Pra group Claim form - old Mbna Credit card help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks!

So to recap I'm thinking I should email the court to confirm the end date to submit my defence? Why ? work it out from the dates...33 days form the date on the claim form (date bein day 1)

If no forms are returned by pra what then can I go to my local court and ask for it too be thrown out? No

Guess I don't like the waiting around for them to respond when the clock is ticking..clocks ticking for them also..patience

Thanks metalman

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers Andy guess I'll wait and see how it plays out claim date is 15/7 so I'll get my calendar out,just need some advice re defence before I submit but there's time yet

Metalman

16th August...plenty of time:-)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No the deadline is the 16th ...33 day from and including the 15/7..I would submit it Monday 15th..incase their website has problems.

They wont send anything back before your defence date..so start preparing now by looking at other successful defences similar to your claim.

Ok will do if anyone has any links or suggestions I'd appreciate it

I'll get behind the laptop first thing tomorrow and start looking

Suppose it's being a noob but any ideas on what a good defence is would be great

Metalman

got a reply today

pra returned £1 postal order for requested copy of agreement (CCA?)

saying they don't require it to action my request and they've requested this information.

On another note I've read elsewhere you should send the cpr 31:14 letter to the court as well as the solicitors?

Any idea what is next/calming words appreciated!

Metalman

well stop reading elsewhere and stick to CAG.

that is stupid

the court do not hold any documents....

next is already outlined in post 34

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi metalman

Don't read too much stuff elsewhere. You definitely do not send a CPR request to the court, only the solicitors.

The next move is to write a defence. Get reading up so that you at least have a feint grasp of what a defence is and how it fits your situation.

Once you've had a go at it, post it up here for Andyorch to offer some pointers.

EDIT: Sorry, I got in after DX.

Excellent thanks guy's I have a template defence letter ready which I'm going to sit down and take my time with

I'll put it up for (hopefully) approval, with enough time before the deadline of 15th August

Metalman

Excellent thanks guy's I have a template defence letter ready which I'm going to sit down and take my time with

I'll put it up for (hopefully) approval, with enough time before the deadline of 15th August

Metalman

Read through it repeatedly and try to get your head around the purpose of it and how it challenges the weaknesses in the claim.

I think the lack of formal demand before the ccj claim and so far lack of any proof there's a debt to answer will be definitely part of it

I'll be doing my homework that's for sure thanks sham

Metalman

pers i'd simply use the no paperwork/holding defence

KISS

keep it simple stupid.

is a very good saying

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you copy and paste your thread title into the search CAG box of the top red toolbar

all will be revealed.......

and they

As DX says - no paperwork, so no proof. Therefore, your defence asks them to prove it and also makes reference to your CCA and CPR requests.

Most of these defences are very similar, so just look around other threads and you'll see a common theme. It's pretty easy really....although may seem a bit daunting at first.

Hi all

i've uploaded the original court claim form i received,and uploaded my defence that i've put together.

I'd love your input if i've missed anything or put something i should'nt of.

Please be as harsh as you like as i'm more than a bit new to this!

Thanks,

Metalman

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg