Marlin - threatening court on old northern rock 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi citizenB

It was a unsecured loan, the last payments were made to NRAM, but Marlin have bought the debt and (I now am aware) are just looking for people to just accept their debts and start paying - last time I paid anything on this loan was in July 2010, but they continue to send a 1 page signed documents which is now not a good copy and attached 1 sheet of terms and conditions!

Hopefully they will leave me alone now, if not I will have to send RD letter and SAR AND CCA requests to Marlin with the fees and retype the above letter!

I could well do without this as at the moment my mother is quite ill and I have so many concerns and then these worms come out of the rotten woodwork of bad debt loans.

I dont know how I would have coped over the years without the advice provided on this website by so many honest and genuine people within humanity.

###

Hi intree, sorry about your mother!

Can you clarify on the Statute Barred status of this debt please?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the actual date I made the last payment so just want them to come back to me and say no the last payment was made in ?? ?? ????

Hopefully they will leave me alone if they are just fishing for payments, if not at least I will then know for certain that they know it is not statute barred and I will be ready to challenge the next issues they then raise as above.

This may be a little cheeky but I am just doing what they do and have had enough of their contact first by phone and now letters!

I don't have the actual date I made the last payment so just want them to come back to me and say no the last payment was made in ?? ?? ????

Hopefully they will leave me alone if they are just fishing for payments, if not at least I will then know for certain that they know it is not statute barred and I will be ready to challenge the next issues they then raise as above.

This may be a little cheeky but I am just doing what they do and have had enough of their contact first by phone and now letters!

Ok.

In reference to the Statute Barred status the default date may help establish this, also have you at any point admitted liability in full or in part for this debt?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi citizenB

It was a unsecured loan, the last payments were made to NRAM, but Marlin have bought the debt and (I now am aware) are just looking for people to just accept their debts and start paying - last time I paid anything on this loan was in July 2010, but they continue to send a 1 page signed documents which is now not a good copy and attached 1 sheet of terms and conditions!

Hopefully they will leave me alone now, if not I will have to send RD letter and SAR AND CCA requests to Marlin with the fees and retype the above letter!

I could well do without this as at the moment my mother is quite ill and I have so many concerns and then these worms come out of the rotten woodwork of bad debt loans.

I dont know how I would have coped over the years without the advice provided on this website by so many honest and genuine people within humanity.

Unfortunately if July 2010 was the last payment made, then this is not statute barred :(

There has to be a period of 6 years + where no payment or written acknowledgment of liability is made for that to be the case.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I never like the idea of just sending any comms for the simple sake of sending 'something'

its always best to ask for help

that email you sent is seriously inviting letter tennis.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi I do agree with that comment, its a email, and if they don't respond, I will not bother writing to them again, if they do I will post for advice, sometime when things pile up on you one does silly things in a Act of desperation.

Thank you all for your help and advice!

99% of what these no powers DCA'S send

or their 'fake/tame' solicitors

are designed to panic people and cause them to respond...DON'T.

once you have done this

you are then exposing yourself as being a potential 'mug'

that awaits fleecing.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as there was no statement within your cca reply, they have not complied with s77(1) at this time anyway,

no need for complicated replies, they have not complied, thats all they would be needed to be told if they persist,

no need to give the reason why

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Marlin are now calling me indefinitely from 01613626771,

I have blocked them and they are using multiple numbers

- told them to stop calling as they have not sent statements of account since 2012,

they said no they will continue, until its paid!!!!

ARE THEY REAL - where on earth did they get my number from

that's the usual action when a dca finds their cash cow has removed themselves from the milking parlour.

they do everything they can to pressure the cow into thinking they have a right to money.

if they were so confident they'd do court as we see them do time and time again.

dx

and they

Marlin are now calling me indefinitely from 01613626771, I have blocked them and they are using multiple numbers - told them to stop calling as they have not sent statements of account since 2012, they said no they will continue, until its paid!!!!

ARE THEY REAL - where on earth did they get my number from

Don't you have Caller Display? If so, why do you answer?

Don't enter into a conversation with them.

It was just a automatic reaction and I was not expecting them to call to be honest,

so did not recognise the number first,

but now they are calling from several different numbers and I am barring them one by one

- thank you Dx100uk

I think you are right they would not be calling me if they had a led to stand on..

I can not believe they have so many numbers they call from,

I have been getting 2 calls every day since last week and number is blocked and then another one calls

- are they real,

I told them not to call me and they just ignored me,

is there someone I can complain to about them please?

I can not believe they have so many numbers they call from, I have been getting 2 calls every day since last week and number is blocked and then another one calls - are they real, I told them not to call me and they just ignored me, is there someone I can complain to about them please?

Formal Complaint to Marlin referring to calls now amounting to harassment.

There is an Appeal Court Judgement Roberts - v BOS which has laid down what amount to harassment once a company has been instructed to cease contact other than in writing.

I am now getting calls from a solicitors firm called Ingrid Davies, from London 02031425110,

they stated they are looking for someone with a certain name and as a matter of urgeny!

Told them that person does not live here,

they then wanted a contact number or address told them to write and they put the phone down!

Can they do this??

that's marlin again

using their fake/tame solicitors name

ignore them.

dx

and they

The 'solicitor' SHOULD no the law. Tell the solicitor to remove your number from the system.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Think more Mafia style Intree.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

UPDATE;

They have now ignored my letter of 2/10 and have sent out a expenditure sheet

asking for immediate settlement or repayment plan arrangements within 5 days!

I have this account in dispute so dont know what the hell they are doing,

they have also started calling from new numbers

- why do they do this when I have told them to put all in writing??

convince you to being fleeced.

dx

and they

Ignore it. They know the rules not your fault they play by them