williamh

Cabot letter before action

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 425 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I wonder if anyone can give some advice please

I had a personal loan in 2006 for around £6000 which regularly paid for two years.

Unfortunately 2008 I was diagnosed with cancer and had to go to hospital for various ops etc

As 1 was unable to work I fell behind with the payments and was defaulted.

I then set up a repayment plan with the dept collector of £5 a month in which I paid for around three years

I then stopped paying when I discovered that the credit collect had to prove the dept.

I then received court summons from Cabot in he post in late 2016.

I defended the claim by asking them to prove it letter.

The summons was the discontinued by the court and I have not heard anything else from them until last week, they have now sent me all the documents that I have asked for signed loan agreement and statements etc

In the mean time my cancer has now progressed and I have been diagnosed terminal

1. my question is have they now got a good case and will I have to pay.

2. should I write to them and tell them, about my illness and give them copies of the hospital letters

Kind regards William

no scan up what they have sent to ONE multipage PDF

read upload

Edited by Andyorch
edited

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Discontinuance and subsequent proceedings

38.7 A claimant who discontinues a claim needs the permission of the court to make another claim against the same defendant if –

(a) he discontinued the claim after the defendant filed a defence; and

(b) the other claim arises out of facts which are the same or substantially the same as those relating to the discontinued claim.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part38#38.7

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thank you for the reply's i will try to upload what they have sent me asap and also find out whether the claim was continued or stayed.

If you have no estate whatever they do wont matter.

If you do then running rings round them for a while will delay to this nonsense until it is too late. You need to consider the fall out so be proactive.

I suggest that you dont write to them and certainly dont tell them you are terminally ill.

They will certainly start an action knowing full well you wont be able to defend and so force your executor or relatives to pay up out of your assets