EE Troubles - The Executive Office & General Moans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had a few issues with my EE Account that I opened in April Last Year. Most of which have got resolved but it was the handling and managing of the account which seriously got my back up. So I decided enough was enough and sent an email to EE's Executive Office as a final resort before CISAS complaints.

Anyhow the complaints and incidents were as follows:

• BTOpenzone addon worked for about a week, moment I gave EE my PAC code from Three Mobile it stopped working and over a year on, still continues to be troublesome and works 2/10 times
  • Added a Sharer SIM which was registered as a Data only SIM. Que my sister running up a £200 bill without any knowledge by her or me. HSBC declined the payment on my Credit Card for Fraud Prevention reasons.
  • I first became aware of the above when I was discharged from hospital having been an inpatient for a week for bowel surgery. I needed to contact the hospital after noticing something unusual and found services suspended. I made that phone call via Skype.
  • EE took a duplicate payment from the My EE App of £82. I discovered this on a Saturday and was told I needed to wait 7 - 10 days for the funds to be credited back to my account. I did a chargeback for 1 of the payments as I wanted the funds that day in my account. HSBC oblidged after a 50 minute phone call and quoting FCA Guidelines
  • I contacted EE the same day and advised them of my actions as I was told that "Common Sense would prevail" Anything but that then happened.
  • EE then blocked card payments on my account for fraud prevention. After contacting them multiple times to resolve this and being told by 4 agents that my services would not be suspended. Exactly that happened.
  • I was promised several callbacks over all issues which were never received. In a previous complaint EE had admitted "That this had happened on more than 1 occasion"
  • EE Suspended my services over £10 after giving me an Ex VAT figure for a Bill on the phone which I paid immediately. After contacting them I was told the agent had made an error and that it was just "Tough" I paid the VAT amount again being clever and adding an extra £10 so their was no margin for error and to show I was not withholding payments.

You get the idea... Pretty poor show.

Anyhow I wrote to the EE Office in pure frustration and made sure I was in a foul mood when I did so. With a 3 Hour Train Delay on the Great Western Main Line and a lack of a Restaurant Service was the perfect moment to do so.

However here comes the biggest concern of all. At no point did I refuse payments or otherwise. But EE kindly littered my credit file with Late Payment Markers which the Executive Office kindly offered to remove...

Whilst all that was going on, I contacted BTOpenzone to request the purchase of a 12 month WiFi Subscription which is £15 per month. EE agreed to credit my bill by £15 per month continuously after I threatened to send them the bill for BTOpenzone. However BTOpenzone declined my application due to data with the credit reference agencies. I found this out BEFORE EE told me about the late payment markers. So I was refused credit by their errors.

On all occasions I made sure I overpaid the bill to show commitment and it looks like this was all a complete waste of time.

The executive office also told me that they would inform me once card payment restrictions were removed. I had to chase this just like every other phone call they promised which I never received.

EE also gave me a credit of £80 which was increased to £150 after I told them I was not satisfied.

So, they late payment marked my credit file, suspended my services 4 times, promised to call me back and never did, lie to me on whats going to happen, mess me about and cause my blood pressure to rise increasingly.

And offer £150 Compensation + £15 reoccuring when my bills total around £100 per month every moth. Should I just accept that? Or should I escalate to CISAS or do something more sinister?

Any advise or constructive criticism would be welcomed. Thanks :)

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

After looking at this, i would stop as is, accept the £150... That would be my step.. If you want to continue threaten with LBA... then if nothing improves, pull the trigger...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks fkoflilee. In honesty, I was more than tempted to accept this as F&F settlement of the complaints. But wanted an independent opinion just in case I should have pursued for something further. I was more upset over the BTOpenzone credit check thing where EE had scattered late payments everywhere.

More upset that they would have kept them there had I not said anything.

So thanks for your advice. I will contact them and suggest that I will accept the case as closed.

Edited by nuclearshark
Pressed submit by accident

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

I won't lie, I don't have a lot of time for EE. This is because I haven't been been customer of their's for sometime.

But dealing with them on behalf of others... They are just a pure nightmare.

It looks like your agreement will be up shortly... Consider moving?

Accept the compo

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis