Parking Eye Claim Form - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a Parking Ticket from Parking Eye back in October 2014 and I have just now received a claim form from County Court Business Centre.

The original parking ticket pictured me entering the car park at night at around 9pm and then leaving again at around 7am the next day. This was actually 2 visits to Asda and not one long stay.

I decided to ignore the ticket firstly because I don't see why I should take the time to respond when I have not out stayed my welcome and secondly I wanted to see if the advise online to ignore the ticket was correct.

I will acknowledge the claim form today letting them know I wish to defend myself based on the fact parking eyes claim is false.

I would like to know if its worth entering a counter claim for time and expenses when defending myself?

I've seen this before, on the telly I think, where there are two visits but they only use the in of the earliest and the out of the later and then made a claim you stayed that long. A ten hour shop as Asda overnight would take a big truck to carry home.

Hi,

I received a Parking Ticket from Parking Eye back in October 2014 and I have just now received a claim form from County Court Business Centre.

The original parking ticket pictured me entering the car park at night at around 9pm and then leaving again at around 7am the next day. This was actually 2 visits to Asda and not one long stay.

I decided to ignore the ticket firstly because I don't see why I should take the time to respond when I have not out stayed my welcome and secondly I wanted to see if the advise online to ignore the ticket was correct.

I will acknowledge the claim form today letting them know I wish to defend myself based on the fact parking eyes claim is false.

I would like to know if its worth entering a counter claim for time and expenses when defending myself?

You have not seen any advice on here telling you to ignore PE in the last year....

By not responding to PE or complaining to Asda you have brought the time and expense on yourself im afraid.

You had better have a read of the Prankster;

http://www.parking-prankster.com/home.html

I would be getting on to ASDA not how customers should be dealt with

Complain to CEO Andy Clark

Post on social media

Shop at ASDA and get a free county court judgement

Defend all of the court claim

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

You have not seen any advice on here telling you to ignore PE in the last year....

By not responding to PE or complaining to Asda you have brought the time and expense on yourself im afraid.

Maybe not on CAG but at the time all of the google results said ignore ignore ignore.

Am I really obliged to respond to PE based on their mistake?

Thanks for the reply

If they issue a claim, and you dont respond, things become much much worse. However, the claim is very easy to defend and you have a guaranteed defense which will win every time.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Maybe not on CAG but at the time all of the google results said ignore ignore ignore.

Thanks for the reply

CAG doesn't show up on Google then?

How are PE supposed to to know they made a mistake if you don't tell them?

CAG*doesn't show up on Google then?*

of course CAG shows up on google. I don't see where you are going with this?

Edited by Ste713
correct quote tags

Thanks for the reply

of course CAG shows up on google. I don't see where you are going with this?

I don't see how you can say all the advice was to ignore. Ignoring has not been recommended for nearly two years now, and just entering the words Parking Eye into google now, brings up plenty of forums and advice that is do not ignore...

And you have been a member of cag for some time but did not check for advice here? Until now of course.

If someone claimed I owed them money but I did not due to their mistake, then I would tell them so... otherwise they would not know they were wrong would they?

You must now acknowledge the claim and defend in full.

You now have to put some time and effort in and a start would be reading up on the Pranksters website in the link in post #3

CAG doesn't show up on Google then?

PE know theyve made a mistake.... because theyve issued a ticket. It's that simple.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I don't see how you can say all the advice was to ignore. Ignoring has not been recommended for nearly two years now, and just entering the words Parking Eye into google now, brings up plenty of forums and advice that is do not ignore...

And you have been a member of cag for some time but did not check for advice here? Until now of course.

If someone claimed I owed them money but I did not due to their mistake, then I would tell them so... otherwise they would not know they were wrong would they?

You must now acknowledge the claim and defend in full.

You now have to put some time and effort in and a start would be reading up on the Pranksters website in the link in post #3

The first result in google, when using the criteria 'parking eye ticket', says ignore. I didn't just ignore them based on that. I did it to see what would happen if ignored as I know my defence is strong.

Also, this isn't just a friend or a neighbour saying I owe them money. This is PE sending nuisance letters to my home address. Letters which surely I am not obliged to respond to ?

Anyway, I know to acknowledge and defend. I think I said that when I opened the thread. My question was is it worth entering a counter claim?

A counter claim for what? You've ignored them up until now, so it hasn't actually cost you anything yet. You defend the claim in full, and when you win, you can claim for your costs of attending court. It's capped, so unless you're Richard Branson you should be able to recover a full day's lost wages for attending court, plus a few quid for travel expenses, parking etc.

Not worth entering a counterclaim as you havent suffered a wrong. You will get your costs back when their claim is thrown out.

In the meanwhile there are things you can do that will make PE withdraw their claim. Firstly when you made the 2 visits did you pay for items using your debit card? If so that will knock their claim aiout straight away.I would be writing to both them and Asda saying that you have proof that PE are "double dipping" with their claim of an overstay. Also, demand from PE copy of every car's entrance and exit images between the first and last timed events (your car entering and leaving) and tell them that you left at 9.xxpm and arrived the next day at 7.xx am. Also , get wintesses to agree to attend court to say that your vehicle was elsewhere between those times. Tell PE that you intend to bring witnesses and that their statements will be written up by a paralegal at £70 per statement and full costs will be claimed. They wont be able to provide the required photographic evidence (wont want to as it shows the shortfalls of their system) but unless they know that you are saying that they have amalgamated 2 separate events they wont even countenance halting the process.

Find examples of others who have successfully beaten PE and others at this game and quote the cases. All available if you do a search. The parking prankster's site is a good place to start with previous examples