Champion soccer debt threatening court action

parsons1985
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I have seen this a few times on here but before I send my reply to this people I wanted some advice.

Played for a 5 a side league for a few months but

recently started to have to cancel games as didnt have enough players,

the season finished and we quit the league but

now I have a letter stating that I Owe £250 and if its not paid by Feb 5th

they will make an application to Northampton county court to recover the fees and

that "in addition my credit rating with be negatively affected".

The games we couldnt play

we informed them well in advance and

on the application I have signed it only states about paying for all fixtures

but no figures are mentioned or any fees for not playing a fixture,

Do they have a leg to stand on or is this just a simpl threat to try and scare me into paying them?

Thanks

Owen

Edited by parsons1985

Ive saved it as BMP and PNG but it just uplaods as a jpeg.

All it says on the form i signed that is needed is..

" i accept full responsibility on behalf of my team to fulfill and pay for all fixtures for the season/s"

"I accept that once the fixtures have been done I cannot withdraw until a replacement team is found. I agree to abide by the rules of the competition and am over 18 years"

They seem to be threatening by saying things in the letter like.. "PLease be aware in the likely event of our application being successful, you will be liable for the court costs, in addition to your credit rating being negatively affected"

Edited by parsons1985

Whoopsie...too much personal info on those :/

Site team will give advice on this one. I personally havent heard of any company like this actually going to court.

They will give advice on this so no rush :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hello

Got a letter from a 5 a side league I used to play in threatening to take me to court over 250 pound owed for canceling a few games we couldn't make. I emailed them basically telling then how bad the company was and that I wouldn't pay all the debt as it's unfair and suddenly they halved the amount owed.

Is this likely to ever go to court of is it just a threat to try and scare me into paying?

I have signed something at the beginning but it's a very basic starter from that doesn't include and figures. The only bit of there that maybe considered is...

'I agree to fulfill and pay for all fixtures during the season/s and agree to abide by the rules of champion soccer'.

Would something like that hold up in court?

We cancelled the fixtures as we didn't have enough players so if the fixture never went ahead wouldn't that mean there was nothing to pay for?

they also threaten to bill me for all legal costs and give me a negative credit rating??

My friend had a similar problem with them and just igored it so I'm debating that.

Cheers

Owen

They've already given you a massive discount so they know its bogus.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If it were me, i would. But it's up to you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The document you quote isnt a contract but an invitation to treat,

something that invites you to consider something else and then form a contract after due consideration.

The wording saying that you agree to abide by the rules and then not saying what they are is themain reason as to why this is so.

Did they supply a proper set of rules at the time with this or is this it?

The threats about court are most likely just that as I cannot see any advantage to them in taking the action and then losing.

How do they determine their losses as being £250 anyway?

too many inconsistencies to win over a judge.

• 1 year later...