Work focused interview information

ukquest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, I just have some questions in regards to my ESA work focused interview next Monday. I am in the work related activity group. I have searched on Google but it kind of hard finding the answers.

Questions:

1. How frequent are these interviews? Does it depend from person to person or not?

2. If they offer you a work placement or some training scheme do you have to go or is it optional?

3. It says on the letter what have you done to prepare for work since your last work focused interview..I have got a certificate in retail and I have started taking driving lessons for work purposes. Is that good enough?

If you know the answers I appreciate it you could reply.

Thanks Tom

Thanks Honeybee. I searched CAG. There are plenty of posts to look through which helped. However, there are a lot of conflicting reports whether its mandatory to do some voluntary work or put you on a training Programme. Can someone please clarify this? Thank you.

In answer to your questions:

1) It varies from claimant to claimant, and from adviser to adviser. The rule used to be "not more often than once a month", though I think that's been quietly dropped. They should take into account your personal circumstances: how your condition affects or limits your ability to work and so on. Also, WRAG claimants can, in many circumstances, be referred to the Work Programme. We've had varying reports of how that has been for ESA claimants.

2) As an ESA claimant you can't be mandated to apply for or accept work (paid or unpaid), go on training courses, or undergo medical treatment. So no voluntary work unless you want to.

3) I would say that's fine. They have limited powers to sanction ESA in any case, at least as long as you actually show up for appointments when required.

As a general rule while on ESA, anything you're asked to do by a JC adviser or a WP Provider must be "reasonable in your circumstances". That is, it must take into account any limitations your condition places on you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

In answer to your questions:

1) It varies from claimant to claimant, and from adviser to adviser. The rule used to be "not more often than once a month", though I think that's been quietly dropped. They should take into account your personal circumstances: how your condition affects or limits your ability to work and so on. Also, WRAG claimants can, in many circumstances, be referred to the Work Programme. We've had varying reports of how that has been for ESA claimants.

2) As an ESA claimant you can't be mandated to apply for or accept work (paid or unpaid), go on training courses, or undergo medical treatment. So no voluntary work unless you want to.

3) I would say that's fine. They have limited powers to sanction ESA in any case, at least as long as you actually show up for appointments when required.

As a general rule while on ESA, anything you're asked to do by a JC adviser or a WP Provider must be "reasonable in your circumstances". That is, it must take into account any limitations your condition places on you.

Thank you Antone for your answers. I really appreciate your help

:ukquest:

Yes, the number of work focused interviews varies from claimant to claimant at the discretion of the work coach. The purpose of work focused interviews is to create or follow up an action plan to help you prepare for work. After that, dependent on your circumstances and the recommended interval before reassessment of your claim, you may be mandated to the Work Programme or work related activity via the Jobcentre.

Here's the crib sheet used by the work coaches;

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/support_for_claimants_with_healt#incoming-593191

(You need 04 NJWFI v 15)

Best wishes, Margaret. :panda:

I have to attend once a month I'm afraid. It is a strain but I'm lucky the woman who deals with me is very nice and doesn't push me to do anything but I still dread it every time I need to go,as part of my illness is that I hate going outside. It's not exactly agrophobia but it's similar.