• Tweets

• Indians, traditionally known as avid savers, are now stashing away less money and borrowing more.View the full article
    • the claimant in their WS can refer to whatever previous CC judgements they like, as we do in our WS's, but CC judgements do not set a legal precedence. however, they do often refer to judgements like Bevis, those cases do created a precedence as they were court of appeal rulings. as for if the defendant, prior to the raising of a claim, dobbed themselves in as the driver in writing during any appeal to the PPC, i don't think we've seen one case whereby the claimant referred to such in their WS.. ?? but they certainly typically include said appeal letters in their exhibits. i certainly dont think it's a good idea to 'remind' them of such at the defence stage, even if the defendant did admit such in a written appeal. i would further go as far to say, that could be even more damaging to the whole case than a judge admonishing a defendant for not appealing to the PPC in the 1st place. it sort of blows the defendant out the water before the judge reads anything else. dx  
    • Hi LFI, Your knowledge in this area is greater than I could possibly hope to have and as such I appreciate your feedback. I'm not sure that I agree the reason why a barrister would say that, only to get new customers, I'm sure he must have had professional experience in this area that qualifies him to make that point. 🙂 In your point 1 you mention: 1] there is a real danger that some part of the appeal will point out that the person appealing [the keeper ] is also the driver. I understand the point you are making but I was referring to when the keeper is also the driver and admits it later and only in this circumstance, but I understand what you are saying. I take on board the issues you raise in point 2. Is it possible that a PPC (claimant) could refer back to the case above as proof that the motorist should have appealed, like they refer back to other cases? Thanks once again for the feedback.
    • Well barristers would say that in the hope that motorists would go to them for advice -obviously paid advice.  The problem with appealing is at least twofold. 1] there is a real danger that some part of the appeal will point out that the person appealing [the keeper ] is also the driver.  And in a lot of cases the last thing the keeper wants when they are also the driver is that the parking company knows that. It makes it so much easier for them as the majority  of Judges do not accept that the keeper and the driver are the same person for obvious reasons. Often they are not the same person especially when it is a family car where the husband, wife and children are all insured to drive the same car. On top of that  just about every person who has a valid insurance policy is able to drive another person's vehicle. So there are many possibilities and it should be up to the parking company to prove it to some extent.  Most parking company's do not accept appeals under virtually any circumstances. But insist that you carry on and appeal to their so called impartial jury who are often anything but impartial. By turning down that second appeal, many motorists pay up because they don't know enough about PoFA to argue with those decisions which brings us to the second problem. 2] the major parking companies are mostly unscrupulous, lying cheating scrotes. So when you appeal and your reasons look as if they would have merit in Court, they then go about  concocting a Witness Statement to debunk that challenge. We feel that by leaving what we think are the strongest arguments to our Member's Witness Statements, it leaves insufficient time to be thwarted with their lies etc. And when the motorists defence is good enough to win, it should win regardless of when it is first produced.   
    • S13 (2)The creditor may not exercise the right under paragraph 4 to recover from the keeper any unpaid parking charges specified in the notice to keeper if, within the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which that notice was given, the creditor is given— (a)a statement signed by or on behalf of the vehicle-hire firm to the effect that at the material time the vehicle was hired to a named person under a hire agreement; (b)a copy of the hire agreement; and (c)a copy of a statement of liability signed by the hirer under that hire agreement. As  Arval has complied with the above they cannot be pursued by EC----- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- S14 [1]   the creditor may recover those charges (so far as they remain unpaid) from the hirer. (2)The conditions are that— (a)the creditor has within the relevant period given the hirer a notice in accordance with sub-paragraph (5) (a “notice to hirer”), together with a copy of the documents mentioned in paragraph 13(2) and the notice to keeper; (b)a period of 21 days beginning with the day on which the notice to hirer was given has elapsed;  As ECP did not send copies of the documents to your company and they have given 28 days instead of 21 days they have failed to comply with  the Act so you and your Company are absolved from paying. That is not to say that they won't continue asking to be paid as they do not have the faintest idea how PoFA works. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Scooter.co.uk - AKA - Directbikes

Skeeter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have decided to open a new thread in regards to this company.

I purchased a bike from them on the 23rd of August 2015, trading under the name of 'scooter.co.uk'.

I had searched for complaints etc. using the aforementioned name and nothing came up so I proceeded to purchase one.

Having a fair bit of experience with Chinese branded bikes after living in China for nearly a decade,

my logic was that while there are many poor quality bikes around in China

there are also some good ones and if these are being imported and used on British highways, they must meet certain standards.

I cannot believe that they are being allowed to trade after the heavy volume of complaints and being featured on BBC watchdog.

I believe that this name changing serves a purpose ,

I believe that purpose is to make it much harder for someone to find complaints raised and discussed on the internet.

The first problem I have encountered was with the delivery.

I ordered on a Sunday using the additional service provided 'next working day delivery'.

The way that the FAQ describes how deliveries working, in my opinion, is extremely misleading.

Standard Delivery takes approximately three working days from processing the order.

Orders are processed at 11am each working day.

We can also offer Next Working Day Delivery and Saturday Delivery.

As far as I am concerned, putting the fact they can offer 'next working day delivery and Saturday delivery' at the end of this information

leads an individual to believe that this is separate from the preceding info.

I just bought a computer from an online retailer who word things in this way.

I ordered on Sunday evening and received it the next working day, Monday.

Why would I assume this would be any different.

I have argued this with Directbikes,

I felt they were extremely aggressive and tetchy in the tone of the emails

and said that 'next working day delivery' means if you order on a Sunday,

because they don't pick and process on a non working day means delivery is Tuesday.

Then they told me they refused to discuss the matter with me any further.

I put the payment into dispute with Visa.

After the bike was delivered I began finding various problems with it.

Attempts at contacting Directbikes seemed to fall on deaf ears

and I felt like those I spoke to on the phone were simply there to deflect me.

No one called me back and I received no email.

I decided to contact Visa again and report the additional problems with the purchase which I will now bullet:

The headlamp and rear tail lamp don't function

The foot well panels are not well fitted to the rest of the frame and cannot be tightened, the screws just turn around

- I consider them a hazard if you were to ride (from experience in China very A-Typical of an extremely poor bike)

The safety covers which surround the battery terminals don't fit and are too small as well as the housing cover not securing down firmly

- Again dangerous in my opinion

The fly screen will not fit to the bike using the provided fittings - botching a fit would again be very dangerous if it came off when moving

The certificate of conformity has not been printed properly,

you can see the marks where it seems to have jammed in a printer and some of the information is unreadable

- The DVLA stated in a call I made that if that is the case the documents would be returned and not registered, deeming the bike unroadworthy

There was a grey area in regards to a question requirement on the V55/4 form which asks for the CO2 (combined figure)

- The CoC contains no information, the DVLA stated I may be required to provide it and take the bike to a testing center to get the reading

- How am I supposed to get the bike there?

Why isn't it provided on the CoC and why am I paying hundreds to have it done?

I found a silver decal later on when moving the metal crate away,

upon opening it out it said 'directbikes' - From their website photos I now see it is the decal which is supposed to be in the front of the bike

This I haven't reported to Visa or DB yet as I found this as I am preparing the bike for return

but the seat doesn't lock down easily and feels like it could easily break off the hinge when open

The side stand sensor which immobilises the engine start button is temperamental,

sometimes you cannot start the bike without putting the stand up and down a few times.

I don't trust that packing in whilst riding or being out and getting stuck somewhere

There is some mileage on the clock which means it has been run before registration too,

never mind not new if they plate the bike, it is not new if there are miles on the clock when sold

So all in all not a happy bunny.

After giving these details to Visa and elevating the dispute

I decided I would send one last email to directbikes and assure myself I had given them every opportunity to deal with the problem.

The following day I received an email back, after I had started the dispute with Visa.

Directbikes told me they were sorry, informed me that all my statements are incorrect about legislation

and that even though I had been a very naughty boy and gone over their 48 hour window to report problems,

'as a matter of goodfaith' would accept a return and ask the courier to collect.

I told them that is wrong and I am only interested in following the laws, not their seemingly self serving 'ad-hoc' rules.

I would accept the return under the conditions the bike was faulty and cannot be put on the road.

I wanted to know beforehand to arrange pickup and that I would not be responsible for ensuring ALL of the packaging was put back on

given the day of delivery it was raining and all the cardboard got soaked.

Given they quote 'delivered to the roadside' any and all deliveries are at the whim of British weather.

I am a consumer in a residential address, not a company with a warehouse.

As far as I am concerned 'as a matter of goodfaith' suggests they are doing ME a favour and they did nothing wrong.

Means the bike is being returned on their terms, not mine and not the reasons I want to return it.

I have declined to return it without them confirming the reasons I am doing so.

I feel that they are attempting to manipulate me by getting me to return it by another method.

While you are expected to give a seller the chance to put things right I do not believe I am supposed allow someone to take advantage.

I have told them that the Visa dispute will remain in place because of this and that I will not communicate directly with them any longer,

they will have to go through the correct channels and do it through Visa from now on because I do not trust them.

That lack of trust is based on the weight of evidence built on the internet and appearance on BBC Watchdog and they way my own experience has gone

. They told me 'we are the number one bike seller in the UK confirmed by the DVLA and there are bound to be, wait for it 'A FEW' negative reviews.

We are sorry to hear you have experienced an issue. Your statements are incorrect.

By way of example; for any damage or shortage you are required to notify us within 48 hours of receip

t and state the damage / shortage on the delivery note.

You have not notified us of any damage or shortage prior.

You have not been overcharged for delivery,

you had placed your order on a sunday, our offices are not open on a sunday.

You have selected next working day delivery that clearly states 'Next Working Day (for order received before 11AM Monday - Friday)'

Despite this as a gesture of good faith, we have asked the courier to collected the bike,

please make sure the vehicle is as supplied along with the original packaging and paperwork under the seat.

Kind regards,

Direct Bikes

THE UK'S NO.1 SELLING 50CC SCOOTER CONFIRMED BY THE DVLA *

Thank you for your email.

We have the no.1 selling 50cc scooter in the UK in April 2015.

As you can appreciate we would not be able to achieved such figures if this was the case.

We always take any customer issues seriously and try and resolve.

As you can appreciate from time to time will will receive a negative review.

We have already agreed as a gesture of good faith with you to collect the goods and subsequently issue you with a full refund.

You have already agreed this to conclude matters .

We cannot issue you a refund without the return of the goods.

As advised we require to collect the goods so that we can issue you a full refund as agreed.

Kind regards,

Direct Bikes

:-x:mad2:

I think I have done everything right so far.

My next step on Monday will be to report the matter with trading standards now

because I refuse to be manipulated into playing by rules which do not appear to follow the legislation which exists.

If anyone else has any comments or suggestions beyond that which I have already taken, please feel free to let me know.

Mainly I wanted to ensure that anyone else considering a purchase finds it easier to spot the posts.

In the meantime of all this going on I have purchased a more expensive bike from a local reputable dealer

which is currently being plated and checked for me to pickup this afternoon.

I wish I had just spent a bit more in the first place now to be honest.

I do have one question,

in regards to storage of their property.

How long am I expected to keep it under my responsibility.

I would love to have the courier take it but I trust directbikes about as far as I could throw the bike I bought.

I am waiting to speak to Visa to see what they advise but I am unwilling to allow return if I am then essentially saying they did nothing wrong.

Hi and welcome to CAG

I take it you have read the other complaints here re Direct Bikes.

The Consumer Contracts Regulations override any terms and conditions DB impose, including reporting faults within 48 hours. What would happen if you received the bike on a Friday and didn't unpack it till the Monday. More than 48 hours have passed. You have at least 14 days to inspect and return if faulty and at no cost to you.

Ideally, what you want is a date for collection then get a receipt to show you have returned it. You can them email them with proof of sending whereas they should repay you straight away.

Watch out for a lower refund as I have a feeling they may not refund your delivery and collection costs.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Exactly, which is why I have chosen to advise them to speak to me via the Visa dispute instead. It was started because they didn't reply to me and now as far as I am concerned, the following has taken place:

They have only begun contact again since being informed a dispute is in place. Visa told me the payment will be transferred back within one working day and only taken again if they find I am at fault, not DB.

They have not confirmed I have any faults

They are suggesting they are doing me a favor and are accepting return for reasons other than those it is actually being returned for

They are operating outside of the regulations which exist to cover me which are stipulated in both the sales of goods act and the recent distance selling act

As such, and with the amount of already documented evidence against this company I am in no position obliged to trust them. I don't trust them and therefore will allow the legal experts dealing with the dispute, and those I inform at trading standards to advise my steps, I will not be led by a seemingly rogue operation.

If Visa tell me to give them the bike for return I will do so. I will, as a ehm 'gesture of goodwill' be prepared to drag the stillage out so it can be used to return the bike. I will not be responsible for securing it, providing straps for that purpose and nor will I be responsible for providing outer packaging which was delivered on a raining day and has obviously since been disposed of.

I'll be following up with this on Monday both with Visa and Trading standards. I have a good mind to contact someone else too in regards to whether it can actually be deemed lawful to be supplying a road vehicle which is not considered roadworthy. It would be a danger to both the rider and any pedestrians should something cause an accident. I always thought it was written that a dealer or private seller was not allowed to sell a vehicle new or used which was not roadworthy at the time of sale.

The DVLA actually list headlamps being non functional as an example of a vehicle being classed unroadworthy too.

Anyway, must dash for now. I am going to pick up another bike from a dealer which is deemed roadworthy and I can ride it away today without all this fuss. I guess I am lucky I have extra funds so I can play hardball and afford to have that money sitting in limbo for as long as it takes - FIGHT THE POWER!!

You seem to be on the ball with this one and know your rights. I would be great to see how this progresses over time and whether they fully refund or not and if not, what you do to rectify it.

Good luck with the new bike :-D

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

My understanding is that they will have 7 days to come and get it, beyond that if something happens the onus is on them for liability. After 21 days I believe it becomes my property although that could be 45. If that were to happen, which I doubt but if, I would arrange to have the vehicle disposed of and destroyed and then follow them up in court for the cost of doing so. I choose destruction because I would not wish to drop such problems onto another person and would feel forever guilty should I learn someone suffered an accident because of it. Quite fair really isn't it?

Indeed they were, I never saw it because I only moved back to the UK a few months ago and that was apparently reported under the name 'directbikes'. Scooter.co.uk must be a new name of operation and incidentally is also what appears on the transaction with my bank and with Visa. When I bought a Chinese bike in the UK, I didn't expect the same lack of service, care and quality one sometimes deals with when actually living in mainland China, no offence to China because there are some cracking Chinese brand bikes there with excellent service and reliability. In fact to be honest, even with a cheaper and poor quality bike in China there are so many guys on street corners repairing push and motorbikes that it tends to be pretty cheap and simple to sort things out. There is no MOT or safety requirement, at least enforced with bikes. I just don't see how 'directbikes' have been able or allowed to continue trading for this long. Fair enough if they'd had bad press in the past, sorted themselves out and now played ball. That is not what I understand to be the case though, what I see is a continual stream of complaints which are still being made and ongoing. They say they have the number one selling scooter in April 2015 in the UK. Okay so questions??? In that one month only and if not then over what time period from when? Annually? And further, just because a larger volume of people may have purchased their bikes over a given time period or even indeed just in April 2015 does not in my opinion mean that they have happy satisfied customers. It could just mean they literally sold more bikes. How many of those bikes are on the road now? What problems have people had? From reading it seems many, the other thread on here was only started the end of last year I think, not so long ago.

I'd be more interested in seeing other factors, not just a higher sales volume. Their bikes are significantly cheaper than the majority of other 'new' bikes. It also has to be factored in that many of those sales could simply be because of a tight budget, especially when you consider many teenagers and students use a scooter as a cheaper means of transport and the economy being what it is these days.

As a reply to my correspondence with them over: A - Faults and quality, B: Justifying my lack of faith or trust in both them and the bike itself based on existing facts, it is a very weak argument. Since when did the singular fact of being 'the best selling' challenge following the rules of sale, return and service?

I got my new bike today, it was really easy all be it more money. The had the plates on and had registered it with the DVLA for me before I arrived. The mechanics had checked everything and done a full PDI before allowing me to take it out. And there's another point to be made which I will also inform Visa and Trading Standards about. The PDI is as much a safety check as anything aesthetic or general. Do 'directbikes' perform a PDI and safety check? My opinion would be no. They obviously do something to them given it was supposed to have a chrome 'directbikes' decal on the front but I would have to assume that given the significant reports of problems, breakdowns and landing themselves on the No1 consumer action TV show broadcast in this country that not much of one takes place. Those bikes should be checked right before being shipped out to whoever buys them so that, bar a general safety check and walk around, they are safe to go straight out on the road. Even if you were expected to take the bike to a local mechanic or one of their 3rd party mechanics to do this, it would still require you ride the bike to that location in order to be carried out.

Oh another thing I forgot to mention. Another reason I am paranoid about simply returning this bike under their conditions is because I do not trust that they will then quickly take the bike into the workshop and fix the problems I have reported and try to say there is nothing actually wrong with it. I am going to convey with trading standards and Visa about that. I already took pictures and made a video of me attempting to turn on the lights etc. But it would be nice for a third party who is acting for TS or Visa to confirm the faults before 'directbikes' take it back again. I will keep you posted as things progress.

Made yet another interesting discovery while moving the bike to make room for the other one. I heard something rattling underneath, after feeling around to see what it was I discovered it is the fuel tank which is really loose and not fitted correctly. Honestly I do not understand how on Earth these bikes are actually being sold. I've made some videos which I will post up when I transfer them to my laptop. I just finished sending the story to the BBC. I've also decided I am going to ask a friend in the force to come and give his opinion from a being stopped point of view and see if he thinks it is roadworthy.

I wonder if DB actually see the bikes? I suspect they are packed in China (or India) in the case they come in with the details of contents on the box (or a number on the invoice to signify content) Then DB just flog em on without checking the bikes.

I also wonder if they have negotiated a price for the bikes that mean the manufacturer gets very little profit so employs very cheap labour who haven't a clue what they are doing.

Either way, DB should be doing a full PDI before shipment, (including starting the bike) and rectifying any issue found.

It's a possibility, it would explain a lot of things. It can be extremely difficult in China to get anywhere with a consumer problem and as I am sure you are aware, corruption plays its part in things as well. I have no idea about the regulations as things are coming into the UK as far as a road vehicle, but something isn't right here. Maybe they are supposed to be PDI'd prior to the point of sale, after all and I quote:

The Road Traffic Act (The Road Traffic Order in Northern Ireland) makes it illegal for anyone to sell a car that is not roadworthy. This applies equally to private sellers and car dealers. Anyone who sells an unroadworthy car may be prosecuted and fined £5000. If you are found driving an unroadworthy car, you can also get points on your driving licence, and even be fined.

If you've been sold an unroadworthy car, you can get the seller to put the problem right. You can also report them to Trading Standards, who may take action against them.

I'm pretty sure that the problems I have found deem this 'unroadworthy'. A loose and defective tank for a start. I made a video comparing the seat on my new bike and the 'directbikes' one, you can see from the video that it looks flimsy and wobbles around. I wouldn't feel confident riding if the seat moves sideways every time I turn a corner. The roads around the area I live a very rural and as such have lots of patches and potholes, imagine that thing popping open and moving to the side if you accidently hit a bump or pothole in the road, not a nice thought :sad:

The really sad thing about all this in my opinion is that it could be so different. China really does have some fantastic makes beyond the utter garbage which gets mass produced, even Prada produce a scooter over there for the Chinese market - big price tag of course but scooters are a big thing there.

Heres an idea

why not get a third party to examine the bike and produce a report

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

It's a Tommy.

I have played tennis email all day long with 'directbikes' today, they simply will not accept their terms and conditions are incorrect, despite trading standards talking to me at length today. They refuse to confirm I am sending the bike back as faulty. Their initial email said, 'we are sorry you have experienced an issue'? An issue? That could mean anything, maybe I had an issue with the colour I chose and then changed my mind. An issue!

Trading standards told me that the fact I have documented everything and sent several emails about faults it doesn't matter anyway. They have opened a case file and will await my input as to how the return progresses. They are collecting the bike on Friday and it'll be up to the courier to ensure safe transit. Visa have already taken the payment away from them so I care not about them deciding when they refund, its done.

'Directbikes' were featured on Watchdog in 2008, since then there appears to have been a progression of complaints which follow a theme posted online, it is now 2015!

'Drectbikes' have categorically stated in several emails now that their policy is a 48 hour window to check their products for any defects or faults and so this return of mine is being deemed by them as essentially 'a favour'.

Not that they have a cat in hells chance of actually enforcing such a blatant disregard for not one but two pieces of legislation of course but I have a question, especially to anyone who works within Trading standards. What the hell is going wrong within their system that allows a company to continually break those rules and continue trading? If they're being fined and simply paying the fine but still break the rule because it is worth it then the system is broken and needs amendment. If the people responsible for it and those with the power to amend it do nothing, then my opinion is they are as guilty as those who pay it no heed. Rant over.

The simple fact with any Regulatory enforcement agency, anything from Trading standards, Health and Safety Executive, to catching people who evade tax

The inspectors have been cut to the bone

It is now the wild west out there with very little chance of being brought to book from the very regulatory services employed to protect us

The distance selling regs give you 7 days to "inspect" the goods and then send them back without having to give a reason. This return can be by them collecting the item as it is too large to post. As it is faulty they have to pay the return costs anyway. Make this clear to the card issuer when they come back to you and say the DB have denied any problem with the sale, bank staff are not always that clued up on what the law says.

Correct, also under the Sale of Goods Act you have a statutory right to return something and get your money back if it's faulty. You have 3 weeks, 4 depending on the item and a motor vehicle definitely qualifies.

I have this one was yours a 50cc sports scooter?

Bike06_DB50QT-5_Blue_0001_zpsls4dwyxd.jpg

Figure out which disgruntled customer I am then yet? I'm guessing you work at DB, considering your one and only post to the forum is a question asking which bike I bought. :lol:

Well, the bike was collected yesterday by a courier. I'm guessing an actual employee of DB as the van was hired and he had comments regarding the footwell panels which would 'flatten over time' 'it's normal'. Nevertheless it has to be said he was polite and accommodating. We signed two receipts his copy and mine, for the bike and I received an email this morning to say a full refund has been issued and I should allow 3 to 5 working days.

I'm guessing my knowledge of legislation and resolve is the reason this has been dealt with so swiftly and in my favour. So my advice to ANYONE who is currently involved in a dispute or finds themselves involved in one in the future is to 'stand your ground' and 'know your rights'.

I hope the people who created the other threads here who are having problems get things sorted.

Well done Skeeter for your perseverance over this. I won't mark this thread as resolved until you get back every penny you spent with Direct Bikes.

I hope that you will stick around for a bit to help others who may be in similar situations. You do come across as being quite knowledgeable and this forum needs more like you.