All Members dealing with Cobblers

Allyxia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is mine:

20/09/06 - AoS LCB/MJM

13/10/06 - Defense covering letter AMB

13/10/06 - Actual written defense signed by LCB

18/10/06 - 50% offer LCB/EPG

21/10/06 - Notice defense filed (from court) LCB/MJM

3/11/06 - Full offer LCB/LZD

7/11/06 - Copy of their AQ LCB/JLZB (received after cheque)

You can see how messed up mine was with the order of things I also never got a CPR18....have no idea why cos at the time everyone else was. I know who LCB is as she signed her full name on the Defense other than that everyone else works off initials and a squiggle signature.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

I was discussing with other NatWest claimants about the apprarent lack of any logical way in which we seem to be having payouts.

Ie it doesnt matter how much you are claiming for or for how long you have been claiming. And we were wondering if it was down to the particular solcitor we are dealing with.

So I thought out of interest I would start this thread to see if I could look up a sort of timeline (it may help or forewarn some of us, when to expect our money).

I would be grateful if you could post up the details regarding your particular contact in Cobbetts (their intials will be the first 3 after "Our Ref" on the letter.)

This is especially important if you have had a settlement.

Also If you have the full names and job titles that would also be apprecaited!!

Im not saying that there is any connection but it may be worth a look at (besides Im twiddling my thumbs until my day in court LOL!)

I will edit this post when I get more information from you all:

LCB = Lynsey Clare Burgoyne - Head of Banking Litigation

Allyxia

Claim £1460 Start (Prelim) 040906

Issued 190906

Defence 191006 From LCB

Offer £1100 241006 From LCB

AQ 061106 From LCB

Lynsey Burgoyne most certainly isn't the head of banking litigation at Cobbetts!!! She was only admitted to the law society about 2 years ago.

She is a junior solicitor in the department.

The banks wouldn't pay the high rate of a department head for a case like this.

Hi all

here are my details should it be of any assistance.

LCB

LZD

RR

Started my claim on 23 August 2006 for just over 3k Cobbetts LLP have paid up this morning however id did contact them last week to see where my acceptance to partial payment was they stated they were waiting for response from the bank. then 7 days later my cheque arrived. hope this is ok and the details you wanted.

I think this is LCB/LZD/RR.XXXXX?

LZD will be the secretary, paralegal. legal executive or trainee/more juinor solicitor assisting Burgoyne. I believe RR is just the client code/ref (i.e NatWest/RBS/RBS Group/Group Litigation/whatever) and the any number/code/alphanumeric ref after the "RR" will probably relate specifically to the individual case.

With some law firms the name of the partner who the fee-earner (Burgoyne and any junior solicitor/legal exec working under her) is working under comes first in the reference.

It will be more benificial if you quote the ENTIRE ref (excluding the bit after the RR, if you wish to retain some sort anominity).

Hi I believe main person is Lynsey Burgoyne she is the head of banking litigation she has the overall say regarding the claims and payouts.

No she isn't head of banking litigation. Goto the law society website you will see that she has only been admitted for about 2 years.

Most of mine have been LCB with the occasional AMB thrown in.

Interestingly though, the representative at the set aside hearing was one Emily Duckworth. I can't trace ever having had anything in writing from her.

Was she a solicitor or barrister? Cobbetts seem to love sending briefs.

HTH

Details: BURGOYNE, LYNSEY CLARE - Assistant

ID: 334995

Admission Date: 01/10/2004

Higher Rights of Audience: No

Registered Foreign Lawyer: No

Registered European Lawyer: No

Insolvency Practitioner: No

Address: COBBETTS LLP

Ship Canal House

98 King Street

MANCHESTER

LANCASHIRE

M2 4WB

ENGLAND

Telephone Number: 0845 404 2404

Areas of law: Civil litigation

Commercial litigation

Insolvency and bankruptcy

continue thanks

just be aware its going to take a while before we have enough responces to see the bigger picture here - can people remember to put dates down as well as intials thanks!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Hi,

My case has reach the final stages... received a cheuqe for full and final settlement but they forgot to include the AQ/Transfer of Proceedings fee of £100.00 in their offer. Sent cheuqe back. Waiting for new one for full amount. their AQ reflects case settled. Call Court to continue proceedings against Natwest.

LCB is dealing with the case from start.

Hope this help.

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

AMB looks like it might be Anne-Marie Bolan. I got this from Baldrick - v - Natwest (he's won, by the way, and quite quickly).

Quote: "...I've spoken to Cobbetts this morning and they(Anne Marie Bolan)..."

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Mine was:

13/09/06: Defence and Part 18 request from LCB/LZD/RR...

19/09/06: "Client objects to allegation that request is intimidatory", from LCB/AFLR/RR...

02/10/06: Copy of AQ from MJM/RR....

04/10/06: Offer of £1400 from LCB/MJM/RR....

20/10/06: Cheque for £3708.81 from LCB/RR....

23/10/06: Agree to scrap confidentiality from LCB/PZC/RR...

Hope that helps folks.

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

Hi Allyxia,

By allocating LCB to approximately all cases presented against NatWest, Cobbetts concedes terrain to all the Claimants reclaiming charges from NatWest (in our cases). LCB is left with a cyclic administrative mission: printing out template letters. Cobbetts is a massive law firm with branches in Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester. If there was a loop to be exploited, their partners would have, by now, found one. All they can do is try to struck cases on technicality.

Well, dear LCB, if you read that, I am (we are) please you are dealing with our cases.

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

It was just worth a shot Im not implying there is a trend going on here I just wanted to number crunch a bit and see as some people are being settled 3 weeks after AQ others 8 weeks!!!

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

It was just worth a shot Im not implying there is a trend going on here I just wanted to number crunch a bit and see as some people are being settled 3 weeks after AQ others 8 weeks!!!
:roll:

Ally

Is it worth looking at Cobbetts AQ Part G - Other Information? I wonder if this is standard stuff too?

Mine reads "Case Management directions cannot be proposed until the Claimant serves a reply to the Request for Further Information which was due on 8 November 2006. In light of this, the Defendant may amend its Defence or apply to strike out"

Is this unique to me or have they used it for everyone?

All the best!

Madge

Thats a very good idea madge - i was going to start to look at these on friday anyway.

I had that nonsence about CM direction as well - dont panic!!!

Maybe we could also start a thread on "nonsence requested by Cobblers in their defence or AQ" so If people get something they are not sure of or cobblers start to change they tack slightly in stead of eveyrone panicing they could just look up what has been said and what to do next!!!

If people could also add that info by editing their previous posts here (rather than starting a new one please).

It would save time rather than searching all the previous threads here which could be overwhelming!!!

Allyxia

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone

First Time Writing On Site Picked Up All My Info Reading Everyones Stories. I Am Dealinig With Cobblers Too Just Recieved What Looks Like Their Standard Defence 30/12/06. Have Also Recieved A Request Fof Further Information And Clarification

1 Cpr Part 18

2 In Relation To Each Charge Why Should Have Been Charged Or Not

3 Please Specify All The Relevant Regululations,laws ,terms And Acts

I Have Shortened Their Versions As Typing Is Not My Fortay And Hoping This Their Standard Practise.i Hope This This Is Not Infinging To Much On The Info Gathering Side.littlle Bit Lost As What To Do Next Much Help!

Firstly, it would be a good idea to start your own thread, that way you can post up all your progress in the one place. It makes it little easier for everyone to keep track of what stage you're at.

With regards to your questions, have a read through this thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/35672-cobbetts-cpr-18-request.html

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Hello Everyone

First Time Writing On Site Picked Up All My Info Reading Everyones Stories. I Am Dealinig With Cobblers Too Just Recieved What Looks Like Their Standard Defence 30/12/06. Have Also Recieved A Request Fof Further Information And Clarification

1 Cpr Part 18

2 In Relation To Each Charge Why Should Have Been Charged Or Not

3 Please Specify All The Relevant Regululations,laws ,terms And Acts

I Have Shortened Their Versions As Typing Is Not My Fortay And Hoping This Their Standard Practise.i Hope This This Is Not Infinging To Much On The Info Gathering Side.littlle Bit Lost As What To Do Next Much Help!

sounds exactly like what I got. My timeline is:

£1700 claimed

16 NOV - MCOL filed

23 DEC - DEFENCE & AQ QUESTIONAIRE RECEIVED (KCB)

28 DEC - AQ FILED

no offers as yet... goodwill or other!

am away most of jan so have prepared a standard letter for my missus to send in reply to their anticipated next letter still requiring more info & denying being intimidatory!!

SBFIDO v Natwest

Claim Filed on 16/11/06 6QZ843@@

Defence filed by Lynsey burgoyne 29/11/06

Cobbetts Letter Received enclosing defence - with an admission to receiving my SAR and stating they acknowledged this with 4 letters and statements! mmmmmmm on a winner here as they also charged me an additional £5 for statements. No other infromation disclosed.

Reference RLM/RR

Do not accept charges unlawful blah blah blah.

Responded by return with nice letter stating they were attempting to intimidate by requesting information that was not relevant. FAXED AND POSTED TO COBBETTS BY RECORDED - They were received.

27/12/06 During telephone confirmation of receipt they denied receiving the information so stated that a signature had been obtained and a copy was being sent by royal mail.

When they offer F and F should I still pursue none disclosure and make them panic as this is part of my claim. Compensation ideas please as charges and none disclosure are the basis of my claim to the court, they have admitted receiving the SAR Request in there defence and responding with four letters. but 3 letters relate to statements and the final one said take legal action as they have complied ( Sorry started action prior to joining this site)

I would love judgement entered against them for this breach. Idea or should i include the fact when i accept the offer for F and F of claim. stating that i accept in full and final but will continue to pursue your failure under the Data Protection act as admitted in your defence.

Let me know hope this helps any advice would be useful and if this needs a new thread can a moderator assist please.

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

AMB was dealing with my case. It took a month from Cobbettts/Natwest agreeing to pay in full to actually receiving payment. Leaving it till the last minute to pay me. It then takes 5 days for their own cheque to clear!!! In that time I had no choice then but to prepare my case for Court. It would be useful if there was a standard template to follow for Court preparation as I found this to be the most difficult part to prepare, the Court Bundle though helpful is not very specific. AMB proved to be very nice to talk to on the phone and I would recommend those of you at the stage of waiting payment ring regularly to chase through. I was even wished a Happy New Year. Which of course I will, having now received cheque for £2800.

Although it does vary from person to person most people are being settled between 33 - 40 days after the AQ deadline!

Bare in mind though if you get given a court date you will be settled before that.

This is just an average timeline so please dont start typing up if you have been settled shorter or longer as it will confuse matters for other people.

Allyxia