Pension Changes 2015/2016

essexmat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I have been reading up on the proposed pension changes in 2015/16 and am slightly concerned about my parents.

They are both 68 years old and my Father gets £190.00p/w pension which is including pension credits and my Mother gets £26.00p/w as she never paid any contributions and worked cash in hand (regrets it now)

Will they be affected as in my Fathers will drop to the new rate of £148.80 (I think) meaning a drop of £41.00ish and £164.00p/m?!

Although they get carers, DLA and housing benefit they just about get by so a significant drop like this will put them right in the mire, or, will it balance out so they do not lose out as a couple?

I really am quite concerned about this so any pensions people that understand this more than I do I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Correct - the new system affects only new pensioners. Nobody currently in receipt of the SRP will lose money.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks all, sorry for the delay, been out most of the morning. That is good to know, so in fact due to their ages there is no change at all. Relief to them I am sure!

On another positive note just had some good news, my landlord has extended my lease for another 24 months with no rent increase. Now I just need a well paid job andI am more settled!