• Tweets

• I googled "prescribed disability" to see where it is defined for the purposes of S.92. I found HMRC's definition, which included deafness. I don't  think anyone is saying deaf people cant drive, though! digging deeper,  Is it that “prescribed disability” (for the purposes of S.88 and S.92) is defined at: The Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) Regulations 1999 WWW.LEGISLATION.GOV.UK These Regulations consolidate with amendments the Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) Regulations 1996...   ….. and sleep apnoea / increased daytime sleepiness is NOT included there directly as a condition but only becomes prescribed under “liability to sudden attacks of disabling giddiness or fainting” (but falling asleep isn't fainting!), so it isn’t defined there as a “prescribed disability”  Yet, under S.92(2)(b) RTA 1988 “ any other disability likely to cause the driving of a vehicle by him in pursuance of a licence to be a source of danger to the public" So (IMHO) sleep apnea / daytime sleepiness MIGHT be a prescribed disability, but only if it causes likelihood of "driving being a source of danger to the public" : which is where meeting / not meeting the medical standard of fitness to drive comes into play?  
    • You can counter a Judges's question on why you didn't respond by pointing out that any company that charges you with stopping at a zebra crossing is likely to be of a criminal mentality and so unlikely to cancel the PCN plus you didn't want to give away any knowledge you had at that time that could allow them to counteract your claim if it went to Court. There are many ways in which you can see off their stupid claim-you will see them in other threads  where our members have been caught by Met at other airports as well as Bristol.  Time and again they take motorists to Court for "NO Stopping" apparently completely forgetting that the have lost doing that because no stopping is prohibitory and cannot form a contract. Yet they keep on issuing PCNs because so many people just pay up . Crazy . You can see what chuckleheads they are when you read their Claim form which is pursuing you as the driver or the keeper. they don't seem to understand that on airport land because of the Bye laws, the keeper is never liable.   
    • The video-sharing app told the BBC that a "very limited" number of accounts had been compromised.View the full article
    • The King is the second monarch to appear on Bank of England notes which will be fed gradually into the system.View the full article
    • The King is the second monarch to appear on Bank of England notes which will be fed gradually into the system.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

USA seems to be mainly Pfizer, and J & J think they also have Moderna.

this was March in NY Times

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Two vaccines are in wide use, a third is getting there, and there may soon be more alternatives. Here is a rundown.

This was State of Virginia

https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/content/uploads/sites/191/2021/03/VDH-Vaccine-flyer-compare-vaccines.pdf

UK Gov MHRA JCVI have relied on the US data with no special investigation of their own apparently  MHRA is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, so is there a conflict of interest?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Literally a billion doses of the O/AZ out there, and not enough valid test info for US approval

- in fact the OA/Z data submitted made them flag it as 'examine this more closely

Even the EU's authorisation was muted and full of 'insufficient data statements

- although the EU hating fruitcakes will squeal 'thats because the eu hate us' - which more seems avoiding that accusation a likely reason that they authorised it

How the heck could any of that happen with an Oxford/UK vaccine?

well we know - but for Gods sake - talk about dragging reputations down to his level

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Solicitor Leslie Lawrenson, 58, died at his home in Bournemouth, Dorset, just nine days after releasing two videos to Facebook explaining why Covid-19...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Always is personal choice and I can understand why some people do not want to be vaccinated.

There are many younger people who believe that the risk outweighs the benefit. They think that getting Covid will most likely lead to fairly mild symptoms, whereas the vaccines can have side effects.

There is concern with some of the new vaccines, that we don't know whether they may cause problems in the years ahead e.g. to fertility.

Those who decide to not be vaccinated may have come to a considered choice taking into account all available information and are not just afraid to have an injection.

As someone middle aged, I decided to be vaccinated as the risk of covid causing serious illness or death was much higher.  

1 hour ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

There is concern with some of the new vaccines, that we don't know whether they may cause problems in the years ahead e.g. to fertility.

and there are people who spread that sh*t without qualifying it with 'there is absolutely no scientific evidence to support that opinion, and lorry loads to say there wont be

On the same basis, Theres no actual evidence that the actual, individual, specific next heinz bean you eat wont kill you or cause you fertility issues is there  - it might accidentally, or through some freak effect contain cyanide for example

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

or just stick in your throat

or have a birth control pill embedded in it ..

Considering going on a ban the bean march Unc?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

and if it had been an effective well managed effort ...

--- it still would have been grossly (10x) over any reasonable budget - but forgivable

but it wasn't and isn't

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Seems Germany is proposing pfiser boosters for those who had o/AZ due to the 'lower effectiveness of the O/az vaccine

The Tory Legacy

ICYMI, pranksters film Piers Corbyn appearing to accept £10k not to criticise A/Z vaccines.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The video, shared online, appears to show Piers Corbyn accept £10,000 in cash from someone he believes is an AstraZeneca...

And the long version if anyone wants to watch it, from the pair who made the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u34rnwBnll4

• Haha 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

LOL - just as corrupt as Johnson

Just imagine j Colrbyn in power can't you and appointing his brother to address the 'covid cold'

a billion from the NHS budget to address the 'covid cold' by bringing in migrants to chop down cell phone poles and converting them for wood burners ..

(which are terrible for the climate even without tar/whatever coated wood)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

You can see in realtime what Corbyn would have been like, look at Drakeford in Wales.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

LOL hardly

Still mandating masks in shops and transport isnt he ... nothing like Even Crazier Corbyn

.. or is that what you have issue with? in which case a Corbyn is perhaps still a poor simile

Evan Crazier Corbyn is the Welsh cousin isnt he ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Anyone else going on the 'ban the bean' march in London tomorrow ?

Would help towards the environment in terms of emissions :)

@tobyjugg2  My earlier post is simply saying that some people won't have vaccinations because they have come to a rational decision.    Not saying this is a choice they should make but I would not want Government to pass laws forcing people to have vaccinations. 

Would not rule out the possibility that if there were more serious  pandemics in the future that Governments would pass laws requiring vaccinations unless medically exempt.

No TJ its not the masks, it was the Non Essentials ban and the muppetry round baby items, childrens clothes etc. TESCO in cardiff went so far as to stop selling baby feeding equipment and baby formula as non essential, until  Drakeford was kicked and relented and eased up with a clarification.  You don't live in Wales so have no idea what  he is like.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Coronavirus levels in people with the Delta variant are similar regardless of whether they've been vaccinated - and it "may have implications for...

2 hours ago, brassnecked said:

No TJ its not the masks, it was the Non Essentials ban and the muppetry round baby items, childrens clothes etc. TESCO in cardiff went so far as to stop selling baby feeding equipment and baby formula as non essential, until  Drakeford was kicked and relented and eased up with a clarification.  You don't live in Wales so have no idea what  he is like.

I dont dispute some of his decisions seem bonkers .. just a different sort, and less dangerous sort of bonkers to the Corbyns

8 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Those who decide to not be vaccinated may have come to a considered choice taking into account all available information and are not just afraid to have an injection.

2 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

My earlier post is simply saying that some people won't have vaccinations because they have come to a rational decision.   

Yes, people may WELL come to that decision rationally,

BUT 

In what way is your unqualified example of vaccine produced fertility problems a result of a 'rational decision' taking into account all information?

- unless you are including entirely unsupported bonkers conspiracy theories as 'information' in the same breath as 'rational decision'

You (perhaps unintentionally) used 'fertility problems alongside 'rational'  in the vaccine decision making process, implying credibility as Piers corbyn and many conspiracy fruitcakes do - I do and will strongly challenge that.

Your jest about beans actually raises a valid and serious point I hadn't considered

8 billion humans farting more with perhaps a hundred million less cow farts in number (but generally more methane per fart)

We might need to take the same anti-methane treatment as the Cows until the crisis is passed.

- but banning shale and fracking seems a better place to start ..

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:
NEWS.SKY.COM

Coronavirus levels in people with the Delta variant are similar regardless of whether they've been vaccinated - and it "may have implications for...

we need to be careful to differentiate between virus levels in the blood, and high virus levels in the higher respiratory tract and sweat glands which increases transmission,

but rather concerning that the virus levels are not reduced, but symptoms/effects are? - that does seems strange to me but I'm no virologist

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

"PHE said that of confirmed Delta cases that had ended up hospitalised since July 19, 55.1% were unvaccinated,

while 34.9% had received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine."

..which vaccine is not stated

Indications are that B.1.621 is even worse

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I was just checking Uncs' link on info from PHE is regarding the same issues and variants that have already been highlighted by Israel and the US CDC

- it does seems to be

The CDC defined it as 'we need to acknowledge the war has changed' and say it is now possibly as infectious as chickenpox - and the changes back to strongly recommending mask wearing

oops reuters link added

WWW.REUTERS.COM

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has described the Delta variant of the coronavirus as being as transmissible as...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I don't hear the 'fat lady singing' on this Covid pandemic yet.

Yes the vaccines appear to be helping stop serious ill health in most people, but if the level of protection provided  starts to decline, with Governments removing safety measures, we may see an increase in hospitalisations in the Autumn/Winter period.

I can understand the Government wanting to provide some optimism about UK returning to life close to where it was in February 2020, but they need to make preparations for lockdowns as well as other measures being required without much notice.

The Tory Legacy

IMCCO there has not been anything even remotely close to the edge of the ballpark of considering that this Coronavirus epidemic was anywhere near to 'under control' let alone over

I can understand that Johnson wants it all to just go away but it wont

I can understand that Johnson just wants to lie and evade and he will

I can see that a lot more people are going to get really ill and die.

and johnson will no doubt carry on with 'how could anybody have foreseen that me giving money to mates for duff stuff and throwing safety measures out the window  would cause that ..

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks