The European Union.....In or Out?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question: How do you tell if a politician is lying ?.

Answer: Their lips are moving..

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

This is going to be one dirty campaign. I can't see Cameron being able to lead his party as he is currently, whatever the outcome. If he wins to remain in the EU, i suspect a cabinet reshuffle with some kicked out for campaigning to leave the EU. If Cameron looses and the UK is to leave the EU, the Tories will try to get rid of Cameron with a leadership contest. They will want someone against EU to be negotiating exit. At this point the government may collapse, as many pro EU Tory backbenchers either resign as MP's or choose to sit as independents. There could then be an early general election.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This is going to be one dirty campaign. I can't see Cameron being able to lead his party as he is currently, whatever the outcome. If he wins to remain in the EU, i suspect a cabinet reshuffle with some kicked out for campaigning to leave the EU. If Cameron looses and the UK is to leave the EU, the Tories will try to get rid of Cameron with a leadership contest. They will want someone against EU to be negotiating exit. At this point the government may collapse, as many pro EU Tory backbenchers either resign as MP's or choose to sit as independents. There could then be an early general election.

Cameron has clearly said that he wont be leader again.

I find it strange that the news channels are saying that Boris choosing the out campaign has influenced a large amount of people to lean toward the out option.

WT Flip?

Why?

Whatever Boris goes for purely on behalf of his political ambitions (primarily) and his City buddies who would fund them (secondarily) should make everyone other than the Russian and South American crime Lords who own half of London and the Financiers who manage their money vote the opposite in my view.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Cameron has clearly said that he wont be leader again.

I find it strange that the news channels are saying that Boris choosing the out campaign has influenced a large amount of people to lean toward the out option.

WT Flip?

Why?

Whatever Boris goes for purely on behalf of his political ambitions (primarily) and his City buddies who would fund them (secondarily) should make everyone other than the Russian and South American crime Lords who own half of London and the Financiers who manage their money vote the opposite in my view.

Apparently EU exit rules allow 2 years as a set amount of time, with further time allowed subject to agreement with all other countries. Cameron would have to step down anyway by September 2018 to allow a new Tory PM enough time ahead of a 2020 election. A Brexit vote would probably mean Cameron resigning as Tory leader soon after but staying on as caretaker PM until the party chose a new leader. But it is possible that the Tory party might fall apart still split on Europe and a general election might follow within a year.

As for Boris, he is apparently facing investigations into various things as London Mayor. I can't see him taking active roles in the EU campaign or Tory party.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Apparently EU exit rules allow 2 years as a set amount of time, with further time allowed subject to agreement with all other countries. Cameron would have to step down anyway by September 2018 to allow a new Tory PM enough time ahead of a 2020 election. A Brexit vote would probably mean Cameron resigning as Tory leader soon after but staying on as caretaker PM until the party chose a new leader. But it is possible that the Tory party might fall apart still split on Europe and a general election might follow within a year.

As for Boris, he is apparently facing investigations into various things as London Mayor. I can't see him taking active roles in the EU campaign or Tory party.

Yes.

Regarding Boris - my point exactly

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2014/12/02/boris-johnson-refuses-to-face-investigation-into-land-deal

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2014/11/20/channel-four-allegations-reveal-a-darker-side-to-boris-johns

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/5614693/Boris-Johnson-aide-could-face-police-investigation-over-credit-card-claims.html

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

I am sorry to hear/see this is going to be a dirty tricks campaign.

If any of these issues were of concern, how come we didnt hear about them previously ?

I was also very surprised to see David Cameron slinging mud in the HoC.

This type of campaigning should be left to the Liberals and Labour.. they are far better at shovelling sh*T

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am sorry to hear/see this is going to be a dirty tricks campaign.

If any of these issues were of concern, how come we didnt hear about them previously ?

I was also very surprised to see David Cameron slinging mud in the HoC.

This type of campaigning should be left to the Liberals and Labour.. they are far better at shovelling sh*T

Most politicians are involved in some dirty campaigns, some more than others.

People just do not realise they are being manipulated.

Look at the Daily Mail over recent months. Before Prince William made a speech about international cooperation, which was interpreted as pro EU, the Mail mostly had articles about his good work. Since the speech there have been articles about him not being committed to either Air Ambulance work or work as a Royal. The mail knows many people like the Royal family and might agree with them, so they start having a go, if they think they are acting against the Mails political interests.

Some of the media and some very wealthy people connected to politicians believe that the UK free from EU political and economic shackles can become some sort of tax haven. Also they might think that the UK might not have to comply with various EU rules which they think affects them. Some of these rules regard competition policy, tax rules, EU arrest warrants etc. Some of the very rich with business/finance interests across EU and worldwide might think that the UK treasury is much easier to deal with, than have EU rules requiring more scrutiny.

If people vote for Brexit, they will see the gradual erosion of worker and consumer rights. The City of London financial centre will be back to work with the same bad risks being taken and the UK economy will again become too reliant on financial services.

David Cameron is actually for once standing up for the ordinary people in the country and mostly confirming the facts. Leaving the EU might not help control migration problems and might make it worse, as it could take 2 years or more, before any exit date is known. Also we don't know what Brexit means for the UK. It is a leap into the dark.

I have a slightly different perspective on this.

Why does it take a 'political advantage' on some 'important persons' part before this sort of dealings are highlighted?

The Tory Legacy

Why does he continually say our security will be better in Europe. Where was this security when the bombs went off on the tube or on the bus.

There will be no need to ditch things like the European arrest warrant, we have arrested and extradited at foreign countries request since forever.

They are also saying commerce 'could' half. Could being the operative word here, it could also double as we wouldn't have to ask Europe permission to set up reciprocate trade with other countries.

There are a million things on both sides to be considered but unless both sides come out with a list of advantages and disadvantages then we can't decide but as we are continually reminded, it will be a step in the dark, but then so was us going into Europe in the beginning, no one knew what would happen then but we stepped into the dark.

Nah, it won't stop raining :)

Or the wretched weeds growing :(

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Do you grow weed :)

:lol:

BCOBS

Even the voice which most people trust (unlike Boreis) is not going into his usual detail about why he is leaning toward an in vote

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/24/martin-lewis-eu-referendum-expert_n_9306736.html?ir=UK+Politics

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks