Large bank transfer not turned up, when is time to worry? **Resolved**

Craigbadger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry of this is not the right place.

My dad sent a large amount to me this morning via faster transfer. Was sent from his HSBC advance to my Co-op account. We set up the details the other day and sent £50 to test it was right and the payment this morning was via the automated phone system using the details which were already set up so they are 100% correct.

Its 9 hours since and no sign of anything my end, he is not home and comes from the 3 day transfer age so doesn't seem concerned but I am pretty worried as I know its almost instant now.

This must surely of been flagged up for further checks or something, HSBC did boot me out last year without reason so i'm hoping that is not an issue.

Does anyone know what might be going on or the process for this?. At what point is there a serious issue?. I do need the money fairly urgent so it is a pain. Should of just got him to draw £300 a day for a month.

:???:

It has probably "tripped" a fraud / internet banking s_cam alert.

The pattern of a small "test" transaction followed by a large transfer may have rung alarm bells.

You can also check if it was within the "faster payments limits", which vary by bank

http://www.fasterpayments.org.uk/about-us/transaction-limits

Can your Dad contact his bank to confirm it is legit & ask them when it will go through, and /or confirm if has been held at his bank's end or yours?

It has probably "tripped" a fraud / internet banking s_cam alert.

The pattern of a small "test" transaction followed by a large transfer may have rung alarm bells.

You can also check if it was within the "faster payments limits", which vary by bank

http://www.fasterpayments.org.uk/about-us/transaction-limits

Can your Dad contact his bank to confirm it is legit & ask them when it will go through, and /or confirm if has been held at his bank's end or yours?

Thanks.

I can't get hold of him now but I've checked my bank and they say they can't see any issues this end.

I know what you mean about the [problem] thing, I told him to ring and do it in person. I guess its to late in the day to do much now. I wish he'd carry his mobile grrr. Parents hey ;) won't be told.

will amend to thread title to add **Resolved**

Please also remember you may be able to assist other here that may end up in the same situation through your experience.

Thank You for coming back and updating your thread .:-D

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group