Data Protection or just wrong

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI all, my wife works as a Bank Catering assistant with the NHS. We also have a little one we arrange childcare for.

My wife rolled into work today and her supervisor asked her if she could work an additional day per week, she also said that she had cleared this with the childminder first so that wasn't an issue. To add my wifes supervisor and our childminder are sisters.

Surely on both counts it much breach some kind of regulations/policies. Both my wifes supervisor or our childminder shouldn't be discussing my wifes hours or availability prior to having the conversation with my wife.

Just wondered what the best course of action is here. IS this wrong??

Her boss shouldnt even know who the childmander is unless your wife gave contact details for an emergency.

This isnt an emergency and as you say, her availablity for work is notheing to do with anyone else.

If I were your wife I would be saying no as a matter of principle and make a complaint to both the manager of the supervisor and to the manager of the nursery.

I would also be moving my child as you can bet that if this has been done other things will be discussed as well.

Possibly is a "nosey parker" talking about her behind her back. But maybe a bit of an over reaction to say any data has been breached. You obvs know they're sisters boind to discuss work etc. It's upto your partner to tell her she doesn't eant to work. Something along the lines of "no thanks that's our day when we do xyz etc.

manager asked childminder if available to take care of our daughter on said extra days, childminder said OK to work, manager asked my wife to work and said she OK'd with childminder, first time my wife knows is when she gets asked to work, which as bank staff she can or she cant its her decision. Just feel she has been cornered here as manager says its been verified by childcare your available. Must stress no permission was ever given at any stage for them to discuss arrangements

they shouldn't have discussed arrangements concerning your wife.

but if you were to complain about this, what outcome would you expect from the complaint? the only outcome i see is that the supervisor may or may not get a warning, but in any event its likely to cause animosity within the workplace as well as the childminder.

bank staff within NHS can simply say no to extra work. no reason is needed.

No offence intended but i think you are over reacting. She's not been cornered obvs she's a grown woman and can tell her boss she's not available whichever day. And the prrvious poster is right nothing in dpa about nosey parkers. But there is reasonable intereptation in life. Would you not tell your wife/hubby etc you'd chatted to her best pal earlier in tesco in case she took the hump not wanting anyone to know she shopped at tesco....just another ridiculous scenario.

Yes definite over reaction. It is her choice whether she wants the extra hours or not.

Your wifes supervisor just thought she was being helpful and to make this into an issue would be very unfriendly.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread