Vodafone issue

tony3x
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Need a bit of help trying to sort out an issue for someone that has a Vodaphone default. English is not his first language so he has found it difficult dealing with them by phone.

From what I can gather he had a contract with them and during a phone call his contract was changed and the monthly payment increased. He tried to sort this out with out luck so stopped paying (mistake). His credit report shows the missed payments then the o/s amount jumps from just over £400 to over £800 and then defaulted. The full amount has since been paid.

He says that it was all done by phone and he has never received any paperwork.

Not sure where to start, was thinking of a SAR with specific requests for the agreements and statements.

Any thoughts.

Hi tony3x,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

So I can take a closer look at things for your friend, ask him to email me with his details via the Contact us form here.

To make sure it reaches me, he'll also need to quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Once sent, he'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

• 1 month later...

Hi Lee,

I have spoken to my friend and he is under the impression that you are trying to have a look at his case. I told him to text you to get an update. Is there anything that you can tell me or get me to do that may help.

This is becoming quite urgent as he is trying to get a mortgage and the default is proving problematic. He can get a mortgage with the default but the rate will be a lot higher. He doesn't want to commit to it only to find that the default can be removed.

Thanks

hi,

19th November you made this complaint... and you are still waiting for a response in February?

not sure if this link will help you: http://www.consumerrightsexpert.co.uk/ClaimingCompensationUnderDataProtection.html

to be honest there was a delay in him completing the form and also Lee had a bit of trouble contacting him. He has apparently now received a letter saying that Vodafone have not done anything wrong although I haven't seen it yet. He has submitted a SAR so when that comes back we will have a look and see what can be done.

Watch this space.

• 1 month later...

Back to this again. SAR was submitted and acknowledged as received on 13th Feb.

The attached letter has now been sent by Vodafone saying that ID is required and the 40 days will start from when the ID is returned, they also returned the cheque.

The name and address are the same at which Vodafone have previously made contact. Are they trying it on?

I would say if your friend had been in contact within a reasonable time prior to this request, then yes, they are stalling. However, I would send the information requested and then make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Not least that they received the request on 13th February and did not request the information until nearly a month later? They are supposed to request any further information within a "timely" manner.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks CB. They were ok sending the default notice to him at the same address in 2013 and its the same address that Fredrickson wrote to him in August 14 amongst the other letters and various statements.

When he sends the ID in is it worth saying mentioning that they have had plenty of time to get back to him and request the ID therefore he considers the 40 days started on the original receipt, and also to mention that he will be reporting them to the ICO if they breach the 40 days.

• 3 months later...

Just to bring this back.

I have had a look through the info provided in the SAR.

It looks as if the charges are justified as they are all calls. Couple of things that stand out though. He was charged regularly for Vodafone Live, which he does not recall ever requesting, not apparent from SAR. He had also requested, and was paying for, the international passport but this was not carried over when he changed contracts thus he incurred higher international call charges.

Also he changed his address, which is confirmed in the SAR, but they continued to send statements to his old address until they sent the DN. He wasn't paying the bills as he was not getting the statements. Could this be something to pull them on. He is not worried about the money as the account is now cleared, its the DN that is causing the problems as he is trying to get a mortgage and can't get the best rates.

Just spotted this thread. VF did the same to me. Took a month to reply to my SAR asking for ID.

I bet they haven't included a copy of the contract as they are stored offsite and in a situation where it would be hard work to find. In other words, chucked into a room in any way they like.

Even though VF were sending the bills to an old address, your friend should have noticed that he wasn't getting bills and chased them up.

I would check the account history from the beginning of the contract to see what was included at that time. It may have been that VF live may have been a free 3 month trial but paid for afterwards. If so, I would try and claim that back. As for the International Passport, that should have been transferred to the new contract.

On to the charges, yes, there will be an early termination fee but I bet they have also added an admin fee. VF charge a fixed amount for this which they cannot do as all they are allowed to charge is the actual cost for the duties involved in administering the account before passing to a DCA. Ask them for a breakdown of this and wait and wait and wait!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox, thanks for the reply.

I have tried to make sense of what they have sent (all on a disc) but there are some things that do not add up. As you say there is no copy of any of the contracts. A big problem is that the guy I am helping is Romanian and whilst his English is ok face to face he can struggle a bit on the phone, especially if he is getting agitated. Also by looking at it he never received a bill from when he moved so did not pay anything although they let the phones continue to be used without chasing, this does not excuse him not paying but he was entitled to receive a statement.

I will check all that you mentioned.

He only ever dealt with by phone and said that he has never had a copy of a contract.

How did you get your contract in the end?

thanks

How did you get your contract in the end?

I didn't!

If anyone tried to take court action, I would imagine that a copy of the agreement would be needed but if they don't know what was on it, how could they say it was a genuine copy. My case was for my eldest daughter who had some fraud committed against her but the contract was taken out at a phones4u shop and as we know, they went bust so getting anything will be nigh on impossible.

In an earlier case for my youngest daughter, it took Lee getting involved to get copy contracts.

As they now supply data on disc, this should make things easier to look at different documents at the same time.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks,

I think we will start but telling them that the SAR is incomplete as it does not contain the contracts and see if we can get hold of them.

Could be a game of letter tennis is about to begin.