Marlin/Mortimer claim form - old YB OD 'debt'

newt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, please help.

Marlin/Mortimer Solicitors have issued a county court claim against me for a overdraft with Yorkshire Bank at least 8 years old.

I`m not sure if the amounts are correct its that old and don`t know how to fight it.

HELP NEEDED PLEASE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-April-2014**

We need a little more information than you have provided. Please have a look at the thread linked above. Copy and paste the first post over into this thread, and provide answers to the questions asked :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Name of the claimant ?

Marlin Europe 1 Limited

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.

Issued 21.10.14

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down.

POClink3.gif

Monies due under current account overdraft.

The claimant`s claim is for the balance outstanding under a bank account facility Clydesdale bank plc trading as Yorkshire Banklink3.gif

(CYRB) agreed to maintain for the defendant.

It was a term of the bank account that any debit balance would be repayable by the defendant in full on demand.

Despite a demand being made, the defendant has failed to repay the amount due.

The debt was assigned to the claimant on 18/9/2009.

The claimant therefore claims,

1.£2427.00

2.interestlink3.gif pursuant to section 69 of the county courts act 1984, namely £1751 & continuing until judgement or sooner payment at the rate of 0

What is the value of the claim?

£2427 plus interest = £4178 in total

Is the claim for a current or credit/loan account or mobile phone account?

Current account overdraft

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007?

Not sure, it could have been before.

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.

Not the original creditor, or the original DCA, it has been sold again to Marlin in 2009

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?

Yes in 2009

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?

Yes but it was more than 6 years ago

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ?

No

Why did you cease payments:-

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?

Yes

When was the LAST payment?

If you are 100% sure it's well over 6 yrs, here is your defence (thanks Andy)

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (date).

2 The Claimant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation acticon 1980. If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 yearslink3.gif have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

Edited by citizenB
Text for defence in quote box

your timeline is as follows :-

Issue date 21.10.2014 + 5 days for service = 25.10.2014 + 14 days to acknowledge = 09.11.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 23.11.2014.

You MUST acknowledge your claim by 9th November - you can do this online using the claim reference and the password that you will find on the claim form.

If you received the Default Notice and demand for repayment in full more than 6 years ago and have made no payment or acknowledged liability in that time , then it could be that the debt is statute barred. However, you need to establish for certain.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

don't forget you have to create a user first on MCOL - and write down the number given

you use the info on the claimform after logging in and selecting AOS

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This overdraft was caused by the bank adding money to my account by mistake without me knowing,

maybe one or two thousand pounds, its that long ago I can`t even remember.

When they did finally let me know of their mistake the funds were no longer there.

I did have quite a bit of money going in and out of that account at the time and didn`t notice,

I didn't have internet banking to check if it was even invented then.

When I couldn't pay it all back instantly the bank closed my account,

called the debt an overdraft and gave me a default notice.

I have paid a small monthly amount as suggested by the cccs to which ever DCA was dealing with the account ever since.

I also have it in writing that they will accept the monthly payments and

then I received a claim form from the county court from Marlin.

I checked my credit file and there is no record of a default regarding this so it must be well over 6 years ago.

" I have paid a small monthly amount as suggested by the cccs to which ever DCA was dealing with the account ever since."

So its not Statute Barred then.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Can anybody suggest how I should approach this case please or if they think there is anything I can do to fight it, and is there any documentation that I should be asking for. Thankyou

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 1 month later...

so what is happening with this?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ah good you just hadn't comeback with any update of what you were doing.

you must be OK with the legal process etc etc then?>

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Update,

The claimants solicitors have been instructed to take no further action and

told me the claim will be automatically stayed if they are unable to supply the documents by a date that has now passed.

I`m not sure what to do next,

should I contact the court to let them know,

should I try to get any defaults related to this case removed ?

Thanks

No and no to the your points newt.

Andy