DWP - 0345 6088545 - Long Times Holding - Do They Ever Answer?

tommy456
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday and again today i have tried to ring these people spent over 1hr on hold listening to that hideous music on repeat, and god knows only how much it has cost me for the privilege why isnt their number a 0800 free phone number if they can't be bothered to answer the phone? or they should have a system where you don't get put on hold being charged for nothing for unreasonable amount of time, who do we complain to?

It depends on which department you're ringing?

Plenty of links on line of how to go about complaining to them, and which department.

And don't forget to complain to your local MP about this shower too!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

ESA

Can't find who to complain to about the call centre , only the jc ect, and guess which number they list, you couldn't make it up you really couldn't they must be doing half days or something waited from 15:50 till around 16:25 today they are a joke , the older system was better and i would bet more efficient local JC numbers who sorted out claims

Local MP's around here are a bigger waste of time, even the local Limp Dumb MP voted for the benefit cuts Even though they apparently are said to work for us, i think someone got that bit wrong

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure

They make it deliberately frustrating and difficult to complain, in the hope that you either give up.

And I'm completely with you on the usefulness of MP's and politicians, mine also voted for the cuts to social security, but I still ensure I let her know exactly what I think and always complain, regardless, even when they ignore you, I just keep on sending them my complaints, just so they are aware of just how corrupt and rotten to the core they and their department really are.

Edited by Andyorch
edited

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just rang again and someone answered within 10mins, But their computer systems are down so can't access my records, asked to ring back later(when they don't answer) I'm also not happy about the waste of over 1min every time it uses the voice recognition to tell them why you are ringing (that doesn't work very well) having a choice of buttons is quicker and not as expensive

There might be a cheat code to bypass their draconian system so you don't have to use their voice recognition, which as you rightly say, doesn't work!

IMO I would forget using the hone, unless you can record the call? And keep everything in writing.

I was only trying to check to see if the fit note that handed in to the local JC to be scanned/emailed to ESA had been received and was on the system, So i know if i'm going to be paid on Friday or not,

Though i may as well just wait and see now, good job it wasn't more important eh?

Not sure about a cheat code, but the voice thing seems to be hit and miss, in that if i re dial it isn't there , also the announcement at the beginning re: referendum , Do some people really believe that the benefits would change, because vote leave won,? It's a further delay imo extending the recorded bs longer than needed

Well they have managed to out do themselves not only do they rarely answer the phone within a reasonable time-scale, but when they do answer their IT system isn't working , the DWP is broken, and i haven't been paid as i should have been So it was a pointless exercise taking the fit note to the local job centre , it would of been easier and i would have saved money on the bus fares as well they have had my fit note for over 1 week how can this not be on the system?

useless shower not fit for purpose,

There might be a cheat code to bypass their draconian system so you don't have to use their voice recognition, which as you rightly say, doesn't work!

IMO I would forget using the hone, unless you can record the call? And keep everything in writing.

If you don't say anything you will get through to someone. But I have found that the replies you get may or may not be right - I have received conflicting information from different people! And in some cases I knew more than the person I was talking to

If you don't say anything you will get through to someone. But I have found that the replies you get may or may not be right - I have received conflicting information from different people! And in some cases I knew more than the person I was talking to

That voice bs takes over 1 minute before you get offered the option to press the correct button gor esa ect , i have found that by clearing the call and re dialing you get the older menu to press the appropriate button for your enquiry type, i notice that they have an announcement regarding the Referendum and benefit payments not being affected , seriously are there some out their who would think that a referendum result would affect their benefits? surely no one is that foolish? i mean why would a referendum result alone change anything ? until or if we ever do leave the EU there's nothing to worry about even for a period of time afterwards as it would take time to change the rules, even then it would only affect non uk nationals maybe it was aimed at that group?

Last time a payment of mine went missing, the clerk in the jobcentre phoned me to tell me she'd contact the Benefit Delivery Centre on my behalf to sort it. Less than 5 minutes later, she rings me to say it's all done.

Now what phone number was she using to get through to them so fast when us poor people have to use the 'normal' numbers and wait..and wait..and call back..and wait..etc.

Now what phone number was she using to get through to them so fast when us poor people have to use the 'normal' numbers and wait..and wait..and call back..and wait..etc.

Probably an internal number that is not valid or recognised when dialing from outside the organisation.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Well I had to phone them in order to close my ESA claim the other day.

Normally I'd be on hold for at least an hour

but within 15 minutes I was transferred to the call operator!

Couldn't believe my luck!

Within 5 mins my claim was closed and the conversation was over.

So about 20 minutes all told.

Thank god I never need to hear that ridiculous holding tune again!

By far the shortest I'd ever spent when dealing with them on the phone.

Last time I phoned I got a very snarky operator,

when I inquired about my sick note status,

he relied 'NOPE NOT RECEIVED!" :-x

I was very worried as it was likely to be my last one and I thought surely they'll leave it till now to mess it up!...

I'm glad I'm no longer claiming, sending & worrying about sick notes & awaiting these medicals is torture for people.

.. no point in me even attending as anxiety and depression never get ESA full award.

.. I know it would just turn into an :argue: session and my quality life is getting better as I've left this corrupt system...

• 2 months later...

Well looks like others have had enough of the long time on hold as it often takes in excess of 20mins before you actually get to speak to someone , It will be interesting to see the stats , but they may use their get out of giving info excuse they use, the it would cost x amount ect ect and declare it not to be in the public's interest or similar

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/management_information_about_tel