are people working and catching Covid at work.

I wonder whether the Government are removing Covid legal requirements, as they know it is likely to continue spreading like wildfire and they don't want Government having any responsibilities. 

• Like 2
  • I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

7 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

I know I've already said it but I think masks should stay for now, especially as cases and hospitalisations are going up. A study came out recently that said mask-wearing in schools proved to keep case numbers down.

I'll still be wearing a mask when in shops ect, I wear one at work whenever I enter a commercial premises, I now regret for the 1st time last Wednesday not wearing one as I exited a Football Stadium, still don't know why I didn't.

• Like 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

info already linked here earlier, but now going out in various newsletters

Genetic risk factors for severe COVID

A host of genetic variants are linked to an increased risk of developing severe COVID-19. Understanding these variants could help researchers to target new therapies for people who are very ill. The functions of implicated genes suggest two potential pathways for developing severe COVID-19:

• Some people become severely ill after their immune systems initially fail to curb the virus’s reproduction
  • Others might be predisposed to lung inflammation or clotting, so even relatively low levels of the virus in the body could lead to dangerous illness.

Nature | 4 min read
Reference: Nature paper

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

A little reminder

Government to burn mountains of unusable Covid PPE at rate of 500 lorryloads a month

The government mistakenly purchased £8.7 billion of unusable medical equipment

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-unusable-ppe-burnt-fast-track-b2030820.html

The Tory Legacy

Day 12 LFT test showed negative, which was first negative, so will test again today.  Health now back to normal.  

It might be a blessing I got Covid when it was a milder version that was circulating, if it gives me any level of protection against other Covid variants that will come later.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

the newspaper reports are always .. conservative ... what a misnomer now eh?

The Tory Legacy

But heigh ho TJ hancock and Johnson's mates made a killing from it, obscene the wastage. Wonder what Javid's kickback is?   All deserve jail

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

While we get NI increases to allegedly pay for care and the NHS .. whereas it seems it will really be used to pay off the money given to pals for crappy PPE and the billions squandered by dido - all to the private sector pals

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

sellers claim it was delivered as ordered - not their fault if the order was wrong, and they did the UK a favour by selling them highly in demand useless stuff that wasn't fit for purpose at only a 50% markup in the highly competitive environment of the select VIP lane

The Tory Legacy

Second negative test today,  So back to normal from Monday.

• Like 1

Covid warning – Ministers have been accused of “turning off the headlights at the first sign of dawn” after scrapping nationwide Covid surveillance programmes, with scientists saying it will almost certainly end up costing more money in the long run. It comes as growing numbers of new infections in multiple countries led one expert to prompt speculation that Europe could be at the start of a sixth wave of Covid infections, partly driven by the “stealth” BA.2 Omicron variant. China’s government has responded to a sharp rise in coronavirus infections by shutting down Shenzhen, a huge city of 17.5 million people. It is two years since coronavirus hit the US, leaving nearly a million people dead. But as it counts the cost, is the country ready for another pandemic?

https://www.kanpai-japan.com/japan-lifestyle/winter-2022-omicron-6th-wave

links still not showing content

https://english.alarabiya.net/coronavirus/2022/03/14/China-reports-more-local-COVID-19-cases-this-year-than-in-whole-of-2021

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Links are only showing as clickable text without embedding content. I'm getting no options to choose between link and embed

Constantly getting uh ohs again - does no-one check those?

This site is a mess - no wonder people dont come - or at least dont come twice.

All that on top of background tasks that have by reasonable processor heating up due to hard work.

I have to shut down pages here to give processor a rest on the 30-40 other pages open. lappy just ticks over with all the rest once pages here shut down

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

They just worked for me TJ, went straight to the pages.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 2 weeks later...
NEWS.SKY.COM

The doctor later deleted his Facebook post and told Korean media that his remarks were "metaphorical".

Christina Pagel of Indie Sage has a new article in the Guardian on how things stand with covid at the moment. I think quite a few countries have dropped their guard too early.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

People are desperate to return to life as normal, but the rising number of infections is a reminder that this pandemic isn’t over, says Christina Pagel...

Illegitimi non carborundum

They have.

Scotland has been hit by the Omicron variant and shows signs of coming out of that .. a number of other countries including England seem to be yet to see that.

The question is, will it be nilder in warmer weather ..

Stats seem to be showing that at least 1 in 3 people testing positive aren't isolating.

All this means that with high transmission new variants are on the way.

The Tory Legacy

and as an aside - proper snowing here ..

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks