• Tweets

• Just a little something for consideration When a card is compromised, the replacements can be set up to automatically allow or manually re-add, old recurring transactions. The card issuer may ask you to confirm legitimate transactions which they would effectively 'migrate' to the new card Some do - some don't. Some staff on some cards seem to be entirely unaware/uncaring about this. Some card issuers expect you to sort it all out manually.   BUT if the leak is an ongoing lyca leakas it seems - as soon as you or your CC supplier give it to lyca/the leak source - compromised again     A note on security DONT use the same email or phone number for your banking as you do for sims etc. Although a bank eg santander leak would compromise this Infp seems to suggest that single/compromised multi factor authentication customers are priority targets, with more robustly secure cards being hit by 0.00 tests first Consider that the email address is one of the OTP recieving options AND one of the OTP security checks prior to sending the OTP - with the phone number being another So if they've got your card and email (same email for banking and end contact) - and you aren't forcing a phone OTP - you are compromised.  
    • Thanks for posting up the back of the NTK. The good news s that as it does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act, it means that you are not liable for the charge as the keeper as I explained in a previous post.  The PC fails for two reasons. The first is that it does not specify the period of parking. All it does is list the arrival and departure times of your car. Obviously that does not include the time taken to drive to the car parking space, manoeuvre the car into the space and later drive from the space to the exit. Nor does their times include things like getting kids disabled people out of and into the car as well as things like returning the trolley whilst still being parked. All of which can add a fair bit of time to the parking period which can then be subtracted from their ANPR times and makes your actual parking time a lot shorter than 118 minutes they seem to think it is. The second reason is that they failed to ask the keeper to pay Schedule 4 Section 9 [2][e]  (e)state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges You as keeper are now in the clear which is a good reason for you to contact Sainsbury  stating that you are being pursued as the keeper when you are not liable under the Act as well as the oher things I suggested in my previous post. If you don't get it cancelled with Sainsbury this could drag on for months with endless letters unlawfully pushing the price up to scare you into paying.  
    • Brilliant! That's great to hear and honestly pleased I'm wrong, my advice was out of concern. I checked some of your previous posts last night and you've been giving great advice to others at times. Bringing a claim can be serious (counter-claims etc) and it didn't appear you were knowledgeable based on posts so far. Far from an expert myself, just interested and will try to help. I'll sit on the sidelines, best of luck with the claim!
    • Thank you so much for the advice  I will try and up my savings to £500 for the next 6 months. Although I do still have an uphill battle, I feel more able to deal with it.  I hope my experience with the cifas marker helps someone else who finds themselves in that quite horrible situation. It is a huge weight off my shoulders getting it removed.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lowell threatening to pass disputed debt to collections department very debt

Scouse0151
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, and thank you in advance for any help and guidance on this matter.

I requested a cca from Lowell regarding a debt of £9000 (which consists of mainly interest charges) from very catalogue.

They eventually returned an in signed agreement that has discrepancies on.

There appears to be 2 different dates they state the account was opened,

one is 07/12/2008 and an alleged credit agreement with an electronic tick for my signature dated 29/06/2011

The total debt is for £9,000.38 Of which £6,434.63 is made up of interest.

I am wondering what my next step is,

do I contact shop direct about discrepancies or Lowell ( who are demanding full payment or they are sending the debt to the collections department).

I have a neurological disorder which hinders my thinking process and mobility and I have been classed as disabled because of it.

I find the constant texting and phone calls disturbing

( I had written asking for all correspondence to be delt with by way of letter when I asked for the cca as my speak is slurred )

As I am unable to work due to my disability

the funds would not be available to pay the disputed debt.

Would I need to request a sar at all?

They have placed the debt onto my credit score now as being in default.

Sorry for the long post (trust me this has taken far longer to type than it has for you to read it 😉

Once again thank you in advance for any advice given

SAR to Very catalogues to get hold of all information.

Had you actually spent over £2k on the account ?

Why so much interest ? Who added the interest ?

How much of the £9k are charges on the account ?

When did Very sell this account on ?

When did you last make a payment for the account ?

Did you ever contact Very about having problems paying the account ?

Is this your only outstanding debt ?

Do you own any assets such as a house ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your speedy reply

Sadly they kept increasing my limit and I had foolishly took advantage of their buy now pay later offers,

I made regular payments until My Neurological disorder took a turn for the worse

No idea why the interest is so high, this was set by the catalogue company

£2,565.75. For purchases.

£6434.63 for interest

The debt was sold on the 15/02/2016

I'm unsure when the last payment was to them,

I would guess about 2 years ago

I did contact them about 5 years ago stating my mental health condition and ability to pay

I have credit card and store card debts too sadly

I have a mortgage on the house

Is it not strange that they have 2 different dates stating when the account was opened?

Thank you again

Yes dates of account opening point to Lowell not having much information on the debt.

Very should have responded to you properly when you contacted them 5 years ago.

The lending was irresponsible and interest/charges added may not be valid.

Next action by you is to send a urgent SAR to Very, asking for copies of everything on file and also copies of all statements of account.

You should also send a written complaint to Very about them not responding to the health issues you raised with them and them increasing the account limit breaking rules on irresponsible lending practice, with interest/charges added that would be considered excessive.

Given that Lowell do quite often issue court claims,

you might also want to inform Lowell in writing that you are currently pursuing a complaint with Very about the account.

Mention the health issues to them, so they are aware.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you again for your help in this matter

I will get the wheels in motion and see what reply I get back.

Are Lowell allowed to show default on my credit score? They have recently added this debt on.

Thank you so much

Yes, normally they are updating a default applied by the original creditors,

but if Very had forgotten to note the default,

then as the new debt owners,

i don't see why Lowell could not add the default,

providing the information was accurate.

Hi Scouse

Welcome to CAG. First off let me say that what Lowell are trying to grab from you is way more then I would expect for one of these accounts.

Normally we see these accounts in the rang of £1k - £4k so I was shocked that they are asking for £9k when I started reading the thread.

It appears that Lowell so far have played ball. But remember that these debts get sold on enmasse and on spreadsheets.

Very should have definitely responded 5 years ago when you informed them. Get a SAR sent off if you havent already to Very / Shop Direct

Thank you for the reply,

I requested that shop direct stop the interest too but they never responded to my letters and continued sending out requests for monthly payments of over £1,000 per month

I will be following all advice given on here as the stress of such a debt made up of predominantly interest is not good

Once again thank you

I would suspect that the original creditor defaulted you years ago

or upon the debts sale to lowlife

so as long as lowlife has not changed that date, all is ok there

do you have past copies of your credit file?

did shop direct show on there before sale?

don't forget a dca is NOT A BAILIFF

they have no such legal powers..

never converse on the phone text or at your door

have you sent your other creditors a cca request too?

might be an idea....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, thanks for your reply

I got a message from clear score to say my credit score had changed,

upon looking at it I noticed Lowell had me down as defaulting on £9k

I will check on equifax to see if my original creditor had reported default and the date of the default,.

i shall report back once I've looked on my full credit score site with the dates etc

I've not requested cca from other creditors.

I had a previous account with shop direct that was with very and an account with additions that got passed to very too, very had me as a customer on two different accounts (is that allowed? )

I cca to the original very account and they could not provide it so the account was closed ,

I had forgotten about that.

Thank you for your help

the CCA request goes to whomever is chasing or whomever you are paying , so NOT always the OC.

additions/very are all the same company , shop direct,

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...