Parking Eye got CCJ at old address - 1've paid but what

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly,

Thank you everyone for all your contributions on this website,

I have read through most of it and it was of real help to my particular problem regarding CCJ.

I have a query if you can help and advise.

I received a CCJ in April 2014 for parking in one of the sites maintained by Parking Eye company during Dec 2013.

The reason was that,

I moved from my previous residence and all the reminders and court communication were sent to my previous address including the CCJ appeals form.

I collected the letters from my previous address and since it was a court judgment,

I immediately paid the £165 in June 2014.

My credit file shows a CCJ as 'Satisfied'.

Now the actual problem is,

all my possibilities to get a loan or a mortgage have diminished

and I am being perceived as a financial offender or a kind of fraudster by financial institutions.

My Personal loan application was turned down and credit card applications were declined.

This has caused a lot of trauma mentally and I cannot help thinking on it everyday.

Everything seems difficult for me now.

I am in a permanent employment and have never missed any payments.

The only thing I can do is to appeal or challenge against the default decision

since I didn't had a slightest idea about it due to the communication being sent to my previous address.

Please advise if the appeal is possible now since I have paid the amount

and much time has been lapsed since the judgment.

Your advise will be of great help.

Thank you

what would be your defence if you did pay to get it set aside

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You cant set it aside...you have paid it.......the CCJ will show on your CRA,s for 6 years ( Satisfied )...Satisfied judgments do look better than outstanding ones but, realistically, neither is helpful when it comes to getting mainstream credit. As the judgment ages, your credit rating should improve, as long as you manage your existing credit commitments well.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi, Thank you for all your replies,

My main defence will be non receipt of any communication since I moved from the place.

I have paid the amount as I thought it is a court judgement and its been too late to apply for 'Set Aside' or appeal since 2 months had already passed when I got all the documents from the previous address.

But now it has become difficult for me, I accepted that the fault is mine by Paying the fine amount,

but why do people like me who are genuine on-time payers of all their bills suffer for next 6 years just because of a private parking company taking advantage of the default judgement.

That's why my main question was, 'Can I appeal against as default CCJ when I have already paid the amount and it appears as 'Satisfied in my Credit file.

Any advice will be of great help.

It wasn't a fine and you should have contested the speculative invoice the entire way.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

if you did not inform your creditors/DVLA of your change of address

I cant see theres anything you can do.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi , Thank you for replying,

I understand it was a lag from my side as I moved house and sold the car, I paid the amount because of it and totally agree to everything.

But how fair it is on me to pay 40% on personal loans when the prevailing rate is up to 4% and I have no right to buy a house on mortgage.

Can a person be penalised for next 6 years with high interest rates, car insurance, home insurance and all that a normal person is entitled to.

Hence I am seeking an advice if there are chances to appeal and request the judge for consideration

If the process took place during a period where you failed to notify the dvla of your change of address

there is no known route of appeal or to get a setaside.

Also note that is is a seperate offense to fail to update your details with the dvla

IF you had updated your details with dvla then you could argue a setaside on the basis of not receiving paperwork.

The flaw here is you DID receive paperwork in order to discover you had a ccj and then paid it,

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi, Appreciate your response thank you.

The paper work I received after 2 months of the CCJ,

I applied for a credit card and was turned down, then I started investigating the cause, thru credit file etc, and went back to the previous address and requested the tenants to give any documents they have received in my name in last six months,, that's when I found the CCJ documents.

For not informing DVLA the max fine will be £1000, if the judge wishes to fine me, but at least I will be able to get a mortgage on reasonable terms if the CCJ is cleared.

I cant imagine continuing paying £800 rent for next 6 years just because I have a CCJ and cannot get a mortgage.

I hope you understand.

I understand

However the facts as unhelpful as they are stand. If i knew of a way id tell you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

parking eye would have gotten your details from the dvla

opps. your bad

cant see anyway of getting it seta side

and even if you do,

what is your defence against parking eye?

you get an unfriendly judge

you'll be £1000's more down for as court costs.

and they

Hi,

I hate to think that this is the end of the road and I am stuck for next 6 years,

There has to be something where I appeal or at least raise it to the court my situation.

I agree there are processes to keep actual fraudsters and [problematic] away and keep small businesses safe, however, this is affecting normal individuals like me.

I will keep trying and have a feeling that there might be some ray of hope somewhere I just need to keep on searching for it. :)

Regards.

You had your chance before court, and as a defence for it. They have no right to claim money from you. ALl you had to do was use GPEOL as a defence with popla and it would have been over long before court.

Right now, youve got very little chance of success and could end up with a lot more money spent in costs.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D