Park Direct UK/DRP - Pan Peninsula E14

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Once again I am making a different post with different issue while other post gets resolved.

last week I have received a letter from DRP for £160

once I moved my V5 and driving license address, no previous letters received.

As I have current CCJ on my file I got a bit scared and decided to pay up the reduced amount of £128.

In fact after I got my statement they have charged me £129.50 which was not agreed amount, but I will let this one go and forget about it.

couple days later I received another charge from DRP which was for a different location.

Again, no previous letters received as was most likely going to my old address.

I have attached a letter from DRP.

What are your thoughts on this

- should I pay this one up too or ignore?

I cannot view any evidence on Park Direct website for the charge.

Many thanks

Scannable Document on 13 Nov 2017, 14_31_35.jpg

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 Date of the infringement 10/03/2016

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] – Did not receive NTK

3 Date received – DRP letter only received on 09/11/2017

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] – Did not receive NTK

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? No and cannot view when entering details on website.

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up you appeal] - No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up – N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Park Direct UK Limited

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] - Pan Peninsula, London, E14 9HA

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. – Does not say

I have not received any other correspondence apart off letter from DRP.

so most probably everything sent to old address

so they could file the claim there too.

and you'll know nothing about it

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

appeal to PDUK

theres no such thing as a pcn for stopping or waiting.

then they'll have you correct address in writing.

and they

its just a way to inform them of your new address

wont matter what you say

and they

I guess it does not matter much as I need to get POPLA code to proceed further correct? Would a letter below work?

To whom it may concern,

I would like to appeal a ticket number (------) dated 10/03/2016 on the grounds of no contract formed with you between your company and the driver. If you reject this appeal, please send me a correctly issued and valid POPLA code.

For the records below is my new address: ------

Best wishes

-------

Hi

The letter sent to you is misleading as PD are not members of the BPA. they are members of the (very flawed) IPC and to appeal you must first appeal to them and when they reject you ( notice how I say WHEN, not IF) you can go to the equally flawed IAS.

Why do I say Flawed?

Both the IPC and the IAS are both the same company and the solicitor of choice, Gladstones, are all linked so there is no independence at all really.

Ideally, we could do with seeing pictures from the area you stopped in. I have looked on StreetView and I can see some signs at the front but they are not clear to see.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

no paying DRP doesnt actually settle any debt as they are not licenced to handle money.

If you think that these are going to an old address then apart form using the RM mail forwarding service when you moved you need to write to the parking co's chasing you and telling thejm your new addr5ess. They wont be able to get a default CCJ then.

Forget about appealing any of these charges, just a letter denying them and state that all correspondence to go to your new address.

What can I do to protect myself in this case? Just pay the monies?

Thank you both for your time and replies. I will stop by the area to take snapshots sometime this week, it's a little further from where I live.

EB - just to clarify this letter was sent and received at my new address after I changed my DVLA documents which now they know where I live. Should I still be sending them letter to advise that this is my new address and to send me all correspondence there?

Many thanks

have you actually written to the PPC and told them of your new address?

the DCA found you from your credit file as they have access to it the PPC does not.

dx

and they

Hi all,

The letters were sent to both PD & DRP with my new address and denying the offence.

I am attaching the pictures of the site where offence took place. Please take a look and advice your thoughts.

FYI - I was sitting stationary at the car at the time waiting for a friend to come out of station, it was roughly 20 minutes long.

Thank you

PD - Pan Peninsula E14.pdf

why write to DR+? they have nothing to do with anything.

We said that you should write to the parking co's to deny any liability and provide them with your address for service of documents,

we also said dont bother with any dca.

The devil is always in the detail with these matters,

you have to focus on what is important and ignore the background noise.

As for sitting in your car,

we dont care about that,

whatever you say is mitigation and not a defence.

The signage determine the contract and you werent offered one

so whatever you were douing is immaterial and therefore you have no need to mention it.

Once you get into this mindset it all becomes easier because sitting in a car COULD be a contracual matter if their sign was worded differently

Oops, apologies I have misread and sent the letter to both PPC & DCA. Hope this will not cause a problem?

Eric, I am trying to understand the sign and why the contract was not offered.

Could you please explain from the picture of the sign which part describes that and on what grounds could I win this case?

Do I need to do anything else for now or await for documents to arrive from PCC?

Thanks

anything that says NO PARKING is not a offer to let you park even if you offer to pay or agree to certain conditions.

This makes you being there a matter of trespass and as the parking co dont own the land that is nothing to do with them.

The landowner may sue you for damages but as the only amount they can claim is the actua cost or loss caused by your trespass the damage done to a road by having a car on it for 10 minutes will be zero.

All of this is in other threads so start reading a few hundred of them and you will get an idea of what is what

Hi all,

Update: I have received another letter from DRP last night, please find attached copy.

Since sending a letter denying the charge to Park Direct I have not yet received any correspondence from them.

Should I be ignoring these letters from DRP for now?

Thanks

DRP 20-11-17.pdf

you should have read and understood the contents of post #17

IGNORE ALL DCA'S they are rentamouths and nothing more.

As for park direct, why do you wish them to do something?

What do you want, them to suddenly tell you that they are rubbish at their job and they apologise for trying to rip you off or perhaps a well crafted letter before action so they can take you to court?

neither of these is likely and certainly not in any timescale currently ticking along.

Just keep all of the letters in a safe place just in case and carry on with life

I heartily agree with ericsbrother on this. Your case is trespass, nothing more so this should be in the hands of the landowner.

Park Direct are a small company but they have taken a few cases to court this year (more than the previous two combined) This doesn't mean they have won any cases.

As for DRP. Rent-a-gob is the best description as they can do nothing to you - ever! It's a wonder they are still around with all the BS they spout.

They can recommend anything they like. Doesn't mean that is what will happen. The letters sent are meant to intimidate and they are carefully worded so they stay just this side of the law.

Ignore DRP totally. You my then get a letter from Gladstones or BW Legal. Incompetent at best is the way I would describe them. Until such time as (if) court papers turn up, nothing more to do except read and read some more. Get your mindset focussed on the legalities of any civil claim.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 9 months later...

Hi CAG! Hoping you all had a great bank holiday!

Just bringing this post alive as in the last couple months DRP has bombarded me with some letters. I have now received a follow up threatening letter from Zenith Collections.

Should I ignore this and carry on with my life or start putting some work into this?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Park_Direct.pdf