Driving school review - Drive2us.com instructor threatening to sue me

purple_rain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I left a review for a driving school and they're threatening me with legal action based on the fact that it's defamatory.

I contacted the school owner regarding this and they said eventually they responded.

They said they'd email me the policy.

They haven't.

I said I was leaving a review in regards to my experience i.e. I think my instructor is unethical, I didn't feel comfortable and they were slow to respond to queries.

Happy to provide a link or copy the review and response in here.

He's since said I've withheld payment but was only made aware I owed them money a few hours ago.

He's left a response full of lies saying I was deliberately withholding money.

I have what he's said to me in text.

Can he really sue me?

Can I take this to the media to local newspapers to warn others?

• dx100uk changed the title to Driving school review - instructor threatening to sue me

If what you said in the review was true then it wasn't defamatory. Please will you link us to the review

Name and shame and we will add it to your thread title.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I will name and shame but I need to know the legal standing in terms of leaving a review. He's been texting me all day with insulting personal comments. Calling me a stroppy teenager.

I work, I care, I haven't verbally attacked him. Not sure why he thinks I'm a stroppy teenager. He had almost a month to respond with the information I asked for. I don't understand how companies can behave like this.

Edited by purple_rain

we have already said that as long as it's what you have posted is true then there is no defamation and there is no problem without posting it. I'm not sure there is more that we can say.

Please post a link to the review

I'm very sorry but it's not possible for anyone to know whether it is based on fact – other than yourself and anybody else who witnessed it which must mean the driving instructor.

If it is based on fact then it is true. If it's not true then clearly it's not based on fact and it is something else.

Please will you link us to the review – otherwise this thread is becoming senseless

• AndyOrch changed the title to Driving school review - Drive2us.com instructor threatening to sue me

??

why don't you post a link to YOUR complain directly

rather than 2 google searches that don't specify WHICH link we need to click??

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

4 hours ago, dx100uk said:

??

why don't you post a link to YOUR complain directly

rather than 2 google searches that don't specify WHICH link we need to click??

dx

It's the only place I have complained or written a review on. I have text messages from him but that's about it.

I left a review on google. I don't know how to link a specific review and I thought I had linked the review section. Like I said, I haven't reviewed him anywhere else. I only have irate text messages from him regarding these reviews. He said he's getting them removed. Not sure if he can. 

I don’t get it. So your complaint was about something the instructor told you about making another student pay for damage to his car in a lesson?  And you asked him to send the company policy that allowed him to do that and he didn’t? 

Do you know the other student (and if not do you know if it’s actually true that he made that student, or was it just something the instructor was saying)?

I’m not sure why you needed to take to google to complain, but putting that aside however bank fodder is spot on, if it’s true you have nothing to worry about. 

I asked the owner of the driving school for the policy after what the instructor told me because I didn't think it sounded right given that learner drivers have instructors there for a reason. 

The instructor should be in control of the vehicle but yes the instructor told me and none of what I said was a lie.

No I don't know the student but the instructor was adamant the student should have paid.

Primarily, I wanted to know if I could potentially in a similar position.

Maybe you don't feel I was within my right to leave a review but as far as I know this is what reviews are there for. 

Put it this way, if there was nothing wrong with making a student pay for damages why would the owner lie about it in his response or not want people to know. I didn't want to be held responsible for damage during a lesson, especially because I didn't think I would be.