Robinson Way Court Claim and Application for Summary Judgment

alan7181
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I subscribe to Noddle a free credit score and report checking service. I can see that Robinson Way accessed my credit file in November. It is about a debt I had with egg about 9 years ago although I continued to pay £5 a month until 2011 so not statue barred. I had just managed to get a good score as the previous default occurred so long ago. They have started legal action again which means that a debt taken out in 2004 which defaulted around 2006 will be shown on my credit file for another 6 years if they are successful with the legal case. So all in all 12 years of no credit for me at sensible rates. This cannot be what the government intended with CCA legislation. Also can Robinson Way access my credit file without my consent ?

What do you mean... "They have started legal action again " ?

Has a claim already been issued on this debt and what was the outcome ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Confusing?

They cannot 'add' another default marker on your file, if it has already dropped off due to its age.

The default marker is nearly always reported on your file by the OC, and only reflects the DCA's name when they chase it or own it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I assume they accessed my file to see if it was worth taking legal action. As my credit file now looks good they have issued legal proceedings. They are currently seeking a Summary Judgement as the defence I submitted did not give a sufficient defence. I was struggling to find a defence as I did borrow the money and was unable to apy it back (and still am).

I would like to know who can access your credit file without your consent. Can I find my neighbours credit score ? Can I discover what loans my brother has taken out ? I thought you had to give consent before anyone could access your credit file e.g. when you apply for a loan you have to give consent.

They don't need your permission to access your CRF as the permission will have been granted on the sale of the debt too them.

If you have been issued with a summons then you need to act, when did you receive it? what are the POC? what defence did you submit before in order for them to issue proceedings against you?

Have you acknowledged the claim yet?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sorry I cant find the original claim form but here is my defence as submitted.I"t is denied that Mr................ entered into an agreement and

borrowed money from egg on or about Jannuary 16 2004.

Egg is not a company or a legal entity.

It is denied that any agreement exists to transfer the benefit of

any such agreement to Arrow Global Ltd.

It is denied that £5000 is now due to Arrow Global Ltd from Mr A

Naylor.

Any such agreement would in any case be now over 11 years old and

time barred.

I think I should add that they since sent a comprehensive set of documents including the assignments, the account statements showing my recent £5 per month payments etc. I don't seem to have the full original loan agreement only a copy of the first page with my signature. I don't have the full terms and conditions which state that the loan can be transferred.

Thread moved to the correct forum

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

This is hurting my head....

OK we've established that they can search and look at your CRF without your permission, which is what you originally asked.

Now you're saying they have issued a claim against you, you've responded and denied any liability and that, amongst other things, it's time barred.

But in the next sentence say they have sent you a comprehensive set of documents, and showing your £5 a month payments?

Including a signed copy of your CCA?

But you still deny liability?

If you didn't have any agreement with them, nor signed any agreement, then you should speak too the Police and report ID theft.

OR, you did have an agreement with them?

Most, if not ALL agreements, will state that they are entitled to pass or sell on the account to a third party for collection.

I'm struggling to see what your intent is with this?

Thread moved again in view of the application for Summary Judgment....Financial Legal Issues.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry I cant find the original claim form but here is my defence as submitted.I"t is denied that Mr................ entered into an agreement and

borrowed money from egg on or about Jannuary 16 2004.

Egg is not a company or a legal entity.

It is denied that any agreement exists to transfer the benefit of

any such agreement to Arrow Global Ltd.

It is denied that £5000 is now due to Arrow Global Ltd from Mr A

Naylor.

Any such agreement would in any case be now over 11 years old and

time barred.

You are going to have to let us know what has gone on with this account in order for us to advise correctly.

You say that the debt is time barred - this can only be so if you have made no payments or acknowledged liability for 6 years (plus a couple of months) from the last payment.

According to you, you have been making payments up to 2011 ?

Have a read of the link below and let us have the information requested - we can then move forward.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**

If they have applied for summary judgment then they believe they have a darn good bet on winning their claim.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

In 2004 I took out credit card with egg. In 2006 I agreed a payment plan with egg of £5 per month which I paid until 2011. In November 2014 Robinson Way accessed my credit file. I thought permission to access a credit file once granted only lasted for a fixed time say 6 years then had to be re-applied for. I know RBS once asked me for permission to renew even though I had given it once.

They then issued legal proceedings in Nov 2015. I sent the defence already shown in this thread. They have now issued a request for summary judgement. they have sent a comprehensive set of documents including the assignments, the account statements showing my recent £5 per month payments etc. I don't seem to have the full original loan agreement only a copy of the first page with my signature. I don't have the full terms and conditions which state that the loan can be transferred. Can they still get a summary judgement without the loan agreement terms and condition showing it to be assignable.

Once the debt was sold/ assigned, then the New owner of the account would have the right to access your credit files. I wouldn't think there is a fixed time for creditors being able to access your account - it will likely be reasonable to assume that whilst you owe them money - they can check your files.

If you were making payments up until 2011 - then the debt is NOT statute barred.

Based on the defence you posted up - I can see why they have applied for Summary Judgment - this is because they consider that you don't actually have a defence - if you believe you do, then you need to submit a witness statement disputing their SJ at least 7 days (I think) before the hearing is to take place.

BCOBS

to avoid summary, need to show 'triable' issues/'reasonable grounds/prospect' etc. as per CPR part 24 and associated PD.

seems it is not likely to be barred.

maybe then re execution (validity) of the agreement, with regard to the then s127 (3)(4) Con Credit Act?

service of a compliant default notice?

anything else

"maybe then re execution (validity) of the agreement, with regard to the then s127 (3)(4) Con Credit Act?

anything else"

I take it you are saying they should have issued a default notice and it should be included in the court papers. I have checked all the papers they have sent and there doesn't appear to be a Default Notice. is that what you are saying ?

"maybe then re execution (validity) of the agreement, with regard to the then s127 (3)(4) Con Credit Act?

anything else"

I take it you are saying they should have issued a default notice and it should be included in the court papers. I have checked all the papers they have sent and there doesn't appear to be a Default Notice. is that what you are saying ?

a def notice at the time of default from the original creditor is usually required if it was re s87...

the full claim details are needed though to help fully.

Alan, its established that this debt is not SB'd, that kills that side of your defence.

Robinson Way can access your credit file if its been assigned to them.

Every £5 payment you made up to 2011, restarted the 6 year clock, had you continued paying it would still be another 6 years.

The bottom line is that because you have been making payments, you have acknowledged that the debt exists, otherwise why would you have been paying it?

The defence you have submitted will be blown out of the water and this is why they have applied for summary judgement, which they will get.

Game over for you on this one i think, at least for the next 6 years while the ccj is on your file, unless you have any other defence.

I really cant see there is anything else you can do other than accept that you will have a ccj.

The outcome may have been different had you posted when you received the summons where help and advice could have taken you down a different route.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

fair point. they made the application re the defence already submitted.

things not mentioned in a defence (which therefore may not be considered. up to the J) may need to be sneaked in...

depends on the circs.

Found the claim form it states

"the claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendant (s) under a contract between the defendant(s) and Egg dated on or around Jan 16 2004 and assigned to the claimant on feb 28 2013.

Particulars a/c no .............(I have blanked this out but it is shown on claim form)

Date 3/8/2013 Default Balance value £5000 Post Refrl Cr Nil

TOTAL 5000.00"

That is all that is stated on Claim Form. The full application for summary judgement is around 50 pages and would be difficult to upload to this forum.

I don't understand why my defence that without the full terms and conditions of the loan it is not possiblke to prove that the loan could be assigned is a non starter. My defence states that it is not proven that the debt has ben legally assigned. Where have they shown that the assignment is valid. ?

If you want sight of that document then you should/could send a SAR OR, CPR 31.14 (I think?) to view what documents they have to rely on in court to win and get a CCJ against you.

However, I think your time would be better spent going over your income and expenditure, making a copy for the DJ, so you can make a realistic offer of payment on the day, instead of being told what you will pay each week/month.

It is more than likely that the OC sent you all of those docs prior to the sale of the account.