1st credit RE:lloyds card debt say its not SB's as thats from DN date!!

tortilla
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 years later...

Hi everyone, I hope all are well?

I recently responded to a letter from 1st Credit regarding a very old debt of mine.

I told them by way of a letter from the library that the debt was now statute barred,

and that I had no intention (or ability) to repay.

They replied to me as follows:

I would apreciate some comments and suggestions.

Thank you

Regards

1st Credit.jpg

Fishing. The account will prob be SB'd as you state as it goes on the last payment or acknowledgement of the account not the default date. Default date will be a few months after 1st payment missed. In any event you've only got to wait 3 weeks and it's SB'd in their own eyes😂😂

There is some debate over this but my view is that they are completely wrong.

If you that I take is that the six years runs from the date of an actionable breach – meaning from the date that a payment was due and it was not paid. This effectively put you in breach of contract and created a right of action at that moment.

A default notice has no legal significance and it is issued because the account is already in arrears and you are already in breach.

I suggest that you write to 1st credit on that basis and tell them that if they want to try their argument and they should issue court papers and you will be happy to explain your position to a judge.

What's the value of the debt?

Fishing. The account will prob be SB'd as you state as it goes on the last payment or acknowledgement of the account not the default date. Default date will be a few months after 1st payment missed. In any event you've only got to wait 3 weeks and it's SB'd in their own eyes

sorry, but this cannot possibly be correct. The last successful payment is not an event which put the account in arrears and amounted to a breach of contract. If six years does not run from the date of the default – and I believe it is not, then it runs from the date of the first missed payment

There is the question as to what sort of debt it was. If it was for an overdraft, S6 probably applies and the date of accrual would be the date on which the demand was made, i.e.the February date.

In England advise is a verb (a doing word) advise/advising/advised, advice is a noun. I might ask for advice or give advice.

The same with license (verb) license/licensing/licensed, but one would have a driving licence (noun).

Who was the original creditor?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

If you that I take is that the six years runs from the date of an actionable breach – meaning from the date that a payment was due and it was not paid. This effectively put you in breach of contract and created a right of action at that moment.

A default notice has no legal significance and it is issued because the account is already in arrears and you are already in breach.

?

my view too.

a dn (if applicable) can only exist re a breach (the dn has to state the breach concerned), giving a debtor the oppo to rectify the breach. if they dont, then the breach subsists/continues and it (the breach) is what any subsequent legal claim is based on (the dn (if applicable) is just a required administrative step prior to issuing a claim re the breach complained of in it ie 'failed to make payments' or the like. there is case law on that.)

When was the card taken out, if pre 2007 they might have difficulty doing court.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

the fact that the card was post apr 2007 has no bearing on anything.

1st crapit can state what they like

but on a credit card debt, no matter what paperwork they hold

the debt is statute barred from the date of the last payment.

trying to fleece you me thinks.

and sadly they know it...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks everyone.

Is there any chance of me re-setting the 6 year clock by, for instance making a request for a CCA?

No

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

But I wouldnt

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But I wouldnt

Why ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

cant see the point of a CCA request

the debt must now be sb'd even by 1st crapit silly rules

so what paperwork they hold is immaterial?

and they

But if a district judge agrees its not...then you have the CCA none compliance to fall back on?

haven't they gotta issue a claimform first......

and unless they do that rather quick they're stuffed....

and the OP's not had any letters from the moonies yet anyway regard PAP

so they cant just rush it through else the beevers would be ignoring pre action protocols

ok the op fell for the threat-o-gram and responded...

so p'haps a cca request for £1 wont hurt

and they