People naked in pub - i walked by with kids...

Teddybear154
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know if I have posted this in right place but hope some one might me able to help. Down the road about 2 minutes from my house is a pub. Yesterday evening I went out with my husband and children. We were walking home at about 10pm and walked passed this pub as we have to pass it to get home.

It has very large windows so hard not to see in, as we were walking passed and my 7 year old daughter screams when I look there is a group of men in pub all naked and doing in appropriate things. And even naked men at door almost on pavement.

We grabbed are children and ran passed quick feeling mortified.

This is ment to be a family pub and restaurant.

Is it even legal to be naked in a pub. I would have thought it would be a health and safety issue being naked in a place that serves food and drink. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know what Kind of pub they are running now and am concerned that this is going to become a regular occurrence.

My children should not have to see such discusting behaviour. We have to walk pass this pub oftern and have been in this pub many times with are children for meals.

We won't be going there again.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance.

I can't tell you offhand what the laws might be – but it's boring not too hard to find out if you search the Internet. Maybe you can do that and come back here and tell us.

However, there may also be some kind of requirement within the pubs licensing conditions. I know it may seem repugnant to it's a shame that somebody didn't take a photo so that you had evidence. On the basis that the pub in question as part of some pub chain or group, I would think about complaining to the head office on Monday – and also why not go and see the police.

Have you thought about researching the Internet for any kind of events at that pub on that date? You might find that something in particular was arranged and you will understand more about it.

Once again, if you find anything then please let us know.

It isn't an offence on its own to be naked.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/l_to_o/nudity_in_public/

There are a number of potential offences including public order offences (where there was no sexual intent or deliberate plan to create distress), or (where there was: "exposure" or "enraging public decency").

As this was a licensed premises, if the pub allowed the behaviour : a complaint to the licensing authority might also be in order.

If this was part of a planned private event, within the terms of their licence, then it is none of my (or anyone else's) business if kept private, but once passing members of the public can see : it becomes relevant to their licence.

The offence would be outraging public decency if the pople were doing anything that would cause fear or alarm. If there was sexual activity beween more than 2 people then that is a separate offence as far as the pub licence goes of keeping a bawdy house. The sexual activity would be indecent exposure.

• dx100uk changed the title to People naked in pub - i walked by with kids...