British Gas - Ignoring Dispute (2 years later)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAGgers,

Since having left BG early 2015, I seem to have had a charge added toy account. Prior to moving I confirmed that my account was up to date (bar about £20 usage for the 2 weeks before I left).

After leaving, I was initially bombarded with calls from foreign call centres chasing a new debt for £140. Despite disputing this and reminding them that there's an open dispute from a few years earlier I was blatantly ignored.

In short:

1. Every call I made to BG was logged (transcribed against a date and time with persons name etc...).
  2. At some point in 2013, it was noted that I was quoted one set of unit rates, but when I checked my bills a year or so later, I was getting a whole other set of rates (about 70% more expensive). The actual call dating the unit quotes, reference number and persons name is logged...
  3. As at the time I was a user of theirs, and had some debt, the relied on that to pursue the debt rather than address the issue at hand. The temporary outcome for the price dispute came to a £50 refund (which is about £200 short of what I was missing).
  4. I contacted BG's CEO thanks to ceoemail's website and got a fairly friendly person to approach the situation. Despite trying he still insisted that £140 was outstanding.
  5. I contacted him again after discussing this after leaving, (sept 2015, also logged with the rest), I literally get no replied further from them...

As it stands, They've put a nasty marker on my new squeaky clean credit record which I managed to get back to health and no matter what I do i.e. call them, contact the CRA's, nobody is budging.

What's the best way to approach this? I was hoping that my clear and concise logging of each and every call, email and letter would clear the way for an easy transition but things still seem a bit grim.

It was suggested that i send the CEO a daily email to literally bother them into resolving the situation, but I feel that this could amount to harassment.

Any ideas as to how to dig my way out of their hole?

Cheers,

A

Hi CAGgers,

Since having left BG early 2015, I seem to have had a charge added toy account. Prior to moving I confirmed that my account was up to date (bar about £20 usage for the 2 weeks before I left).

After leaving, I was initially bombarded with calls from foreign call centres chasing a new debt for £140. Despite disputing this and reminding them that there's an open dispute from a few years earlier I was blatantly ignored.

In short:

1. Every call I made to BG was logged (transcribed against a date and time with persons name etc...).
  2. At some point in 2013, it was noted that I was quoted one set of unit rates, but when I checked my bills a year or so later, I was getting a whole other set of rates (about 70% more expensive). The actual call dating the unit quotes, reference number and persons name is logged...
  3. As at the time I was a user of theirs, and had some debt, the relied on that to pursue the debt rather than address the issue at hand. The temporary outcome for the price dispute came to a £50 refund (which is about £200 short of what I was missing).
  4. I contacted BG's CEO thanks to ceoemail's website and got a fairly friendly person to approach the situation. Despite trying he still insisted that £140 was outstanding.
  5. I contacted him again after discussing this after leaving, (sept 2015, also logged with the rest), I literally get no replied further from them...

As it stands, They've put a nasty marker on my new squeaky clean credit record which I managed to get back to health and no matter what I do i.e. call them, contact the CRA's, nobody is budging.

What's the best way to approach this? I was hoping that my clear and concise logging of each and every call, email and letter would clear the way for an easy transition but things still seem a bit grim.

It was suggested that i send the CEO a daily email to literally bother them into resolving the situation, but I feel that this could amount to harassment.

Any ideas as to how to dig my way out of their hole?

Cheers,

A

a) could you show a court (on balance of probabilities) that they money isn't owed, and thus that the adverse entry on your credit report is false?

b) could you show that you've asked them to remove a false entry that is adversely affecting you, that they have declined, AND that you've suffered a loss (or harm) as a result.

If so, send them a letter before action / L-B-claim (LBA or LBC), and if they still don't budge, sue them for damages for the loss.

Don't send them a LBA/LBC unless you are willing to follow it up with the court claim.