What gives British Gas the Right!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm glad things look to be sorted for you Barbs.

If I were in your position I would just follow this up with an email to BG asking them to check their records of attempts to read the meter;

even if they only came twice a year the accuracy would be greatly improved.

Who knows it may come to light that they haven't got a meter reader appointed, which can happen

I know it's annoying to provide reads, but it would be a good idea to try and provide them with reads, even twice a year would be better than nothing :-D

Is the electric being read using the smart meter or are they estimating that as well? If they're estimating then they need to sort this out.

As the other guys have said, have a look around to see if you could get a better deal elsewhere

- have you heard about collective switching?

I just switched using one of these schemes and got a great deal

- they're often cheaper than what's available elsewhere on the market

My Electric is on smart meter from British Gas so its not estimated but they have sent a meter reader round as well but do not do the gas as the same time - very strange

they have to , to check for tampering.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would leave BG, they will be in touch quick enough when they get the letter from the new company. You then have time to change your mind if they agree to see sense. However, BG are the second worst supplier as far as customer service goes but most of the big ones are poor so it depends what can and does go wrong at your property as to how this affects you.

Leaving is the only way they will sit up and take notice and they have a dedicated retentions team to beg you to stay. Check with a comparison site how much you are currently paying and waht you could pay elsewhere. Even BG probably has a lower tarfiff it can offer you to keep you with them but doing nothing is never the right choice.