GB energy customer, broken electricity meter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm was a customer of GB energy, and after finding out they're I bust followed the advice to take a meter readings.

However when I went to get the electric readings I found that my meter doesn't display the numbers and is faulty. GB energy will not respond and Ofgem keeps cutting me off when I try to phone them.

Any advice please?

so who is your supplier then? now?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ofgem are the energy ombudsman not a supplier

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Guys,

I'm was a customer of GB energy, and after finding out they're I bust followed the advice to take a meter readings.

However when I went to get the electric readings I found that my meter doesn't display the numbers and is faulty. GB energy will not respond and Ofgem keeps cutting me off when I try to phone them.

Any advice please?

Does your meter have an electronic digital display, rather than dials ?

If you could photo the meter and post it up on CAG there are a few people who might know more about this type of meter.

I would suggest that you write to GB Energy to register the fact that you have discovered today that the meter is faulty and get proof of posting. Your letter should be passed onto whoever is going to do the admin for this company. At some point OFGEN will sort out a new supplier and you don't want a new supplier suggesting it was tampered with.

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Does your meter have an electronic digital display, rather than dials ?

If you could photo the meter and post it up on CAG there are a few people who might know more about this type of meter.

I would suggest that you write to GB Energy to register the fact that you have discovered today that the meter is faulty and get proof of posting. Your letter should be passed onto whoever is going to do the admin for this company. At some point OFGEN will sort out a new supplier and you don't want a new supplier suggesting it was tampered with.

Thank you this is the best advice I've received. I finally got through to OFgem who passed me on to CAB who basically said do nothing and hope the new supplier will be sympathetic.

The other thought i have on this.

Get some quotes based on your typical usage and phone the company you want to use. Advise them that you are with GB Energy currently and on checking your meter, you think there may be a fault with it. Ask them whether they can get someone to check the meter, so you are starting off on the correct basis. They might be able to do this in the circumstances.

The risk is that if you leave it for a new supplier to be arranged by OFGEN, you will get involved in sorting out the meter with a new supplier in a few months, rather than seeing if you can get it fixed as early as possible. It could get messy with estimates being made of usage not charged for and you being sent a bill based on an estimated usage.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

brill

they are quite good too

dx

and they

It's possible that the meter is still recording usage but just not displaying the numbers. Whatever the problem, as long as you've done your part in making all parties aware (keep a record of what you've done), the worst that can happen is that you are asked to pay a best estimate of the usage for a period (but you should not accept the supplier's first estimate if it seems too much). Don't throw any old bills away as these can help you to make a sensible estimate if this becomes necessary.

• 3 months later...