style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TRACE were the ones who said Marston had stolen it as had it been done legitimately it would have appeared in their system. Therefore it was reported stolen and he was forced to return it.

I am genuinly very concerned at what advice your partner has provided to his solicitor as this above comment by you is again at complete odds with the discussion that I had with your partner yesterday.

As I stated in my detailed post, your partner advised me that Camberwell Magistrates (or LCCC) had telephoned Marston Group to ask them to return the vehicle on the very simple basis that the court were to consider a Statutory Declaration the following day (11th September). If I misunderstood your partner in this respect then I do apologise.

As I hope I made clear in my detailed post, it would seem that there was a genuine misunderstanding about the application to court in 2013 and in no way at all was I blaming your partner. If the application was for a Statutory Declaration (which I believe that it was) then such an application would confuse most individuals. All of us on the forum are here to help and to provide accurate advice and assistance. That is what we all do very well.

I am sure that I speak on behalf of all regular posters on here by saying that we wish your solicitor good luck in pursuing this complaint for your partner and I do hope that you will update the forum as and when this matter is resolved.

Edited by citizenB

A last final post (I hope).

Your partner also stated that he had been unaware that a bailiff enforcing a Magistrate Court fine can force entry and furthermore, that an argument had broken out at the property because the bailiff has not provided him with a copy of the warrant from the court.

On the subject on whether or not a warrant needs to be shown, the legal position is that it DOES not need to be shown to the debtor and the reason for this is outlined in the following link which exhibits a copy of official guidance from Her Majesty's Courts & Tribunal Service:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?444839-Ministry-of-Justice-amends-contracts-for-court-fine-enforcement-with-new-fee-scale-and-updated-Forced-Entry-Provision.&highlight=forced+entry+procedure

I advised your partner that I was very suprised indeed to hear that your solicitor had been unaware that a bailiff is legally permitted to force entry to enforce non payment of a cout fine. In this respect I advised him that the Ministry of Justice had updated their Forced Entry Procedure guidance in July 2014. A copy of that document is displayed here:

Edited by citizenB

GHMummy

Rather than spend time arguing over misunderstandings, perhaps better to spend time getting the evidence together and trying to resolve with the court and DVLA.

Sounds like it was not your fault and you need to deal with why the DVLA still had you recorded as responsible for Insurance, when your Insurance company had taken over ownership following the claim settlement.

Edited by citizenB

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

What confuses me here is someone coming to ask for help when they already have engaged a Solicitor to act for them. Is the case therefore subject to Sub Judice and should we really be making comment? Secondly it appears to me the OP has come to pick a fight with some - I do find it all rather strange and think there must be more than meets the eye to all this.

Edited by citizenB

What confuses me here is someone coming to ask for help when they already have engaged a Solicitor to act for them. Is the case therefore subject to Sub Judice and should we really be making comment? Secondly it appears to me the OP has come to pick a fight with some - I do find it all rather strange and think there must be more than meets the eye to all this.

Think you could well be right. Not sub judice really as it has to be a current case in front of a judge. Not sure it is currently with a Judge. The OP needs to get hold of evidence that the error is not theirs and then appeal using it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You were asked not to post anymore yet you have continued to. I only managed to secure a solicitor yesterday hence why I asked for help. Now some Marston's employee is trying to make me look bad when the last time I posted was around 11! Yeah he told me!!! Point is we are right they are wrong end of discussion!!! Those who have genuinely helped (instead of picked a fight like some keyboard bully) I whole heartfelt thank-you. Oh further more get a life a real one!!!

Edited by citizenB

Thread has now been closed.

Edited by citizenB

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks