E-on / LCS old debt for previous home owners

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Been a long time since I posted on here, I am now debt free and own my own home! If I can do it, anyone can do it, CAG was a complete godsend to me and I could not be more grateful for the help and assistance you gave me over time!

But now, I do need some help, regarding the below. Just need some guidance here. See attached. 

Looks like an outstanding debt that was accumulated for energy bill in 2021. 

Previous owners passed away (do not know when)

long distance relative of previous owner was beneficiary and left all to local agent to deal with.

We completed purchase of house on 4th Dec 2021. We are and always have been with British Gas not EON.

You can see E-on do not have bill payers name, just "Occupier"

You can see LCS on their phishing exercise do not have bill payers name or any other information but the address. 

Do not want to receive any surprise CCJ's especially that we should not have, but equally do not want to end up responsible for the bill either that we should not be responsible for. We do not have the beneficiary's details to forward on to or to supply to E-on / LCS. 

Advice on how to respond / or move forward?

Thank you so much for any help or advice you can give, it is muchly appreciated. 

Occupier Letter from LCS and final bill 2021.pdf

cant ever happen 

just ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

LCS have been trying for a load recently. I've had them contact me at work over an old utilities debt that we aren't responsible for.

Personally I don't mind contacting them on my work email because it means that someone there is wasting their time with me instead of fleecing someone else.

You, however, should ignore them totally like dx says.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread