Lowell Financial or Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

dodgy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a letter form lowell financial, acting on behalf of lowell portfolio 1, for an old ccard debt.

Can i sent the cca letter to lowell financial? As there address in on the letter, or will i need lowell portfolio 1's address.:confused:

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be inclined to not respond in view of the lack of an address, and

therefore unsure of which company to reply to, though I accept that it may

depend on the contents of the letter whether you think that is the best

option..

Do you know how old the debt is?

This is for an old barclay card debt (1997 ish), we were paying robinson way but the man stopped comming years ago. I don't know if was over 6years or not.

A company called lowell finance started to send demands for payment alleging they bought the debt (I have no conformation from barclays), I have no idea about the ammount owed (if any).

Lowell finance is acting on behalf of lowell portfolio 1 (who allege they own the debt).

this is there address on the letters :-

Lowell Financial

PO Box 172

LEEDS

LS11 9WS

I sent a CCA letter to this address, recorded delivery. Shall i send another to lowell portfolio 1 (can i use the one listed in company house?) This may make it harder to ignore.

Thanks for the reply

There are many members of the lowell family listed at company house, they all live here :-

ENTERPRISE HOUSE

1 APEX VIEW

LEEDS

LS11 9BH

must be getting a bit cramped ........................

No, one letter should be enough. You want to avoid acknowledging the debt anyway. Did you say that did not acknowledge the debt? Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply. One of the things you

probably won't receive from them is the letter of assignment as they are

not obliged to send it. But they should tell you how much they are chasing you for.

No , the aleged debt is in my wife's name and she will not speak to them on the phone, she has suffered with depression in the past and i don't want people ringing day and night.

The amount is circa £1600, i have no idea if this is correct.

Shall i wait a week and send another letter stating the ammount is "in dispute" and i would like no further phone contact? How do i find out if i owe this money, is it up to them to provide this info?

• 2 months later...

Hi Dodgy

I also received a demand from Lowell in Nov 06 on a debt I knew I didn't owe. This was also an old Barclaycard that I finished paying in 2004. I requested evidence from Lowell in Dec (which I still haven't received) and they wrote to say they will put my account into abeyance until they get my documentation.

These are a very unprofessional group and still hound me with letters even though I disputed the claim. They have even put a default on my credit reoprt stating that I have made no attempt to pay. In the meantime Barclaycard have been pursuing them asking for my account back and not to harrass me (to no avail).

My advice to you is to stick to letter form and keep copies of everything they send and you send to them (you might just need them). They have an obligation when you requested the CCA to supply you with the details of the debt, a signed true copy of an agreement that exists and a statement of account. They have 12 working days in which to comply. If not they have started to break the many rules that they will keep on breaking.

On April 6th legislation is changing for the debt collectors, new regulations are designed to hit these companies where it hurts if they don't change their behaviour. A company will be allowed two free investigations a year but every subsequent complaint in that year will cost the company £400 per complaint whether or not they're in the right or wrong. Therefore it would be worth complaining to the Financial Ombudsman. Because, the more of us that do it the more bad organisations like Lowell will be hit where it hurts - in the pocket and then eventually licence!

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys and Girls,

Do not mean to butt in here but I have read with interest, I too recieved a letter from Lowell Portfolio 1 about a debt they had just bought, and I sent then a I do not acknowledgement letter from the libary on the 26/01/2007, recorded of course and they had signed for it on the 02/02/2007.

So you can quess I was somewhat surprised to say the least when I recieved a letter from Lowell Financial on the 05/02/2007, uncanny isn't it.

Both letters were form the same address same headed paper, and same signed signature at the end of letter.

Beginning to look like a can of worms like Cabot.

At first I thought perhaps this is a crossover letter and they have missed each other in the post and I would ignore it.

But on thinking again, I decided to send them an e-mail as letters where both the same, stating that after they had recieved my first letter dated 26/01/2007 which was signed for, they sent me a second letter they have now breached the rules and regulations, harassment before account is agreed or court order issued, and that I have ( not will ) have reported them to the relevent bodies.

Your question is what happens now, who the hell knows with these people and people of their ilk.

Anyway thats my two pennies worth sorry for jumping in, hope this helps somebody if it does please click my scales.

• Haha 1

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

50% Of claim offered by The Halifax 09/12/2006

LBA letter sent 11/12/2006

Refusal in part of Payment sent 12/12/2006

Halifax settled with £4200 agreed amount 27/12/2006

Survey Submitted and Donation Made 02/01/2007

PPI Claim Sent To Halifax 25/11/2008

PPI Claim Halifax Won 31/12/2008

PPI Claim Sent To Carcraft 22/12/2008

Hi and please help.

I have received a letter from Lowell Portfolio I about a capital one card i took out about 5 years ago my credit limit was £150...The debt is now £677.92.

I can't afford to pay this im a single parent on income support. Life is a struggle and it's unlikely to change anytime soon.

What can i do?? I want to avoid this debt or make offers of payment if they will take it back to the original amount any suggestions??

Hi and please help.

I have received a letter from Lowell Portfolio I about a capital one card i took out about 5 years ago my credit limit was £150...The debt is now £677.92.

I can't afford to pay this im a single parent on income support. Life is a struggle and it's unlikely to change anytime soon.

What can i do?? I want to avoid this debt or make offers of payment if they will take it back to the original amount any suggestions??

You'ld be better served starting your own thread about this so that "we" can help you on a 1 to 1 basis, without hijacking someone elses thread.

I'm fighting Lowell Financial too in relation to a Crapital One card in more or less the same circumstances, so I look forward to seeing your thread :)

Good luck, Dave.

Just a thought fellow fighters,

do you think that they have set up the PO box in order to try and get round the need to sign for recorded deliveries? Not clued up on how the post office deal with recorded deliveries to a PO box but how would someone sign for it?? With that in mind I would suggest everyone sends their CCA's etc to their address at:

ENTERPRISE HOUSE

1 APEX VIEW

LEEDS

LS11 9BH

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Thanks for that diskmandave, I wasnt sure on the procedures of recorded deliveries to a PO box. At least it got there ;-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Guys and Girls,

Just me putting in a mention and a copy of the latest letter I have sent to The Lowell Portfolio Group. I sent 1 copy e-mail to Lowell Financial, and 1 copy by recorded letter to Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd. Here is the letter and I still have had no reply.

Mr Nigel Beaven

To date you have failed to comply with my statutory request for a true, signed copy of a regulated credit agreement in my previous letter dated 01/02/07, and have therefore defaulted in respect of the above account.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act, 1974 and is a complete defence in any court claim that is issued. It also remains unenforceable until such time as a default is either removed or enforced by a court of law. This means that any attempt by your company to enforce this alleged agreement will represent a further offence until such time as it can be produced in court.

As you have been unable to provide me with the requested information within the legal timeframe, it is my belief that you were never in possession of a true copy of the alleged agreement, or of a signed, true copy of a Deed of Assignment. In light of this, I find it astonishing that you have had the audacity to claim for an alleged debt for over this year, without being able to provide any legal evidence that the debt exists, within the time frame allowed by law.

The law set in the Consumer Credit Act, 1974 must be abided by everyone; people and companies alike and taking the above into consideration, no court would look favourably upon your failure to provide true, accurate information which I assumed that you already had in your possession, prior to issuing letters demanding payment, these letters must cease whilst in dispute, otherwise these can and will be deemed harassment by letter, which again is against the law.

Furthermore, at no time did I consent to the processing by you of my data in any manner which would be unfair or inaccurate, or which in any way would breach The Data Protection Act, 1998. If this alleged debt had been legally assigned to you, then any personal data relevant to the credit agreement allegedly entered into may only have been passed to you provided that my (the borrower's) authority was obtained in the original agreement.

FOR THE ATTENTION OF MR NIGEL BEAVEN 2of 2 part

However, you have certainly not requested and I have not given any permission for my personal data to be passed/shared/received by you.

Please note that I am *only* prepared to communicate with you in writing. Should it be your intention to arrange a "doorstep call", please remember that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Please therefore take note that, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless.

Ironically, your failures prompt me to again focus your attention on the content of both the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Data Protection Act 1998, the substance of which should clarify your current position, future conduct and direction regarding both my personal data and unenforceable debts.

With regard to my personal data and your failure to produce the aforementioned documents, I also require that you remove any reference to this alleged debt from my credit file and request an immediate cessation of any processing of unsubstantiated data to third parties under provision of The Data Protection Act, 1998 & The Consumer Credit Act, 1974.

I have also complained to the Trading Standards also the Office Of Fair Trading, and my Member of Parliament about your conduct in this matter and your liability for holding a Credit Trading Licence.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested. In the meantime please be aware that I consider this matter to be “in dispute.

Yours faithfully

Mr Scouser9

If you find the letter useful please use it yourselves and click my scales if the information is helpful in any way

Thanks

Keep On The Fight its Your Right

Mikey

• Haha 7

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Guys And Gals

Just to add if we are not careful the Bailiffs are going to get more power to break and enter your house for goods or monies owed. Please click on the link below and join the petition that we need to sign on line to stop this dead.

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Restore the ancient rights of British citizens to refuse the forced entry of bailiffs.

Come on guys keep fighting for the right

Thanks in Advance

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

• 1 month later...

Just to keep everyone updated about the carry ons of Lowell

I just recieved a letter after some 150 days saying the following

Dear Mr Scouser9

27 April 2007

Original Creditor Capital One

£568.90

Thank you for your correspondence concerning the above matter,we apologise for the delay in replying.

Following an investigation into this account, we can now confirm that this matter is now closed and no further correspondence should be recieved.

We trust this letter meets with your requirements.

Yours sincerely

Nigel Beaven

Hooray at last they have seen the error in their ways, so please people do not give up go after them that need to be gone after and do not loose sight of what you want to achieve.

Keep on fighting the right to fight

mikey

• Haha 1

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Dear Mr Scouser9

27 April 2007

£568.90

Thank you for your correspondence concerning the above matter,we apologise for the delay in replying.

Following an investigation into this account, we can now confirm that this matter is now closed and no further correspondence should be recieved.

Yours sincerely

Nigel Beaven

Hooray at last they have seen the error in their ways, so please people do not give up go after them that need to be gone after and do not loose sight of what you want to achieve.

mikey

That letter should be sent to 99.9% of the people they and their paramilitary wing Hamtons Illegal try to pressurise ito paying unprovanble debts. Wonder if the W anchor who bought the Statute Barred debts from Capone has had his or her knuckles rapped yet

• Haha 1

Dear Mr Scouser9

27 April 2007

£568.90

Yours sincerely

Nigel Beaven

mikey

Hi All, I have just checked my credit report and it shows I have a default to lowell portfolio 1 ltd for £2500, for a bank,in 2004,its on an address that i was only at for a month or so.It also has an incorrect birth date. I telephoned them today and asked them for a signed credit agreement,they said they would request it,but it takes up to two weeks,they also said that they would charge £25 for requesting the signed agreement.I have not acknowledged this debt to them in any way, what should I now expect or do next?

As usual the clowns are bluffing. £1 is all you are legally required to send for a copy of the CCA agreement. The other 24 quid is probably what they bought the debt for