Vehicle secure deposit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, admin feel free to shift this to the appropriate place if not appropriate.

I found a motorbike I liked on eBay, it was on auction and I asked the seller if I offered him his full asking price would he hold the bike for two weeks for me, he said yes but with a £200 deposit. He left the auction to end with no bids and hasn't relisted it. I transferred the deposit to his bank account as requested. I was meant to be picking it up this week and he's not answering his phone, texts or eBay messages.

Do I have any leg to stand on getting my money back? If so how would I do it? Thanks

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you can't reverse a bank transfer.

I'm guessing from what you say that the deal wasn't completed on ebay so you don't have any protection there.

but did you not get his address? can you not just call round?

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you can't reverse a bank transfer.

I'm guessing from what you say that the deal wasn't completed on ebay so you don't have any protection there.

but did you not get his address? can you not just call round?

Unfortunately all I got is his bank account details, his phone number and his eBay account. The area he lives In is two hours from me

There are signs all over ebay about 'not' conducting business outside of ebay, remember that for the future, use Paypal.

You now need to contact ebay and start a dispute, they may refuse as you paid outside of ebay.

Though it should be possible to trace this person via the phone number, unless a pay as you go, or his bank account, it could all be fake and you left high and dry.

How long has the seller been selling on Ebay?

Do everything neccessary to track down the seller. Find the name of the sellers bank, write a letter to them, explain what's happened, get them to pass on a letter, make it a no nonsense letter. There is a lot you can do, quite a few Ebay threads with similar experiences.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/ptop/plain/A2927388

It is worth contacting Action Fraud.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fraud-az-online-shopping-fraud

When you write to the sellers bank, you could include the Action Fraud reference number. They might want to close the account.

If you have his address, you can claim against him through moneyclaimonline. That starts the small claims court procedure. It is actually quite straightforward for something like this. That would ultimately get a CCJ.

If you don't have his address and cannot locate him, you can try to get the court's permission to serve papers on him through ebay or even text message. Once you get a CCJ you could then enforce against his bank account (assuming there is money in it).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS