• Tweets

• No. It's a public (council maintained) road with some houses in it.   Some other houses back onto it too and those owners have right of way down the road to access the back of their properties.  Theres a few garages with private osp - so one drives out the garage, over the osp, and onto the public side road and then out on to the public main road.  Irrespective of whether the garages are used - the local businesses parking their cars on the private osp are ostensibly preventing cars from accessing the public roads.
    • is the side street solely for access to your garages? who owns the land and thus the road? dx  
    • A local business has been parking on an off-street parking space in front of my garages (in a side street).  I wasn't using them for a while so didnt bother to do anything.  But now a second local business is also using the osp - taking it in turns with the 1st biz.  This has started to nark me.    The employees choose to drive to work.  There is no private parking in their business's street.  But there are some underground secure garages in their street - which cost apx £2.4k/y to rent - which works out apx £6.60/d. (I believe one of the biz owners already rent one for storage purposes).  If the employee had to park on a meter it would cost them £6.60/h - £66 for 10h and have to move every 4h.  They just don't want to pay for parking. I haven't confronted either of them.  Instead I just put 2 clear "no parking" signs in front of the garages. And a note on one of the cars specifically saying that as they don't live or rent in the street and it's private land could they stop parking.   They ignored that.  And just put notes on their dash with a # to call if one needs the car moved.  There is a sign and they've been told in writing to stop parking. And they are just ignoring it.    I don't what a confrontation.    I don't want to go to the expense of bollards (other than maybe traffic plastic ones - but they'll probs just move them).  Council won't do zilch cos it's private land. And police won't get involved - unless I clamp/ tow the cars and then they'd be after me, not the drivers!    What's the best thing to do?
    • yes might be the best idea. you'd only at best get 8% flat interest and that unusual on a GOGW if this was what it was. simply contact the FOS and let them know its resolved. dx  
    • If you’ve ever wondered how you might fare in armed combat, the first 20 minutes of Steven Spielberg’s Saving Private Ryan is likely to make you thank your lucky stars you were born too late to storm the Normandy beaches on June 6 1944. I suspect many of us might be driven to identify with those men who were absolutely turned to stone by fear. And yet these young men, mainly conscripts, screwed their courage to the sticking point and did the job the fate had chosen for them, heroes all.   .. UK PM Sunak perhaps thinks he understands mind numbing fear better than many as he dishonorably fled the beachhead to do nothing more than double down on dishonest spin and lies from the safety of a UK studio .. The Normandy heroes who not only held their positions, but advanced through hell to a victory that changed the entire course of history .. undoubtedly hold a different perspective.     from a perspective in TheConversation     .. 'That was the slot that sunaks team offered for the interview
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lowell Financial or Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

dodgy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Think Rory said all that need to be said on this in post 84.

if you ignore something for long enough it will get bored and go somewhere else

hopefully it will disappear up its own .........

Don't be cruel, this is half the fun.

Have you seen the amount of 'begging letters' appearing, not just here but in other forums too?? The tone of some of the counter-arguments is actually quite pitiful,

"Just be adult about it and get it sorted. Dca's are there to collect debt that is financially viable for yourselves but also themselves. So bring them an arrangement and talk to them about it. the amazing thing is DCA's do not add charges or interest on the account.

Just pay."

Have you ever heard such astonishing tripe from someone sat in a call centre obviously worried about their own job?? (either that or a very disturbed individual indeed) Pretending to know the law one minute and then begging the next :rolleyes:

Long may it continue.. and I have a sneaky suspicion if you hadn't made the mistake of going pink you'd be joining in too ;)

Show no fear in the face of the enemy, they don't like it up 'em.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Long may it continue.. and I have a sneaky suspicion if you hadn't made the mistake of going pink you'd be joining in too ;)

PMSL, you obviously know me then!!:)

hey its not a mistake turning pink believe me;),

however, while i do like to get involved with these sort of arguments and get satisfaction ripping these sort of people to shreds,i am also mindful of the fact that new members can be mislead by this sort of dribble and it can have a detrimental effect on what we are trying to do and the help we offer.

regards

paul

,i am also mindful of the fact that new members can be mislead by this sort of dribble and it can have a detrimental effect on what we are trying to do and the help we offer.

regards

paul

That being the case you should have the dribble removed in case it causes confusion. Remove the dribbler too:)

legally bound innocent 3rd party person for a deceased account is liable for any outstanding debt unless not legally bound to the debt by contract.

If the customer has deceased. the DCA company withdraws all contact about the debt and gets written off. All proof of death is required aswell as the next of kin details and the executor of will's details.

Last comment don't wish to feed them.

You have quoted no law, or case law.

No one else was legally bound, death certificate sent straight away, no estate and no money to be shared out. Also no will.

Other person was phoned roughly 5 times a day and had threatening letters about court and bailiffs. Extortionate interest added to fatten up the debt.

Now if it wasn't for this website this person would have been in court for deceased persons debt. The advice we get is invaluable and I know who I would rather trust.

(To the everyone else)

I'm really sorry but it's really starting to get to me and upset me at the way my dad was treated when my mum died. Some of the things are just downright despicable and disgusting to be honest. The DCA's painted a very real picture of how unscrupulous people can be at the time.

Sorry for my rant.

Retiring from thread as well. Made a vow to never reply to trolls again.

Real people understand how you feel. Unfortunately the DCAs do not employ real people with a mind of their own. They believe the hogwash they are told by their 'Team Leaders' and will do literally anything to gain commision or a step up the pecking order. Most people on here can give this TROLL and his callcentre colleagues an answer but hey whats the point.

...Your credit rating lets face it is SHOT when your on this forum...

And what the DCA's (and apparently you) don't realise is that the majority of people on here don't care - it is a totally empty threat. I will never borrow money again, so the state of my credit rating doesn't bother me in the slightest.

And what the DCA's (and apparently you) don't realise is that the majority of people on here don't care - it is a totally empty threat. I will never borrow money again, so the state of my credit rating doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Agree entirely HB:p

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Agree entirely HB:p
Yes the IDIOTS do not realise that we will never ask for Credit again. Due to the insatiable greed of the parasitic DCAs people will shun all the great Credit Offers from the Banks and Financial Institutions.

Yes the IDIOTS do not realise that we will never ask for Credit again. Due to the insatiable greed of the parasitic DCAs people will shun all the great Credit Offers from the Banks and Financial Institutions.

Dca's are the idiots ? If theyre idiots please tell me what you are, for giving them a high paid job ? :)

(edit)

I am in almost exactly the same situation, Lowells are chasing me for a capital one credit card debt that I actually settled & paid the full amount to a company called NCO back in 2005. This was before I found this forum . Currently I have asked them for a copy of the CCA & Capital One have sent me a photocopy of a credit agreement ( one that isnt mine & not even centred on the photocopier properly!) any advise on where I go from here ?

cheers

One of two things could have happened.

1] Capital One have mixed up your name with another person who does owe them money.

2] NCO did not remit all the money you sent them to Capital One.

Whoever sent you the credit agreement has breached the Data protection Act Schedules 4 6 and 7.

Sch 4 "Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date " Very obviously inaccurate in this case.

Sch 6 " Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act. " The rights of the person whose data was

sent to you have been violated.

Sch 7 "Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data." Their

organisational measures have failed to prevent unlawful processing.

Keep the letter to kick them with once you have ascertained that you do not

owe them any money. [That could be something like a strong complaint to the Information Commissioners Office or Trading Standards about receiving someone else's data.]

Write back to Cap One, pointing out their error and asking them to confirm that you owe them nothing. If you have a confirmatory letter from NCO back

in 2005, send a copy to Cap One. Don't make too much of their mistake just yet, it's probably better to find out your situation first.

I am sorry Dodgy, still half asleep I think and failed to notice this was your thread.

Hunter, please start up a thread of your own as the method

of dealing with your problem may well hijack Dodgys' thread

and either confuse or cloud advice that he needs.

From my experience if they have sent you a copy of an agreement there is very little chance that they have sent an agreement which isnt your unless it was maude fraudulently. In which case all you need to do is send a copy of your signature "copy of passport or driving license (if your worried about personal info, black it out with marker pen)" and send it to who ever currently ownes the debt. If the signatures match, its your agreement. If it doesnt match there is little they can do as its been made fraudulently. Hope this helps.

an agreement is made fraudulently - send a copy of your signature - its your agreement.

:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

From my experience if they have sent you a copy of an agreement there is very little chance that they have sent an agreement which isnt your unless it was maude fraudulently. In which case all you need to do is send a copy of your signature "copy of passport or driving license (if your worried about personal info, black it out with marker pen)" and send it to who ever currently ownes the debt. If the signatures match, its your agreement. If it doesnt match there is little they can do as its been made fraudulently. Hope this helps.

Excellent idea. Send them a true copy of your signature so as the can Photoshop an agreement. Brilliant idea DCA man. Do you think CAGGERS are as stupid as your work colleagues. Looks like you will be standing on your desk again next week in Leeds:p

Again if you havent been paying any attention. I dont work for a debt company.

I have friend which have been through this. And if you dont want to sort it out dont listen to me. If a business "photoshops" a signature they can lose their license which is stupif for a multi million dollar business to do if they ar chasing your debt of what...£2000 ?? yeh really worth it. Besides, if its not your account, why would you be so scared to send a copy of ur sig if your not hiding anything ?

What you fail to understand is that DCA's Do collect money, yes, and some of them are strict, yes, but if the debt isnt yours, they wont persist. The sooner you stop trying to tear the truth apart with useless remarks the quicker you will resolve your problem. Please stop diluting my helpful information with your nonesense. And if you are, send it through private message. Because unlike you, i want to help these people

why would you be so scared to send a copy of ur sig if your not hiding anything

there is no legal requirement to supply a debt collection agency a copy of your signature anyway so its an irrelevant point really

What you fail to understand is that DCA's Do collect money

yes they do and many of them are chasing people without the required documentation in place and many of the default notices i have seen sent by debt collection agencies don't even have the required terms in them

no one is against a DCA pursuing a legitimate debt as long as they comply with the law

Please stop diluting my helpful information with your nonesense. And if you are, send it through private message. Because unlike you, i want to help these people

im sorry but i have yet to see any advice which is helpful on your posts, however i may be wrong so if you would care to direct me to a post which you have made which you consider helpful then i may change my opinion

regards

paul

there is no legal requirement to supply a debt collection agency a copy of your signature anyway so its an irrelevant point really

"You are not expected to get into debt but you do" The method of tracing to see if an agreement is actually a customers is to send proof that it is not theirs. The main method is to send proof of signature. Thats just a fact and my friend has done it and had it sorted out. You can argue against it thats fine, what im saying isnt a question. its a statement.

yes they do and many of them are chasing people without the required documentation in place and many of the default notices i have seen sent by debt collection agencies don't even have the required terms in them

"If they dont have the required documentation then they havent purchased the debt, they are simply chasing on behalf of the original creditor, in which case you can refuse to pay the DCA and pay the original creditor" (you can ask me more about what i mean if you want im just a little drunk so i slur my words :) hehe )

no one is against a DCA pursuing a legitimate debt as long as they comply with the law

"True enough and the same applies to dca to customer."

im sorry but i have yet to see any advice which is helpful on your posts, however i may be wrong so if you would care to direct me to a post which you have made which you consider helpful then i may change my opinion

"the post ive made about proof of signature to stop a dca chasing a customer that has had details obtained by a third party is my post of help" :)

regards

paul

If you have any questions just ask. Just plrease refrain from attacking me for speaking my mind and of what I know. :)

sorry but you seem to have misunderstood my post, i am not attacking you for speaking your mind. i do not see anything wrong from my post but it is not my intention to offend, however it is my intention to impart my knowledge from this side of the fence so to speak from what i KNOW

i have been in the Southampton county Court on 9 occasions now, helping people whose rights have been over ridden by DCAs and their willful ignorance of the Consumer Protection Legislation which is in place

if these DCAs were so good at what they do, i would have to ask how come i have walked out of these cases with a 100 % record of wins

as i previously stated if the dca follows the law and ensures that they comply with the Statutes and Regulations then i say good luck to them,

however, if they ignore the law, they deserve to pay the consequences

regards

paul

And i dont disagree with anything of what you say. However the experience my freind and myself have had with the dca company is nothing of what your talking about. The only thing i have problem with on this site is when people have taken credit, not paid, got "signed for interest and charges" then asked for help on how to avois paying it at all. The help i offer is to sort it out with the dca company, not to avoid.

"however, if they ignore the law, they deserve to pay the consequences"

If it goes to court and it is ruled that the dca company has broken a law, they lose their license or get an uncapped fine with no limit.

If a dca goes to court, they are generally in the 99.9 percentage of correct laws and legislations set down. The only times they fail are due to circumstances the customer cant help due to death etc, or if the account is statute barred "at this point id like to say that if it is SB the dca wont take a customer to court because the judge would laugh at them"