Cabot /? Claimform - OPUS/CITI credit card 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

very similar to /forum/showthread.php?432889-Claimform-Cabot-Weightmans-old-citi-card-debt

help please!

about 5 years ago i i was in financial difficulties due to nat west calling in a business mortgage and overdraft

thinking i was going bust i asked all my creditors to give me a copy of the credit card agreements. Citi visa card returned my £1.00

and stated it was unenforceable if the debt went to court. I have now been issued a court summons. i have complied with the

courts by saying i wish to go to court. I have till the 16th April 2015 to put give the courts my defense and I also need to contact

cabot regarding the case - i still have the original statement from citi stating its unenforceable in a UK court and they seem to have

sold the account to another lender. I ask for any advise regarding the case and if you need any more information please ask

thank you

facts about the case

15 Nov 2010 (part of the letter) citi stated that in line with recent OFT guidance your credit card is unenforceable . "Enforceable" is a legal term meaning that a lender is not entitled to commence legal proceedings against you for the outstanding sums

original creditor on the claim form Opus Credit card (though this is not true - it was the associates which change the name to citi visa

claimant Cabot financial

acknowledgment service sent and dated 18-3-2015

last payment made was may 2010

if anybody can give me good advise please reply in this forum

thank you

Edited by keltic10

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Please would you have a read of this and post up the information on this thread? It will help the guys to advise you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**%281-Viewing%29-nbsp

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

If that is your real name it may be wise to request a Username change.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

the following information:-

Name of the Claimant ? CABOT FINANCIAL UK LIMITED

Date of issue – 6 MARCH 2015

Particulars of claim

1. The defendant entered into a credit agreement described by the original creditor As Opus Credit Card-credit card

and having account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(“the account”)

2. The claimant, a UK limited company with company number 3757424,

is the assignee and legal owner of all rights previously enjoyed by the original creditor in respect of the account.

3. The Defendant is indebted to the claimant of 14459.28

4. The claimant claims the said some of 14459.28 plus costs

value of the claim? 14459.28 + costs

Is Credit visa (Original creditor was citi visa not opus as stated in the particulars?)

account began Before 1998

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor (particulars state it is but this is wrong)

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. CABOT

did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not that I am aware

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ?

no but sometimes a statement of account (only a few)

The figures went from July 2011 £11539 to Sept 2013 to £14345

ceased payments because of Financial difficulties

last payment May 2010

Citi visa could not find the original agreement so they stated it was unenforceable

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? no

I sent on the 29 dec 2009 for the credit agreement with the original creditor,

I received a reply many months later - 15th November 2010 to state they good not find it

and the account was un enforceable (I can provide a copy if required?)

I have the original letter from Citi visa in 2010 stating the account is unenforceable

Question do I tell the claimants solicitor in writing that

I have this or should I tell them this with a copy of the letter??

fat chanc in hell of ever getting the agreement

and the correct T&C's

follow that other thread

defend all

leave juris unticked

get a CCA request off to cabot

and a CPR to the dols [who are they?]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cabot getting greedy yet again. They really should be reprimanded over this

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i asked the original creditor for the agreement in 2010 and they replied stating they could not find it and the account is unenforceable

Do i tell CABOTS Solicitor about it and/or send them a copy

thank you

I would save it for your defence and disclosure

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

CPR 31.14 and a section 78 request your next task keltic10 ...templates in the Library.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

keltic10

Please do not post templates to threads...they are for members only and there is no need to post it anyway as we are all aware of the contents of CPR 31.14.

Regards

Andy

get that CCA request

off to cabot

blank £1PO don't sign anything

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Particulars of claim

1. The defendant entered into a credit agreement described by the originator as Opus CREDIT Card – CREDIT Card AND HAVING ACCOUNT NUMBER XXXXXXXXX (“THE ACCOUNT”)

2. The CLAIMANT, A Uk Limited Company with company number 3757424, is the assignee and legal owner of all rights previously enjoyed by the original creditor in respect of the account.

3. The defendant is indebted to the claimant in respect of the sum of £xxxxxxx The Claimant claims the said sum of £xxxxxx, plus costs

####Proposed Defence####

1.Paragraph 1 is denied. The Defendant has no knowledge of, or has in their possession any agreement pertaining to the account number referred to in its Particulars of Claim.

2. Paragraph 2 is denied I have no knowledge of any legal assignment.I have never been served any Notice of Assignment from either the original creditor or the claimant pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925.

3. Paragraph 3 is denied It is not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the original creditor; and

b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

c) Show or evidence a Default Notice /Notice of Sums in Arrears,

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5.Despite a request being made under the consumer credit Act 1974, for the agreement and the other documents referred to in the Statement of Particulars, and on payment of the statutory fee of £1.00; the Claimant remains in breach of the sec78 request.

6.A further request made via CPR 31.14, after the claim had been issued, has also failed to elicit a copy of the agreement and other documents on which the Claimant claim relies upon.

7.Until such time the claimant can comply with the above sec78 request is therefore prevented from enforcing or seeking the relief claimed or any relief.

Edited by Andyorch
Amended.

.Despite a request being made under the consumer credit Act 1974, for the agreement and the other documents referred to in the Statement of Particulars, and on payment of the statutory fee of £1.00; the Claimant is still in breach of the s78 request.

i have not posted this yet do i send it to cabot/opus or the original debtor?

but i already did

in 2010 with the original debiter who stated they could not find it so they stated the debt un enforceable do i use this instead as part of the defence

Edited by keltic10

Or should I do my defence like this?

DEFENCE

I xxxx xxxx am the Defendant in this action and make the following statement as my defence to the claim made by Cabot via weightmans llp.

1. The Defendant has no knowledge of, or has in their possession any agreement pertaining to the account number given in the Particulars of Claim. In fact i have a letter from the original creditor stating that the debt is not enforceable to section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974

(my request was made 29-12-09, my reply was 15-11-10)

and i state that Opus was not the original creditor as stated by the claimant.

2. Paragraph 2 is denied I have no knowledge of any legal assignment.I have never been served any Notice of Assignment from either the original creditor or the claimant pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925.

3. Paragraph 3 is denied It is not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

c) Show or evidence a Default Notice /Notice of Sums in Arrears,

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedureicon Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5.Despite a request being made under the consumer crediticon Act 1974, for the agreement and the other documents referred to in the Statement of Particulars, and on payment of the statutory fee of £1.00; the Claimant is still in breach of the s78 request.

6.A further request made via CPR31.14, after the claim had been issued, has also failed to elicit a copy of the agreement and other documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim.

7. The Agreement cannot be enforced against the Defendant without an order of the court by the reason of the fact that both the Original Creditor and the Assignee remain in default as set out above and by reason of Section 78 of the Act.

Edited by keltic10

4pm weds its due [+1 day for B/H]

and they

post 10 you've a few days yet.

don't worry

and they

as post 13

you must post off a new CCA request if the last request was several months prior to the claim

and not ever to the claimant in the first place

and they

Interesting question.

That letter will obviously come in handy for your defence.

Cabot have legal obligation now to provide the cca, so I would send them one. Nothing like digging them a nice hole to fall into. Await confirmation from other first.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Requires a little work Keltic...I will have a look at it tomorrow.....do not submit it as it is.

Andy