Jacamo problems

pjc71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi last november i lost my job since then i have only been paying reduced payments on my jacamo more than i can actually afford...Now we have had a letter stating recovery action will be taken against us unless we pay £566 and then £145 per month until it is paid off.. we are in a right state as since Christmas we have been with hardly any money and have had too use a food bank which we stated too jacamo but the threats continue.. we have been looking into a debt relief order as we have two other debts which was actually happy to accept lower payments for 6 months when i hope i will be back on my feet again...

thanks for reading and any advice would be greatful

Hi

When you got into financial difficulties, did you inform Jacamo of the fact. As they are threatening court action you could complain (in writing) that you are feeling threatened and harassed by their letters.

Include with your letter a basic income and expenditure form to show them what you have and make an offer which you can afford. If that is £1, well tough.

was the letter from Jacamo or their debt department or another agent?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

then tell them that you can afford (say) £5 a month and that is what you are paying until things improve. They wont take you to court because the most a judge will order you to pay is probably the same or less than your offer.

If they want to use debt collecotrs to harass you then you will find that you have a change of circumstances and the most you can now afford is £1 a month

Most definitely keep everything in writing from now on, and keep a diary of events also.

If they ring, laugh and hang up, repeat the process.

Their letters are purely psychological rather than actual, once that is realised they cease to have any effect or substance.

If they want to farm it out to a powerless debt collection agency, then more fool them as your payments will drop to the legal minimum of £1 a month for the life of the debt.

If what you're paying them now is not affordable, then STOP!

ONLY pay what you can realistically and comfortably afford to pay, this is NOT a priority debt, so can only ever attract the minimum token payment of £1 a month if it needs be.

Do your own I&E form, and work out what, if any, disposable income you have to pay towards your debts.

Can you list your other debts please and outstanding balance?

Has Jacomo added any fees/charges to the account? Are they still adding interest?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hi thanks for the help yes they are still adding interest, so basically I should just pay £5 a month and the only way they can come after me is if they go too court to go for a ccj

You need to tell them to stop adding interest and charges, otherwise it is completely pointless in even paying them anything more than £1 a month.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387436-Letter-for-consideration-regarding-Hardship-or-Financial-Difficulty

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!