Athens security services PCN now DR+ - Main car park port Isaac PL33 9EU cornwall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am I missing something as the OP was issued with a Parking Chareg Notice and not a Penalty Charge Notice so the above Order probably would not apply anyway. This seems to indicate that the land was private and not council land. I wonder who is the owner of the land?

It wasn't the council it was this private company.A.S.S. quite appropriate name!

I paid to park but parked in the overflow on the grass verge as there were no spaces.

Does this mean the parking order thing is of no use?

Are AS Parking acting for the council on a piece of land which is on Schedule 1 of the Parking Places Order? Which would make it a Penalty Charge Notice for non-relevant land, and POFA would not apply. Have we seen a copy of all NTDs, NTKs, letters, etc, as it is very unclear.

It wasn't the council it was this private company.A.S.S. quite appropriate name!

I paid to park but parked in the overflow on the grass verge as there were no spaces.

Does this mean the parking order thing is of no use?

I would think that the parking order would only apply to council land and not privately owned land however I stand to be corrected. Is there a contract between the parking company and the land owner and if there is, does it state that the parking company can charge extra for people parking on the grass? Although not sure, maybe you could ask to see a copy of the contract that allows them to charge you extra for parking on the grass? Does the private parking company have planning permission to erect signage on the land? TBH I can't see this going anywhere near a court.

it means that it is not "relevant land" as far as the POFA goes and ASS dont have the right to make contracts and demand monies there.

Hi sorry for the late reply I've had to create a new account as I couldn't log back in!!

I've had an email back there is a parking places order on the car park. I don't really understand what this means. Can you explain please?

then that would mean ASS are just employees of the council and cant do anything in their own name. The ticket issued whould then have to be the prescribed PCN and the detail would amke it clear that it was the council who were pursuing the driver or later the keeper.

I would think that the parking order would only apply to council land and not privately owned land however I stand to be corrected. Is there a contract between the parking company and the land owner and if there is, does it state that the parking company can charge extra for people parking on the grass? Although not sure, maybe you could ask to see a copy of the contract that allows them to charge you extra for parking on the grass? Does the private parking company have planning permission to erect signage on the land? TBH I can't see this going anywhere near a court.

This is a car park with an issue that has not been brought out yet. It is owned by the Parish and has a Parking Places Order on it. The Parish continue to use the "we can use what we want" argument but there is significant doubt over this.

Suggest you appeal stating the above and see what he says. At the same time check whether the DVLA Keeper database has been accessed. Suspect not as doing so may lead to even more issues

They have contacted dvla for my details

Are AS Parking acting for the council on a piece of land which is on Schedule 1 of the Parking Places Order? Which would make it a Penalty Charge Notice for non-relevant land, and POFA would not apply. Have we seen a copy of all NTDs, NTKs, letters, etc, as it is very unclear.

Hi the pcn states "parked in an area that is not designated for parking".

I now have the NTK and the pcn what do you need to know please.

I'm not sure about whether it is a council car park or not. It does have a ppo on it if that helps.