Screwfix/shoesmiths claimform - business debt covered by a pers guarantee

paulo1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was your exact role for this company ? Was it possible that you were seen as someone who would take personal responsibility for credit arrangements ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 5 months later...

need a little help.

i got a court date, but i missed it (long story)

then a letter arrived from the courts on a 'General for of Judgement or Order' Form No. N24,

i called the court office, they advised it was not a CCJ, and if i did not pay it would be processed for a CCJ.

i left it and waited to get some more correspondence,

this happened last week from the solicitor telling me to pay,

again i left it again and waited to see if i would get something from the court,

instead today i got a letter from from high court enforcement group, a notice of enforcement.

firstly is this enforceable as i did not and do not have a ccj from the court?

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

What was the wording on the N24 (order or judgement)?

Do you know you haven't got a CCJ against you?

You can have a County Court Judgment (CCJ) against you and settle it within 28 days

and it doesn't go into the register of CCJ's :

this may be what the court meant by "they advised it was not a CCJ, and if i did not pay it would be processed for a CCJ.",

which sounds like there was a judgment against you!.

Have you checked Trust Online?

Hi,

i have checked trust online, i have nothing issued again me.

the form n24 is a general form of judgment or order, the further down is states

'it is ordered that'

1, the defence shall be struck and pursuant to part 24 of the civil procedure rules, judgment given for the claimant in the sum of £xxxx,

2, the defendant shall pay the claimants costs in the sum of £xxxx,

3, the aforementioned sums shall be paid by 4pm 29th March, 2016.

Summary Judgment and you did not attend or object......you have a CCJ which is about to be enforced by the HCEO.

Pity you didn't keep your thread up to date......we could of advised re their application for summary judgment.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well that may be an error...but I can't see the HCEO getting involved if there is no Judgment.

Have you spoken to Northampton ?

Has the claimed been transferred to your local County Court for enforcement ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

it was transferred to my local county court, and this writ is from a different court.

n.b. if it is a CCJ? do i have 28 days to pay it to have it cleared? and also I just checked my credit file, there's no CCJ on it?

on the letter under enforcement details, it states, details of the court judgment or order or enforcement power by virtue of which the debt is enforceable, if this helps.

Do you know the date of the judgment ? although it looks like you out of time 4pm 29th March, 2016.

May be wise to get a payment plan in place or pay it off before the HCEO fees are added..the debt will increase.(if not already)

so it is enforceable then?

if i have to pay it i will just put it on a credit card and take the hit, but would i get a CCJ, that's what is confusing me the most?

Well its too late to question if its enforceable....you didn't attend the court hearing....so they have their Summary Judgment.

It does state payment by 4pm 29th March, 2016 ...4 weeks ago.

You may be lucky and avoid it being registered if paid in full today...no guarantees though.

Beware of High Court Enforcement fees which will add a lot to the amount already owed. Now you have the notice of enforcement giving 7 days notice of enforcement, if the debt is not settled or a payment arrangement agreed, there will be an enforcement visit where they look to take goods you own to sell. This might include any car you own on your driveway.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread