NRAM/Marlin HELP PLEASE!!

5imeon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Excuse my attention grabbing title, im in a bit of a panic.

I had an original loan with Northern Rock for £9k. This defaulted in June 2009 with around £5k remaining.

This was registered on my credit file under NRAM but is now under Marlin.

Since 2009 I have been making payments of £30 per month to NRAM who have never contacted me after I set up the initial direct debit amount with them and have never sent me any letters saying they have passed along the loan to someone else.

I did check the NRAM webpage which said a number of loans had been sold onto other debt collection companies so assume Marlin have bought this.

Friday, I received a letter from Marlin offering a 50% reduction on the amount of £4332 if I paid in 7 days.

Saturday I received a letter from Marlin saying I had to contact them to arrange a payment plan, they also sent a form asking for my mortgage amount, employment status and bank details!

I'm a little panicky over how to proceed, as I can barely afford my month to month living now.

Please any advice would be great!

Hi,

First of all stay off of the phone and do not talk to Marlin, you need to keep everything in writing.

If you have an existing payment plan then Marlin have to honour it but I would send Marlin a CCA request instead.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974

Enclose a £1 Postal Order and then scan in, remove any personal identifiers and others will advise.

If Marlin are offering a 50% reduction then they do this for a quick payment because mainly the account does have problems associated with it.

Have you ever been sent any statements?

Did NRAM freeze interest & charges or just keep adding them?

Has you paid by Direct Debit these need to be cancelled now.

DCA's have in the past abused this system and will empty an Account, only ever pay via Standing Order, that way you remain in complete control.

You also need to obtain a copy of your credit file, being a 2009 loan this should still be on their so hopefully will yield more information.

Noddle is free but is the least of the 3 credit reference agencies, Experian & Equifax do offer free trials but remember to download your data and cancel within 30 days or your card will be charged up to £14.99pcm.

You can also obtain via post, £2 Postal Order, the forms are on each of their websites.

May also be worth sending Northern Rock a SAR Request, this costs £10 but will show all your statements (Until Sold) and all history, this will also include any information on PPI & charges, these can be reclaimed.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hello Stigman,

Many thanks for your reply, I will get a CCA sent off.

I have never had any statements from NRAM nor a letter stating the £30 agreement, this was all done over the phone 5 years or so ago.

I have checked my noddle account and the Marlin/Nram loan is on there as defaulted the only change is that it is now Marlin rather than NRAM.

This did freeze interest and as far as I'm aware, no charges have been added.

I will cancel the direct debit now and set up a standing order.

Many thanks for your help I really just want to make this go away.

I will cancel the direct debit now and set up a standing order.

What was the original date of the loan of when you took it out?

I just re-read and it said you defaulted in 2009.

Personally, do not set up a Standing Order until Marlin have produced & replied fully to your CCA Request.

You then need to check full balances, the amount you have paid to the total of the debt, PPI, Charges etc.

Only then can you consider a payment, until then do not pay them a penny.

Do not speak on the telephone, the agents are just on minimal wage with commission top up including collection enhancements so you need to keep everything in writing, if they do call, refuse to go through the security questions, tell them in writing only and hang up.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hi Stig,

ok the original loan was taken out on 30/11/2005 then defaulted on 22/05/2009.

The noddle report says the default balance is £6190 which is oddly the same as the opening balance. The current balance is £4264.

I really appreciate all your help.

Cca them. Marlin offering a discount like that usually means a lemon debt. Try not to think too much about it though as the letters are automated.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

there are numerous threads here regarding this recent marlin/NR portfolio sell off.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I finally received a letter from Marlin yesterday,

It says they don't have all the information requested so will get n touch with the original creditor (NRAM)

they also sent a copy of the Notice of assignment.

My question is,

do I continue to pay my monthly amount (£35 standing order)?

Typically how long does it take them to get the CCA back from the original creditor?

Many thanks,

Sim,

Hello,

I had an original loan with Northern Rocklink3.gif for £9k. This defaulted in June 2009 with around £5k remaining.

Since 2009 I have been making payments of £30 per month to NRAM who have never contacted me after I set up the initial direct debitlink3.gif amount with them and have never sent me any letters saying they have passed along the loan to someone else.

I did check the NRAM webpage which said a number of loans had been sold onto other debt collectionlink3.gif companies so assume Marlin have bought this.

Friday, I received a letter from Marlin offering a 50% reduction on the amount of £4332 if I paid in 7 days.

Saturday I received a letter from Marlin saying I had to contact them to arrange a payment plan,

they also sent a form asking for my mortgagelink3.gif amount, employment status and bank details!

and the latest is here:

Hello all,

I finally received a letter from Marlin yesterday,

It says they don't have all the information requested so will get n touch with the original creditor (NRAM)

they also sent a copy of the Notice of assignment.

My question is, do I continue to pay my monthly amount (£35 standing order)?

Typically how long does it take them to get the CCA back from the original creditor?

Many thanks,

Sim,

not a secured loan then?

they have 12+2 WORKING days

once they fail you can stop till they comply with an enforceable agreement

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello,

For some reason my thread was moved tot he wrong forum so am repeating the details here:

I had an original loan with Northern Rocklink3.gif for £9k. This defaulted in June 2009 with around £5k remaining.

Since 2009 I have been making payments of £30 per month to NRAM who have never contacted me after I set up the initial direct debitlink3.gif amount with them and have never sent me any letters saying they have passed along the loan to someone else.

I did check the NRAM webpage which said a number of loans had been sold onto other debt collectionlink3.gif companies so assume Marlin have bought this.

Saturday I received a letter from Marlin saying I had to contact them to arrange a payment plan, they also sent a form asking for my mortgagelink3.gif amount, employment status and bank details!

and the latest is here:

Hello all,

I finally received a letter from Marlin yesterday, It says they don't have all the information requested so will get n touch with the original creditor (NRAM) they also sent a copy of the Notice of assignment.

My question is, do I continue to pay my monthly amount (£35 standing order)?

Many thanks,

Sim,

Was this loan a secured loan not a mortgage?

CCA request goes to the DCA, the time scale is 12 +2 working days.

You are not obliged to give Marlin any such information!

A SAR to NRAM is your next step I think, get all the data that NRAM holds on this.

Template in CAG library, stat fee £10 to pay. 40 days to comply.

The figures don't tie up and you don't I think know what is actually outstanding?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

no they know full well.

and they