Fit note and ESA payment help

Sweetpeaa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have a fit note expiring soon and an ESA payment due a few days afterwards.

I'm going to be caught on the hop as:

(a) problematic getting a GP appointment around the right time

(b) getting it to DWP quickly and actioned in time for my next payment.

© worried claim might get closed if fit note gets misplaced!

Meanwhile my positive tribunal decision is caught-up in an uncertain back-log.

Phone the ESA people to see what they advise. Perhaps you can pick up the sick note and get it faxed off to DWP, so they can process to ensure no delay.

During the school holidays getting GP appointments can be very difficult. Phone your practice to see what they suggest.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

HI

unclebulgaria67

DWP just say I still have to submit them until HMCTS decision is input. (no help in short-circuiting the fit note process)

Nystagmite

Reception wants an appointment to be booked with Doctor (but can only book so many future days ahead and if booked-up can't book far ahead either)

estellyn

My worry is DWP says to wait NINE working days after sending in a fit note in-order to make an enquiry.

Can't be sure what phone monkey says these days.

It is true that a fit note can take a while to work its way through the DWP's mail system, but regardless, your claim will not be closed. If a fit note expires, payments are not issued until one is received and processed, but the claim remains open and you'll get paid once it's sorted.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It is true that a fit note can take a while to work its way through the DWP's mail system, but regardless, your claim will not be closed. If a fit note expires, payments are not issued until one is received and processed, but the claim remains open and you'll get paid once it's sorted.

Hi antone

My worry is DD's will bounce with associated costs and no ££ to live either. (shame am put in this predicament)

What am I suppose to do, surely there is a limit to these things? (where's the care?)

You need to plan ahead a little. It doesn't matter if fit notes overlap, what you don't want is any gaps. I always arranged to see my GP at least a week if not ten days before the note ran out. That way the replacement is sent in plenty of time. Use a diary or calendar to mark off when the note expires and when you need to see your GP for a new one.

Depending on your condition, it may be possible for your GP to give you a fit note without actually seeing you. You can just collect it from the practice reception.

If it is something long term, it is likely your GP would be able to provide you with the fit note without you having an appointment.

You say the receptionist wants you to book an appointment with the doctor. This MAY be the receptionist just being plain lazy so that they don't have to send notes / email / phone / speak to the doctor.

Perhaps contact the reception again explaining you need the fit note because of your finances.

But as I say, it all mainly depends on your illness whether your Doc will do this

There are some GP's who will always insist on seeing you when you need a new fit note, not because they are trying to be obstructive, but because that's the way they do things, they may see it as being more thorough than just giving out fit notes without seeing patients,

Thanks for replies (RaeUK p3t3r tommy456)

My GP practice wants to see patients first and won't issue a fit-note until the current one expires.

If only DWP inputted my Tribunal decision I wouldn't be in this position.

• 2 weeks later...